Freedom News Finally??

winddawn

Why do they feel the need to make every ship have the same attractions? If each ship had different venues and attractions, I would think it would give folks more of an incentive to try each ship for a new experience.

I agree I think each ship should kind of have it's own theme and different attractions. I'm sure it's a huge money saver doing a cookie cutter type of upgrade though.

With part 2 coming to post soon I'm thinking Galveston is in play. They wouldn't have waited to post this if something larger wasn't coming. Could be wrong but we will know shortly.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And to think Carnival's entertainment used to be so special.

Most people do not like playlist and it keeps marching on to new ships.

Hasbro is nice for 10 year olds, dont see it as an evenings entertainment for adults.

Not what I see as an improvement in entertainment.

Why do they feel the need to make every ship have the same attractions? If each ship had different venues and attractions, I would think it would give folks more of an incentive to try each ship for a new experience.

I agree also. Another ship with playlist productions! Ugh. I'd rather see "Ticket to Ride" for the 5th time on a ship than Divas or Brits again! Seems CCL is trying to become even more family/kid friendly than ever, with the Suess stuff on board. Serenity deck, here I come!!

What did people expect? Kids being shot out of cannons? Shark cage diving over the side? Federick's of Hollywood-sponsored jello fights? Come on...

Any of the expected out-of-the-ordinary changes are things that have been schemed up here on CC, not by John Heald or Carnival. And now that it's confirmed that the changes are to bring the ship up to par with some of the other ships in the fleet, people are disappointed. Sorry folks, but you've set yourself up for this.

John Heald has been beaten to a pulp over the FREEDOM's dry dock, and now that the announcement has been made, he – and Carnival – are STILL being raked over the carpet.

It's not their fault that people made a mountain out of a molehill.

What did people expect? Kids being shot out of cannons? Shark cage diving over the side? Federick's of Hollywood-sponsored jello fights? Come on...

Any of the expected out-of-the-ordinary changes are things that have been schemed up here on CC, not by John Heald or Carnival. And now that it's confirmed that the changes are to bring the ship up to par with some of the other ships in the fleet, people are disappointed. Sorry folks, but you've set yourself up for this.

John Heald has been beaten to a pulp over the FREEDOM's dry dock, and now that the announcement has been made, he – and Carnival – are STILL being raked over the carpet.

Like^ There sure are some grumpy whiny poeple in here that you just can't make happy.

And to think Carnival's entertainment used to be so special.

Most people do not like playlist and it keeps marching on to new ships.

Hasbro is nice for 10 year olds, dont see it as an evenings entertainment for adults.

Not what I see as an improvement in entertainment.

Stu,

This is whats wrong with Carnival. After all the negative comments about playlist they continue to roll it out and call it building on their reputation of quality entertainment.

They either aren't listening or don't care as long as its cheap.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

We heard from the dock workers in Galveston that a 3rd Carnival ship was rumoured to be

placed in Galveston, then on our Triumph cruise in February at the past cruisers get together,

they announced Freedom will be coming to Galveston for a total of three ships.

Royal will also be replacing Navigator with a larger ship next spring. The Port Authority is

working on building a third terminal as Princess also wants to come back to Galveston.

Edited by jst

We heard from the dock workers in Galveston that a 3rd Carnival ship was rumoured to be

placed in Galveston, then on our Triumph cruise in February at the past cruisers get together,

they announced Freedom will be coming to Galveston for a total of three ships.

Royal will also be replacing Navigator with a larger ship next spring. The Port Authority is

working on building a third terminal as Princess also wants to come back to Galveston.

That's looking less likely, now.

I'm truly delighted with the planned upgrades. It's more or less what I'd been told on our Splendor cruise in January. I'm especially happy about the Blue Iguana and Red Frog additions and the Alchemy bar. I loved the Breeze and it's good to see that the Freedom is getting a lot of the good points from the Breeze along with some new things.

We booked our b2b on the basis of these planned upgrades! So glad it got them!

:beer::o:):D:beer::):o

I am even more excited for my upcoming cruise on Freedom. I loved the Blue Iguana Catina for breakfast burritos in the mornings on Liberty. Glad to be able to have that option

I love the upgrades!

Kathy

Like^ There sure are some grumpy whiny poeple in here that you just can't make happy.

I don't think anyone is unhappy. It's just that a lot of us have come to expect the on again, off again announcements from Carnival. The delays, the drama and the ultimate yawn when they finally make an underwhelming announcement. It's become predictable and somewhat comical. Poor JH gets thrown under the bus every time, as he is the face of Carnival. I kinda feel sorry for him, because it's not his fault, but you know it's going to happen almost every time.

Why do you say that?:confused:

JH still has more to come on the Freedom.

Because to me, a change of homeport would be even bigger news than the drydock upgrades, and it would certainly impact a lot more people who already have cruises booked. I would think that that would be the headlining, breaking news over the 2.0 upgrades. Now he's just trickling out tidbits about shows and such. He does still have to announce BC8, and that may be what will be the next big news about Freedom.

Amen, these are the people who make me change my table or not show back up at the dinning room. Complain, complain, complain. Not my style. Personally, I am pleased with the announcement. I think 2.0 adds to the experience in a positive way. Love the Red Pub and Blue Iguana!!!!

I personally am very excited about the upgrades, including Dr. Seuss, Hasbro and the four new Playlist shows. I am looking forward to sailing on the Freedom for a third time in 2015:)

More Playlist and Hasbro? Another ship to cross off the list of ships to choose from.

John just replied to a post that the Freedom will get the upgraded pool deck just like the liberty! I'm so happy because the Pool decks looks very outdated.

What does upgraded pool deck look like? Waterworks????

Thanks,

Tammi