Aos doa

[quote name='Folk Singer']i like this sort of information.[/quote]

Unfortunately it appears the information I found was not the most up to date or accurate info available. Others claim no Park Cafe addition. It is not a very long dry dock at all so I guess we will have to wait and see posts from those onboard after the revitalization process.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']I don't think RCI would keep adding them to ships if they were not producing money. I guess enough people are willing to take the decorating classes that they offer and buy enough cupcakes to make it worth while. Personally, I would never spend so much as a nickel in the place.[/QUOTE]

Ditto......I think they are a waste of money. What is more, I never saw anybody attending Cupcake 'classes' on Liberty. The tables and chairs at the front of the shop were used all the time for people having coffee and snacks from opposite!!

Just back! Started off a little rough, lol. However RCI was very generous in their compensation to us and we ended up having a great time! The crew was great, and I can't complain. It was an unfortunate problem with the fixipod, but everyone we talked to was completely satisfied with RCI's refund and 50% off of our next cruise. Ready to book my next cruise!

[quote name='rubrrick']I just went online, and apparently they are not going ahead with a Park Cafe, but instead putting in a Cupcake operation in the promanade.

Also someone that was aboard last month posted that the AOS will not be adding a Park Cafe. We are aboard for the upcoming crossing, and I'm personally saddened that they are leaving that out. I have enjoyed food from there on other ships.

Rick[/QUOTE]

Bad decision about Park Cafe too many "pay for" venues being added to RCIships. Besides I'd rather have a good sandwich or salad from a Park Cafe then an overpriced cupcake

So glad the folks on last week's voyage ended up with at least an enjoyable (although shortened) voyage!

Totally agree that they should have added the Park Cafe. Not enough food venues on AD....free or pay! Cupcake Place is something we don't spend $ at....because we don't like the cupcakes! Tried them on OA and AL and were not impressed at all!

[quote name='LMaxwell']Unfortunately it appears the information I found was not the most up to date or accurate info available. Others claim no Park Cafe addition. It is not a very long dry dock at all so I guess we will have to wait and see posts from those onboard after the revitalization process.[/quote]

I will board her next Wednesday as the first group to see the new additions and promise to come back with the update. I will probably start a new thread unless someone beats me to it. :)

I've sailed Liberty many times and am amazed at how many people take that class, but the moms also seem to love having their kids take the classes (not me). I find it hard to believe they will opt out of a Park Café though. Sounds crazy to me. I'll keep you all posted.

[quote name='LMaxwell']Unfortunately it appears the information I found was not the most up to date or accurate info available. Others claim no Park Cafe addition. It is not a very long dry dock at all so I guess we will have to wait and see posts from those onboard after the revitalization process.[/QUOTE]

Hey no worries.:):)

As of yesterday at around 6pm EDT Adventure was doing 19.7 knots with an ETA in Freeport of just before 7am on April 2nd or the day after tomorrow if it averages 19 knots. Today she out of range on Marine Traffic. I'm guessing that it's top speed with two pods running and no blades on fixed pod is that 19.7 knots and the speed they were doing when I checked on it's run up to St. Croix from St. Lucia. Normal maximum speed is listed at 22 knots.
We were on Voyager last year and I believe that's where we saw Cupcake Emporium had been added where the florist had been outside the Windjammer restaurant. Our thoughts were "How many in their right mind would pay to have cup cakes while onboard a cruiseship". We never saw anyone buying in there and rarely even saw anyone in there except employees after the first few days of our 18 night cruise.:confused: Edited by robtulipe

We were a party of six on the March 16th cruise. Last week we sent an email to Adam Goldstein detailing our disappointment in the missed ports but more so the lack of communication on board particularly the last morning. The tone of the email was a calm recap of our observations as opposed to blame. We also mentioned the potential for injury we thought could have occurred in the Imperial Lounge that morning due to a lack of supervision/leadership that was sorely missing. This morning we received a phone call from Mr. Goldstein's office. While they thanked us for sharing our thoughts and assured us this had been reviewed by senior management, there is no further compensation or future cruise credit planned at this time. We expressed the view that a future cruise credit would have been preferable. Though we expressed our disappointment in RC's handling of the situation, it still was a pleasant conversation.

[quote name='bdcruisers']We were a party of six on the March 16th cruise. Last week we sent an email to Adam Goldstein detailing our disappointment in the missed ports but more so the lack of communication on board particularly the last morning. The tone of the email was a calm recap of our observations as opposed to blame. We also mentioned the potential for injury we thought could have occurred in the Imperial Lounge that morning due to a lack of supervision/leadership that was sorely missing. This morning we received a phone call from Mr. Goldstein's office. While they thanked us for sharing our thoughts and assured us this had been reviewed by senior management, there is no further compensation or future cruise credit planned at this time. We expressed the view that a future cruise credit would have been preferable. Though we expressed our disappointment in RC's handling of the situation, it still was a pleasant conversation.[/quote]

Wow, This is so disappointing to hear. I don't think we are asking for the world. Yes, a future cruise credit would have really smoothed some feathers and gone a long way to create some good will. Edited by ValerieJo

[quote name='ValerieJo']Wow, This is so disappointing to hear. I don't think we are asking for the world. Yes, a future cruise credit would have really smoothed some feathers and gone a long way to create some good will.[/QUOTE]
FYI: the rep did inquire as to whether we had missed our flights. We did make our flight along with the second couple in our group, but the third did not (different times and destinations). They ended up staying over until Monday. The transfer fee money did not cover their additional costs for the hotel. Rep wanted to know if they used Choice Air. They did not. We have suggested to our friends that they send an email to ask for the additional amount. We will see what happens.

[quote name='daljettjockie']Just back! Started off a little rough, lol. However RCI was very generous in their compensation to us and we ended up having a great time! The crew was great, and I can't complain. It was an unfortunate problem with the fixipod, but everyone we talked to was completely satisfied with RCI's refund and 50% off of our next cruise. Ready to book my next cruise![/quote]

Sorry to say it will not be 50% off your next cruise but 50% of what you paid on the cruise with the problems, towards another cruise.

I have read this entire thread, and feel sorry for those that did not get something better from Royal Caribbean for the last cruise. They would have been light years ahead with their guests if they had given them a nice incentive to cruise with them again.

Far better for their bottom line to give something nice, like 30 to 50% off of their next cruise, which would bring many back as loyal customers.

But that brings me to the question of the way that Royal Caribbean seems to be running things, do they want brand loyalty, or are they pushing for a different demagraphic, which would attract new customers, which everyone knows, is better for the bottom line, in the immediate future, but not necessarily in the long term.

They do have a good loyalty program, for the most part. It's the hiccups, where they seem to stumble on both communications and willingness to bend a bit more for customers relations when something beyond their control, whether it be mechanical, or God given related, that they don't release a bit more of their pursestrings, for a better return in the future.

Just IMHO.;)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick
added verbage

But that brings me to the question of the way that Royal Caribbean seems to be running things, do they want brand loyalty, or are they pushing for a different demagraphic, which would attract new customers, which everyone knows, is better for the bottom line, in the immediate future, but not necessarily in the long term.

They do have a good loyalty program, for the most part. It's the hiccups, where they seem to stumble on both communications and willingness to bend a bit more for customers relations when something beyond their control, whether it be mechanical, or God given related, that they don't release a bit more of their pursestrings, for a better return in the future.

You're right, Rick. They may be able to pick up new customers but retaining them will be a challenge. If they lack interest in keeping us as loyal customers, then they probably won't worry about keeping the new ones either. Other cruise lines would be smart to take advantage of this weakness.

I can't say that I will never cruise with RC again, but I've taken on the attitude that they have exhibited with the rest of us 3/16 passengers - if you come back, then fine and if not, oh well. Considering that what was supposed to have set them apart from othere lines really wasn't there (excellent service [THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE DINING ROOM STAFF], well maintained ships, fewer overly intoxicated passengers, etc.) and that there are other lines that can provide at least this level of a cruise experience, if not better, I say if I sail with RC again, then fine, if not.....oh well.