Think this one through, Azamara

holomuku

Not to worry, Azamara is not changing who it is. We know what side our bread's buttered on, if you get my gist! ;)

The 3rd & 4th promotion was not intended to reach out to families with young children. It was targeted towards adults who sometimes bring their ADULT children, or adult friends, traveling with them, and also to singles who may travel together, such as 3 best friends, or perhaps three generations of women sailing together, eg. grandmother, mother, and adult-age daughter.

The company was simply trying out a marketing program to reach these guests.

Even the wardrobe was smaller than any ship I've been on, including river cruises.:)

I, for one, am getting tired of this constant carping over the same old trivial items. Azamara's staterooms are very comfortable. They are attractively decorated and well-maintained. I've never seen any "dust" in about 100 nights on Quest and Journey, and if I did I'd mention it to someone right away, not wait until I got home to start an inflammatory thread on the internet.

I suppose to some people whether the stateroom is 171 sf rather than 220 sf is important, but it isn't to me and, I suspect, many others here. It is low on the scale of my priorities in choosing a cruise line. Also, the truth is I have not had more storage space on any ship--other than in suites--than in an Azamara veranda stateroom.

I am not affected in the least if my stateroom attendant forgets to put his or her card with phone number in the slot on the stateroom wall. I see him or her often enough throughout the day to ask for something I might need. And if I did want his or her number, I'd ask for it, not complain later on the internet.

If my bed is short-sheeted (as it was our first night on Journey this past February) it takes 30 seconds to fix it and a quick word the next morning with the steward to mention it to him or her. In my wildest dreams I wouldn't dream of using the internet to complain about it publicly.

Lastly, I do not view the captain and hotel director of a classy cruise ship as "help," and I find it condescending, demeaning, and offensive to refer to them as such. I think it's absurd to say the captain should stay on the bridge to steer the ship when he correctly wants to interact with passengers as much as possible to get a sense of how passengers are feeling about their cruise. That's what the ultimately responsible executive should do.

End of rant. I just had to get it off my chest.

Edited by marinaro44

Not to worry, Azamara is not changing who it is. We know what side our bread's buttered on, if you get my gist! ;)

The 3rd & 4th promotion was not intended to reach out to families with young children. It was targeted towards adults who sometimes bring their ADULT children, or adult friends, traveling with them, and also to singles who may travel together, such as 3 best friends, or perhaps three generations of women sailing together, eg. grandmother, mother, and adult-age daughter.

My thoughts exactly, no idea why it was imagined that Azamara would target children;). I expect, given the aims to expand, that Azamara wants to target the 20 -50 age range to produce a future client base. This promotion would give a taster to those who perhaps are not currently financially able to cruise 5 star, but will be in the future. Four friends, who love travel in the 20/30/40 somethings. still single, or recently single and want to be pampered. Perfect, spread the cost 4 ways and they are hardly ever in the cabin anyway.

Their parents who do Azamara already let them know, future proofing!

I let my 27 year old know and we tried to work on dates for her and 3 friends. Not enough useful dates on the offer this time.

She did a bit of reading around and figured the spa showers solved the only real problem. All I could think was Lord help the poor cabin steward:eek:

Yvonne

I am in my mid forties and cruised with my folks on Celebrity last summer in an inside cabin. We were doing a family cruise with 9 people so there was an odd man out.

It was a great way to save some money as the single supplement was not affordable for me.

We would absolutely do it again on Azamara and yes, showering/prepping for dinner in the spa area is a must.

Now, to find a date where we are all available! That's a whole 'nother problem!

My goodness me - share my cabin! This is my space for quality time with my wife. ;)

If I could find dates that worked for all of us, I would love to take a cruise with my Mom and daughter. The offer of a third person free in the cabin compensates for the congestion of an extra person. For a "free cruise" , we could make it work.:)

• 4 months later...
Okay- this new "third and fourth passengers sail free" is enough to make us not book Azamara on their August 8th departure which we had been planning on. Third and Fourth passengers free, middle of summer translates to CHILDREN. The reason we've sailed Azamara is because it is usually almost child free. As someone pointed out, this seems to be RCCL marketing.

We're returning to Windstar which we also like. I'll be darned if I'll spend the kind of money Azamara wants for a sailing to have kids running around. Anyone else remember the "kids fly free" promotion on the airlines many years ago? I had a flight attendant friend who said it was the biggest nightmare of all time. Perhaps I'll be shown wrong, however we're not willing to take that chance.

What are you thinking, Azamara?

We leave for this cruise in an hour. I plan to find out how many families took advantage of this promotion to bring kids, and post the answer here, as I promised back in March.

We leave for this cruise in an hour. I plan to find out how many families took advantage of this promotion to bring kids, and post the answer here, as I promised back in March.

I hope your experience matches ours.

Whilst there were noticeably more children aboard, it was perhaps only 10 families or so.

And kudos to their parents, because we. at least, thought they were very well behaved indeed. The youngsters lived up to the old adage "seen, but not heard". They also made good use of the hot tubs/pool, both of which usually see limited activity.

We rather enjoyed their presence; added another dimension to the experience.

We look forward to your updates Tgg. Have a wonderful cruise !

Direct from Ryszard, the Hotel Director, I have the answer to how many kids are onboard the Journey for the August 8 cruise. (Note: the ship is sold out.)

There are 7 kids under 13 and 10 teens between 13 and 18. They have all been seen and not heard. If anything changes, I'll let you know.;)

Thanks, Andy, for your good wishes. We're happy to be back on Journey.