Headliner shows - the good, bad....

I was looking for some recent comments on RC Headliner shows.

Any "must see" standouts? Any bad experiences?

I really liked the a-capella group "Home Free" on Explorer and was happy to see them on the TV show "the sing off".

It seems like RC has cut back on the bigger name acts.

Thoughts or comment? Thanks

The worst headliner we have ever seen was on a Celebrity cruise about 7-8 years ago. I don't remember his name but he was a comedian/singer. Oh my goodness was he old. Had to be in his mid 80's!! His claim to fame was being a writer on the Barney Miller show (that was in the 70's, early 80's)! He opened with a Monica Lewinsky joke and a Tonya Harding joke.....all things that happened more than 10-15 years before the cruise. He was horrible. People started walking out within minutes, we made it to about 15 minutes..kept hoping he might get better...I am am optimist!! I would have been surprised if there was anyone in there at the end!!

I was looking for some recent comments on RC Headliner shows.

Any "must see" standouts? Any bad experiences?

I really liked the a-capella group "Home Free" on Explorer and was happy to see them on the TV show "the sing off".

It seems like RC has cut back on the bigger name acts.

Thoughts or comment? Thanks

not sure if a headliner but saw a group called abracadrabra excuse the spelling an Abba tribute band also agree with bob on finis Henderson bought his cd listen to it every time I start planning my next cruise LOL Edited by help04me

We aren't into the platters (way before our time!) but their show was great because they did some history and some more modern songs that were influenced by the platters music. So we find it very entertaining! Our favorite story is that we've cruised for over 20 years and DH is a huge Beatles fan and they have had a Beatles tribute making the rounds for years, but we'd never had them on board till our Jewel cruise- we were so excited. But then when we got to the theater there were only 3 Beatles! John had missed the plane due to some shenanigans with the airlines:rolleyes:

We enjoy the magicians/ vaudevillian/comedy acts more than the musical acts generally!

Edited by Familygoboston

not sure if a headliner but saw a group called abracadrabra excuse the spelling an Abba tribute band also agree with bob on finis Henderson bought his cd listen to it every time I start planning my next cruise LOL

ABBACADABRA is an all time favorite show.

What ever happened to Los Pampas Gouchos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

not sure if a headliner but saw a group called abracadrabra excuse the spelling an Abba tribute band also agree with bob on finis Henderson bought his cd listen to it every time I start planning my next cruise LOL

lol, absolutely hated Abracadabra tribute band. Yuck. Lots of people walked out. On the other hand my DH liked them sand stayed a little longer than the rest of us.

I think Los Pampas Gouchos was on Liberty last time I was on.

Edited by Trekker954

The Unexpected Boys are fabulous. They did a Four Seasons tribute show on Enchantment of the Seas a few years ago, and I see they have some upcoming shows on RCI sailings.

We saw them on the Allure. They were outstanding!!!

I walked out on an Elton John tribute act on Adventure whose name I have fortunately erased from my memory. I was pushing myself to last more than the first couple of numbers when he came out with a homophobic comment which sealed his fate where I was concerned....

The best group we've ever seen on Royal was Mosaic. They were also an a cappella group. Bought their cd & our girls talked to them quite a bit after the show.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by camreesmom

Recently on NOS, the Texas Tenors were great!

They are going to be back on Navigator Feb 8, 2015. They will be on the entire cruise, as there is a TTT charter group going, with lots of fun benefits.:)