Decision Between Trips

niceguyneastbay

Since you haven't done AK or the Med, you have to do both! :) I'd say start with the AK.

BTW you need to correct the date of your N.A. cruise in your signature. :)

Edited by catl331

Thank you for folk the quick input on the cruises. I am a airline crew member so travel can be arranged but it could take a bit long to get over to Europe. I would prob by tickets to get to Europe so I don't have to worry about getting stuck anywhere. West Coast airfare to YVR is reasonable. Nothing more than $120 each way. Airfare to Europe now is running about $1600+

The Vancouver sailing. No contest. It's the prettier route to Alaska, and that one has Skagway---a fun little town with lots of history.

You do not want to go to the Med in August.

Hands down, Vancouver option if you decide on Alaska.

If you are choosing between Alaska and the Med, and have no real preference, then I would go with the one that had the best pricing.

Both Med and Alaska pricing were discounted heavily last year. We are watching both.

But, I would not go to the Med in August. Too hot, too many people, and much less chance of a good fare. I would pick late Sept. or early October for that.

Edited by iancal

While you are physically able to do long-haul, why not go with the Mediterranean and perhaps keep the Alaskan cruise for "just in case", as none of us know what is in front of us.

Both your attachments only showed Alaska so not sure where in Europe your other cruise is heading but the Med is fabulous and very diverse so I don't think you'd be disappointed.

The Vancouver sailing. No contest. It's the prettier route to Alaska, and that one has Skagway---a fun little town with lots of history.

You do not want to go to the Med in August.

RuthC; you need to emphasize this!

Hot, sticky, and crowded. :(

RuthC; you need to emphasize this!

Hot, sticky, and crowded. :(

I'll try again:

You do NOT want to go to the Med in August.

Better?

Heck, I was there in both very early May, and mid-October to mid-November, and both times were still too hot.

We live in Canada and have seen snow for 5 months a year for the past 65 years. There is no way in h*** that you would ever get us to pay to go and see someone else's snow :eek: As far as we are concerned, there is never a bad time to enjoy the Mediterranean. :D

Heck, I was there in both very early May, and mid-October to mid-November, and both times were still too hot.

How hot is too hot in early May? We have booked a land tour of Italy in Mid May. We are desperately waiting for the 2015 Med. brochures to come out in order to do either a pre or post Med cruise.

How hot is too hot in early May? We have booked a land tour of Italy in Mid May. We are desperately waiting for the 2015 Med. brochures to come out in order to do either a pre or post Med cruise.

Should be pleasant, not too hot and you may even have rain in the north.