No More Balcony Discounts on Short Cruises

OK, am I the only one too thick to get this . .

if I was onboard right now and booked a JS on a 15night cruise, I would get $400 OBC plus my Balcony discount of $350 totalling $750 . . . soooo .. where does the "New Total Savings" of $550 come from? .

None of it makes any sense and it looks to be one big goofup at this point.

OK, am I the only one too thick to get this . .

if I was onboard right now and booked a JS on a 15night cruise, I would get $400 OBC plus my Balcony discount of $350 totalling $750 . . . soooo .. where does the "New Total Savings" of $550 come from? .

Clear as mud right??:D Must be the new math concept!

Edited by cruisenfever

Gee and I thought I was having a mind meltdown when I read it and could not understand any of this. I still do no,t even called C&A to explain it to me they could not and I just thought it was me being dense.

Edited by dfishner

Everyone... Calm Down...

The On Board Booking Bonus on the web site is a Special Offer... and good for cruises LONGER than 4 nights. It does not negate the balcony discount offered for 3 or 4 night cruises for C&A members... BUT rather promotes the ability to combine discounts with the OBC for the stated cruise lengths. SO... for example... Book a 6 night or longer and you get an OBC and discount (based on your C&A status). THIS PROMOTES only the combination of the OBC for booking on board and the C&A discount. IT DOES NOT NEGATE the discounts offered to C&A who book on line or through an agent. Member benefit of a discount for Balcony or higher on 3 & 4 night cruises are still in effect... and I booked 2 short cruises on March 16th and received the D+ discounts for these cruises. I didn't get an OBC because I wasn't on a ship.. and it wasn't a cruise of 5 nights or longer. Also note that the OBC for decide later bookings is based on the length of the cruise rather than the stateroom booked and length of cruise... thus more of the SPECIAL in this SPECIAL.... This is just a SPECIAL and it may be retired at the discretion of the cruise line at any time... so don't complain if it changes or is no longer offered!!

I strongly suggest, that prior to posting a thread that has such a LOUD and inflammatory remark as you have here... that you get your facts straight... with either a phone call to RCI or your TA. It took me reading the page... a phone call to verify... and about 15 minutes to get this information!!

:confused: I have no idea what you are posting about?

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/onboardBookingBonus.do

We are talking about the member area.

Everyone... Calm Down...

The On Board Booking Bonus on the web site is a Special Offer... and good for cruises LONGER than 4 nights. It does not negate the balcony discount offered for 3 or 4 night cruises for C&A members... BUT rather promotes the ability to combine discounts with the OBC for the stated cruise lengths. SO... for example... Book a 6 night or longer and you get an OBC and discount (based on your C&A status). THIS PROMOTES only the combination of the OBC for booking on board and the C&A discount. IT DOES NOT NEGATE the discounts offered to C&A who book on line or through an agent. Member benefit of a discount for Balcony or higher on 3 & 4 night cruises are still in effect... and I booked 2 short cruises on March 16th and received the D+ discounts for these cruises. I didn't get an OBC because I wasn't on a ship.. and it wasn't a cruise of 5 nights or longer. Also note that the OBC for decide later bookings is based on the length of the cruise rather than the stateroom booked and length of cruise... thus more of the SPECIAL in this SPECIAL.... This is just a SPECIAL and it may be retired at the discretion of the cruise line at any time... so don't complain if it changes or is no longer offered!!

I strongly suggest, that prior to posting a thread that has such a LOUD and inflammatory remark as you have here... that you get your facts straight... with either a phone call to RCI or your TA. It took me reading the page... a phone call to verify... and about 15 minutes to get this information!!

The new balcony discounts, according to the fine print, CAN NOT be combined with any OBC on board. Please go and re-read my post #45 and explain that to us.

And, many calls were made to C&A today with a different answer given each time. Are you sure that the answer you received is the correct one?:D

We are actually discussing what was quoted in post #50. I mean no disrepect, but I don't think you are on the same page as we are.

Edited by cruisenfever

Sorry... removed because I've decided I don't want to get sucked into this non-issue...

You should have read the entire thread, particularly Post 8, to get your facts straight before chastising OP

You should have read the entire thread, particularly Post 8, to get your facts straight before chastising OP

Ok... you are right, if that is what you want to hear... but the OP did post "No More Balcony Discounts on Short Cruises" and this is WRONG... Get it WRONG... There are balcony discounts on Short Cruises.

Ok... you are right, if that is what you want to hear... but the OP did post "No More Balcony Discounts on Short Cruises" and this is WRONG... Get it WRONG... There are balcony discounts on Short Cruises.

I hope that yelling makes you feel better :rolleyes:

Having a bad day are we? Did you check the member page? It may not have started by this specific date but it is on their website.

All we are asking is for some website confirmation for what you are posting?

LindaO-holy cow!!!

when I sign in to the website and it shows my benefits, the short cruises no longer give me a balcony discount.

please don't yell-I'm just going off what the website tells me at this moment and I do not seem to be the only one.

Here's what it shows for Emerald members when I login to my account:

emerald_balcony.jpg

The previous 6+ month Balcony and Suite discounts for Emerald were:

$ 75 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225 for sailings of 10+ nights

there is no way thats correct. unless royal has decided to give everyone the same discount which is completely unfair.

LindaO-holy cow!!!

when I sign in to the website and it shows my benefits, the short cruises no longer give me a balcony discount.

please don't yell-I'm just going off what the website tells me at this moment and I do not seem to be the only one.

Same here. No balcony discounts for 3-5 night cruises on our C&A Tier page either.

there is no way thats correct. unless royal has decided to give everyone the same discount which is completely unfair.

Why is it unfair if everyone gets the same discount? If you get the same what does it matter what someone else gets it as well?

Tom

Why is it unfair if everyone gets the same discount? If you get the same what does it matter what someone else gets it as well?

Tom

why should someone who's been loyal to royal for many years (Diamond plus member lets say for example) get the same discount and benefits as someone who's only cruise with royal once (lets say gold member). please explain your logic to me because I would love to hear that.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

I look at it more like "there's no way Royal Caribbean is going to give more discounts than they already giving. Period".

I don't think they care about loyalty nearly as much as cost cutting :p

I look at it more like "there's no way Royal Caribbean is going to give more discounts than they already giving. Period".

I don't think they care about loyalty nearly as much as cost cutting :p

i agree with you. But why give more benefits to the lower tiers?

today, my co-worker (who is platinum) showed me her C&A page and it had all the same discounts that I do. how can that be????

I just got off Cruisingpower after checking quotes for 3 & 4 night cruises on Enchantment and 4 & 5 night cruises on Brilliance and C & A balcony discounts were showing for all 4 cruises I checked.

Called C & A as well and nothing has changed on their end either.

I really hope you are right b/c when I log into my account it is showing I only get $250 instead of $350 balcony discount on a 7 night cruise which makes no sense!! Wish they would get this all fixed and let us know what is really going on

Looking at it wrong, sorry, yes it has always been $250

Edited by karena1