New Westerdam Review with lots of pictures and menus

MVPinBoynton

We have just published our review of our March 1 through March 8 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the HAL Westerdam. In addition to lots of photos of the ship and ports. We have also included on the "Menus" tab, copies of all the restaurant and bar menus; as well as food photos . The review is on our website http://www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

Great pictures..thanks so much…we sailed her several years ago and I loved the picture of early New York and the artwork on the floor! I took the same pictures…but yours are a lot better than mine:D

I enjoyed your reviews. I even looked further back at your Celebrity Reflection review as I wanted to learn more about St. Maarten. We will be visiting there for the first time later this year. I am thinking of booking a tour with the company you mentioned, so I was happy to hear you were pleased with their tour. It is great to have all this expertise at my fingertips! Thank you.

Great pictures..thanks so much…we sailed her several years ago and I loved the picture of early New York and the artwork on the floor! I took the same pictures…but yours are a lot better than mine:D

I am so glad you liked that one. I argued with myself about putting both photos in the review; but decided "what the heck, I like the picture". Both pictures are from the same shot. I wonderful feature in PhotoShop is the ability to change the perspective to make the subject look like you are directly in front of it.

So excited to see it "big" when I get home! I can see it on my phone, but that's small. And the site is blocked as "social networking" by our school computers (yet this forum site isn't?!?!? I'm confused!). :(

Looking forward to it!

Me too! Such great pictures.

Sent the link to my friend who is cruising with me

We have just published our review of our March 1 through March 8 Eastern Caribbean cruise on the HAL Westerdam. In addition to lots of photos of the ship and ports. We have also included on the "Menus" tab, copies of all the restaurant and bar menus; as well as food photos . The review is on our website http://www.thepreismans.com. Enjoy!

Thank you for this excellent review...

Thank you for such a thorough and interesting review. I love the Westerdam and enjoyed seeing your pictures. I noticed that you are a frequent celebrity cruiser and would be interested in your thoughts as to how your Hal experienced compared. We are thinking of a family cruise with our adult children and demanding schedules force us to be flexible. My heart belongs to HAL but Celebrity might meet the schedule.

Thank you for such a thorough and interesting review. I love the Westerdam and enjoyed seeing your pictures. I noticed that you are a frequent celebrity cruiser and would be interested in your thoughts as to how your Hal experienced compared. We are thinking of a family cruise with our adult children and demanding schedules force us to be flexible. My heart belongs to HAL but Celebrity might meet the schedule.

Because I have reached a high loyalty level with Celebrity, it is more advantageous to cruise with them; plus since we have been on most of the ships, it feels like we are coming home. :D As far as how they compare, they are both great lines that I would happily cruise again. To me, they are more similar in most areas than I expected. But they do each have a different feel or environment to them. I don't think you can go wrong with either line.

I have read many reviews during the time I have been a CC community member. But, yours is without a doubt the best I have ever had the pleasaure to read! Thank you so very much!

Having been aboard the Westerdam for her January 4th sailing this year, it is interesting to see what is different from my sailing. The Captain and CD were the same, but the Hotel Director had changed. I am going to have to get out the menus I brought home, but I do think some of the offerings in the MDR have changed.

We had different individual entertainers, but the same two cast shows and, I think, some or maybe all different, BB King performers. But, as you described, there shows were highlights in the entertainment program. I really, really enjoyed the two cast shows. They were so, so much superior to the cast shows that I "endured" on the Eurodam this Summer.

Where were you seated in the Pinnacle Grill? (I was seated in the "ring" of tables closest to the atrium.) My PG experience did not match yours, but there may have been a different Manager and/or staff.

Are you able to share how you were able to obtain permission to embark so early in order to do your photography?

Thanks again for your efforts!

So, are you going to tell us the "suggestion" you made that was implemented throughout the dining rooms? Please? :)

Yes, believe it or not. I spoke to the Dining Room Manager, Himanshu Dogra about there being no spoons on the table to stir the iced tea. As he explained, quite awhile back they stopped setting out the multiple forks, spoons, and knives on the tables because it is a waste. Now they only put out one knife and one fork unless something else is needed or requested. I told him that I understood that and agreed with him.

I suggested since most people either drink wine or ice water with their meal, why not instruct the waiters that anytime someone orders ice tea, to serve it with a spoon. They already do that with coffee. A simple solution to improve the service.

It was no big deal. The only reason I even mentioned it in the review was to serve as an example of the great service we received on board.

I have read many reviews during the time I have been a CC community member. But, yours is without a doubt the best I have ever had the pleasaure to read! Thank you so very much!

Having been aboard the Westerdam for her January 4th sailing this year, it is interesting to see what is different from my sailing. The Captain and CD were the same, but the Hotel Director had changed. I am going to have to get out the menus I brought home, but I do think some of the offerings in the MDR have changed.

We had different individual entertainers, but the same two cast shows and, I think, some or maybe all different, BB King performers. But, as you described, there shows were highlights in the entertainment program. I really, really enjoyed the two cast shows. They were so, so much superior to the cast shows that I "endured" on the Eurodam this Summer.

Where were you seated in the Pinnacle Grill? (I was seated in the "ring" of tables closest to the atrium.) My PG experience did not match yours, but there may have been a different Manager and/or staff.

Are you able to share how you were able to obtain permission to embark so early in order to do your photography?

Thanks again for your efforts!

I am so glad you enjoyed the review. As far as where we were seated in PG, it was in the back room to the left, if that helps. It wasn't crowded at the time. As far as the early boarding, I guess there is some benefit in having a cruise review website.

Yes, believe it or not. I spoke to the Dining Room Manager, Himanshu Dogra about there being no spoons on the table to stir the iced tea. As he explained, quite awhile back they stopped setting out the multiple forks, spoons, and knives on the tables because it is a waste. Now they only put out one knife and one fork unless something else is needed or requested. I told him that I understood that and agreed with him.

I suggested since most people either drink wine or ice water with their meal, why not instruct the waiters that anytime someone orders ice tea, to serve it with a spoon. They already do that with coffee. A simple solution to improve the service.

It was no big deal. The only reason I even mentioned it in the review was to serve as an example of the great service we received on board.

Excellent! Thanks for sharing... and for helping out those of us who add a little something to our iced tea!