" Dive In " Sauce

JoeMGiants

When I had a burger with dive in sauce it tasted like mayo with a little ketchup mixed in. Like a big mac. I also was disappointed that when I asked for pickle and onion I was told they no longer had them. In all fairness this was on the Eurodam when they first started the new Dive In

Oh my goodness, what a flashback! In pre-historic times (about 1972), I was a student at what was then Southern Oregon College in Ashland, OR. There was a little place called, IIRC, the Dive Inn. It had a wonderful sauce for the fries, consisting of ketchup, mayo and dill pickle juice (and other, possibly illicit, substances for all I knew -- it was addictive. :D)

Dave

• Like 1

We tried it on the Eurodam and it tasted to me like mayo with ketchup me maybe some other stuff...not sweet like relish to me but very tasty and also very yummy to dip fries in. I agree it is kinda pink/orange in color. Both DH and I liked very much.

The Big Mac secret sauce (no longer secret) uses mayo with French Dressing as its base. Sounds like this HAL dressing is like that or certainly mayo with ketchup.

That right, no secret anymore.

"In 2012, McDonald's admitted that the special sauce ingredients were "not really a secret" because the recipe had been available online "for years". It consists of store-bought mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard whisked together with vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika."

That right, no secret anymore.

"In 2012, McDonald's admitted that the special sauce ingredients were "not really a secret" because the recipe had been available online "for years". It consists of store-bought mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish and yellow mustard whisked together with vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika."

Several of the online sites that give the Big Mac recipe use French Salad Dressing rather than ketchup or include just a very small amount of ketchup. I always thought the French dressing made sense because the taste of a Big Mac sauce is not exactly like mayo/ketchup or a Russian dressing and is a little more pale orange in color than just the reddish-pink of ketchup. Doesn't matter as long as HAL's is a success with the pax. I like a 1000 Island, Russian, and Big Mac sauce on lots of foods including burgers, so I'm sure I would enjoy the Dive-In unless the burgers had to be overcooked and not medium (or better yet medium rare). :)