Where's my biscuits and gravy?

Mizzouaholic

What does being Platinum have to do with biscuits and gravy ?

I think it was just meant to express that they had been on a lot of cruises so would have maybe more experience than someone who has only been on 1 or 2 ships.

Like I said, I've only seen B&G on the Sunshine and it is only 1 of 17 Carnival ships that I've sailed on.

Mmmm. Grits. A little butter, a little salt. Along with biscuits and gravy, some eggs, bacon and home fries. And if you've still got room, a stack of hotcakes. Now we're talking serious breakfast food!

Thanks for that! I just started me diet. :mad:

Princess does

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Was on the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS last year. Maybe it was the chef on board, but, the biscuits and gravy were horrible. They were the size of a golf ball and were just as hard...and they paired them some goofy stuff: one day it was gravy, the next day it was nacho cheese (?), one day it was chipped beef, and one day it was....wait fot it....biscuits and beans.

I also throw my vote in the hat that Carnival make it available on all ships......as long as it's better than on the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS.

Thanks for that! I just started me diet. :mad:

I think it's a Federal law that EVERY diet has a "free" day once every thirty days when you can eat anything and everything you want. Or is that thirty minutes once a day? I forget. :rolleyes:

I thought they had that every other day and on the days they didn't have it, they had those nasty grits?! Maybe I'm thinking of RCCL.

Nasty Grits?? How dare you thats a curse word around here lol talking bad about grits LOL

I take it your a yankee? LOL. Go eat your LOX now thats yuck :p

Thanks, you guys. NOW I have a craving for biscuits and gravy and a) Carl's Jr(Hardee's) is not serving breakfast at this hour b) I don't have a good recipe for sausage gravy and c) I'm diabetic, so I shouldn't have them anyway, but can normally get away with ONE, and ONE ONLY.. :eek:

Hardees biscuits and gravy are freaking amazing LOL

Sorry, but where we from, biscuits and gravy, is not a staple. And we're from South Louisiana by way of Connecticut.

That is OK. No one is perfect! :D

Biscuits and Gravy are one of the fundamental staples of life! :eek:

as a new yorker, what is so special about biscuits and gravy?
Nasty Grits?? How dare you thats a curse word around here lol talking bad about grits LOL

I take it your a yankee? LOL. Go eat your LOX now thats yuck :p

Another North vs. South argument, huh? Let's be civil and not start a war over simple breakfast foods :rolleyes:. Each region has its own foods due to adapting to the local terrain and climate over the years, not because one food is better than another. Inland rivers in Alabama don't have salmon swimming in them any more than New York has the climate for raising hogs (not the chair kind :D).

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

Another North vs. South argument, huh? Let's be civil, and not start a war over simple breakfast foods :rolleyes:. Each region has its own foods due to adapting to the local terrain and climate over the years, not because one food is better than another.

Why the dry sense of humor I was simply being playful and joking my god

I have only seen them one time on either the Glory or the Valor and trust this ole Georgia boy.. they were gross. .the biscuits were about the size of a silver dollar and hard as a rock, and the gravy was not very good either,

I have never seen it again.. well I have never actually LOOKED for it again...

Sorry, but where we from, biscuits and gravy, is not a staple. And we're from South Louisiana by way of Connecticut.

Louisiana dont count lol yalls palate / Food staple is way different than other southern states lol although I must say I love yalls food creole mmmmmm. My buddy lives there and I visited him for the week and I ate stuff i never dreamed i'd eat squirrel etc....

Another North vs. South argument, huh? Let's be civil and not start a war over simple breakfast foods :rolleyes:. Each region has its own foods due to adapting to the local terrain and climate over the years, not because one food is better than another. Inland rivers in Alabama don't have salmon swimming in them any more than New York has the climate for raising hogs (not the chair kind :D).

We don't have salmon here in NYC, either. ;-)

But, this NYer will take biscuits and gravy over lox any day...and I'll take it with a sweet tea. I was born in the wrong place.

What is biscuits and gravy?

Is it like sausage gravy and savoury flour cakey things? (thats what I tried to understand it as anyway)

Carnival serve all sorts of crazy bits for breakfast anyway:

Scotch eggs ( british picnic /teatime snack food)

Quiche (French teatime food)

beef benedict (just odd twist on a favourite )

They should serve baked beans on all cruises...not just European ones!

Edited by Velvetwater

What is biscuits and gravy?

Is it like sausage gravy and savoury flour cakey things? (thats what I tried to understand it as anyway)

That's pretty close. It should be very light and flakey, not cakey. Kinda sorta like a Scone, but not exactly.

Very common in southern US.

That's pretty close. It should be very light and flakey, not cakey. Kinda sorta like a Scone, but not exactly.

Very common in southern US.

And the "light and flakey" part is what can quickly become "hard and cakey" if it is under the heat of a buffet. Also, unless the gravy is frequently replaced, it also can become a gummy mess. I think it would be a hard item to keep fresh on the buffet. And if not fresh, not worth eating.

Biscuits and Gravy are very common here in Missouri. (Northern MO...not only a south thing) ~~Hello my fellow Mizzou fan. :)

I have a dear friend who lived her for a few years then moved back to New Jersey. When we were visiting her and went out for breakfast, she told us no one there would have biscuits & gravy. :rolleyes:

It is a breakfast staple here like eggs & bacon or pancakes. I prefer bacon gravy though & make it quite often. Made chicken gravy yesterday with lunch. If it's made right, white gravies are delicious !