cafe promenade sandwiches

Are the sandwiches at Cafe Promenade all pre-made or do they make them as you order? Do the sandwiches already have dressings on them or can you get them made simply with just meat and cheese?

We are used to the the deli on Carnival, where you can order what you want and they make it in front of you as you like - any comparison to Carnival would be helpful as well.

Any photos of menus or of the cases of food in the cafe promenade would also be appreciated.

As others have noted - the sandwiches and pizzas are pre-made which saves a ton of time since the line can get very long. BUT - I have asked if they could make a sandwich and a special pizza for me. It was not busy at the time, and I had to wait a few minutes.

I don't remember ever seeing a lot of dressing on any of the sandwiches over the years. Hopefully if you r willing to wait you will be able to get what you are looking for.

OP what ship will you be on? Cafe Promenade is more of a late night snack, or in btwn meal snack place. Sandwiches are premade there and also pizza. However if you are going on an Oasis class ship, they have Sorrentos pizza that will make your pizza to order, as well as other places that you can get sandwiches to order.

OP what ship will you be on? Cafe Promenade is more of a late night snack, or in btwn meal snack place. Sandwiches are premade there and also pizza. However if you are going on an Oasis class ship, they have Sorrentos pizza that will make your pizza to order, as well as other places that you can get sandwiches to order.

I'll be in the Independence of the Seas in a couple of weeks.

They are more like finger sandwiches, and are light and not overfilled or overfilling. I wouldn't call them skimpy, at all. They are something to hold you over between lunch and dinner or late night snack. It's definitely a Café and not a Deli.

Also, I have never, ever gotten one with mayo or mustard on them. They make them up "dry"...and, you put the condiments on yourself. Dressings/condiments are right there in containers when you get your sandwich/sandwiches. (mustard, mayo, relish, etc.)

Cheers!:)

We thought the sandwiches were a joke. They were on a large roll with a very small, about 3" x 3" paper thin piece of meat on them. After one time we never went back. The other problem was no drinks, such as ice tea, lemonade, etc., available. The only thing was water at the pizza place or coffee. This was on the Freedom of the Seas. We were looking more for something like the deli on Carnival.

Our daughter gets the mini croissant sandwiches every night for a snack whether she is hungry or not!! Silly tradition, but a nice way to wind down an evening, chilling on a couch snacking. They have ham, lettuce and tomato. No mayo!! And, if they have the fresh made granola bars they are very tasty with a decaf or glass of wine!!

We thought the sandwiches were a joke. They were on a large roll with a very small, about 3" x 3" paper thin piece of meat on them. After one time we never went back. The other problem was no drinks, such as ice tea, lemonade, etc., available. The only thing was water at the pizza place or coffee. This was on the Freedom of the Seas. We were looking more for something like the deli on Carnival.

They are meant as a snack, they never claimed to be a deli. Feel free to continue to sail with Carnival

My favorite is the Shrimp Salad sandwich...they are usually only available one day of each cruise..... Will be having them in about two weeks......can't wait

My favorite, too! If we're actually hungry, and not just snacking, we'll get multiple sandwiches and combine the filling into one to make it heartier.

My favorite is the Shrimp Salad sandwich...they are usually only available one day of each cruise..... Will be having them in about two weeks......can't wait

Oh, those are my FAVORITE! Yummy yummy yummy!

We like to have lunch at Cafe Promenade. Get a couple of the sammiches, some cookies and some fresh fruit and take it back to our balcony (after grabbing a drink of the day). Sheer bliss...

Are the sandwiches at Cafe Promenade all pre-made or do they make them as you order? Do the sandwiches already have dressings on them or can you get them made simply with just meat and cheese?

We are used to the the deli on Carnival, where you can order what you want and they make it in front of you as you like - any comparison to Carnival would be helpful as well.

Any photos of menus or of the cases of food in the cafe promenade would also be appreciated.

Here are a few pictures I found online of Cafe Promenade.

785775257_CafePromenadesandwiches.jpg.eab1af149ed19bfa3ba09a7d8c5d99c6.jpg

1100601649_CafePromenadesweets.jpg.5564b4c1f4a129d17e1deb1973c59652.jpg