dynamic dining on the quantum

there is already a video on rc main website about the new dining plan for the quantum. they seem to be taking a page from Disney with a new dining experience every night and although they didn't say so they said formal night could be every night suggesting no formal night at least is my read . some thing weird about a british guy developing a Italian restaurant theme LOL:eek:

Perfect. I love the idea of NO formal night but, with the choice to go to one of the restaurants in formal attire every night for those wanting that experience (not me!).

Excellent concept and I can't wait to check it out. Would love to see variations of this rolled out to all ships. But with the big, three level MDR already in place it will be tricky.

I'm confused by a restaurant only for suite guests, what is that about?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

cunard makes class distinctions and ncl has private dining for suites

Edited by Host Star

cunard makes class distinctions and ncl has private dining for suites

Celebrity also has private restaurants for certain suite classes, so it's something the company is familiar with.

Edited by Host Star

At this point I think only RCI and Carnival did not have a dedicated Suite-level restaurant.

Cunard Does

HAL Does

NCL Does

MSC Does

Princess Does

Celebrity Does

Disney (Not 100% sure) at least offers upcharge dining that is kid free

there is already a video on rc main website about the new dining plan for the quantum. they seem to be taking a page from Disney with a new dining experience every night and although they didn't say so they said formal night could be every night suggesting no formal night at least is my read . some thing weird about a british guy developing a Italian restaurant theme LOL:eek:

there is nothing weird about Jamie Oliver and his Italian restaurant believe me.

This young guy is a legend in his own lifetime and hope I get to meet him sometime on the Quantum

Oh by the way he also developed a Burger bar.

there is nothing weird about Jamie Oliver and his Italian restaurant believe me.

This young guy is a legend in his own lifetime and hope I get to meet him sometime on the Quantum

Oh by the way he also developed a Burger bar.

thanks for the response my only knowledge of him was when he was on a made for tv series about revamping school lunches in west Virginia . I forget the name of the show.

At this point I think only RCI and Carnival did not have a dedicated Suite-level restaurant.

Cunard Does

HAL Does

NCL Does

MSC Does

Princess Does

Celebrity Does

Disney (Not 100% sure) at least offers upcharge dining that is kid free

What dedicated suite-level restaurant does HAL have?

thanks for the response my only knowledge of him was when he was on a made for tv series about revamping school lunches in west Virginia . I forget the name of the show.

I wish there were more people like Jamie, he started in his Parents pub helping with the cooking from the age of 8 went to catering school and has just gone from strength to stength.

He was first known as the Naked Chef, and by that he meant he stripped the food down not himself.

He now has a fantastic buisness empire to vast to list here but I love the fact he takes jobless /homeless/disadvantaged youngsters trains them up and a lot of them then make it into the catering industry.

I wish there were more people like Jamie, he started in his Parents pub helping with the cooking from the age of 8 went to catering school and has just gone from strength to stength.

He was first known as the Naked Chef, and by that he meant he stripped the food down not himself.

He now has a fantastic buisness empire to vast to list here but I love the fact he takes jobless /homeless/disadvantaged youngsters trains them up and a lot of them then make it into the catering industry.

I couldn't agree more and it would actually encourage me to try Quantum out :)

noticeable from a quick glance from the complimentary restaurants are rack of lamb, prime rib and lobster nite... or did I miss that somewhere?... these are the nites I have dined in the MDR... the rest I have eaten at giovannis, or chops..or portofinos

Edited by Host Star

Decent idea and I am sure this will follow across the fleet.

But Jamie Oliver - No No No. He is full of hot air, a guy who would be spinning burgers if it wasn't for the UK's fascination with cheap to make TV.

My Bichon Frise reckons his food stands the test against Pedigree Chum though.

Jamie is like Marmite, you either Love Him or Hate Him.

I have eaten in many of his restaurants, and whilst he can be an annoying **** at times, his food is good and he does alot of good work in the community his 15 Concept is brilliant.

Personally I do not need any Celebrity Chef, lets be honest Michael Schwartz is already associated with the 150 concept on Oasis and Allure, and we all know it is not him in the kitchen, but his guidance of the product and food offering is evident. However the final served meal is down to the training and passion of man in front of the hot plate or Grill

I just need good food served Hot ( okay not the salads ), but I am excited by Dynamic Dining :D

@GMoney...I was wondering the same thing. We have sailed on HAL many times since 1995 and always stay in suites and have never seen a restaurant totally dedicated to suite guests. HAL does offer the Neptune Lounge only to suite guests, but it certainly cannot be classified as a restaurant. For those who aren't familiar with the Neptune Lounge, it has a concierge dedicated to suite guests, a continental breakfast, pre-made mini sandwiches, coffee/tea/lemonade, internet, newspapers and magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not going to get into the formal thing, that's being discussed with much vigor in another thread!

My other observation - I think this is a very strategic move for RCI, the primary reason for which is being not noticed, they hope. I believe there are 18 dining venues as a part of this program on Quantum. Only 4 of the 18 are no-upcharge venues, leaving the other 14 for cruisers to pay additional for (I'm including the suites-only venue in the "pay additional for list.) Those 14 include Cafe Promenade, which has been a free venue until this point.

I predicted a while ago that the rise of the "specialty restaurants" with ever-escalating upcharges was a subtle step 1 in the cruise lines move away from a "food all inclusive" model. Additionally, there is a growing list of "for a fee" entertainment options. "Dynamic dining" is a huge step 2 on this path. They're eliminating entirely the concept of the "main dining room" and moving to an "all specialty" model. So as to not rock the boat TOO much, 4 of those specialty restaurants will still be "free" with your cruise, but the large majority - including previously free venues - will require an upcharge.

I think in another 10 years, give or take - we'll see the time when the "cruise price" buys you nothing more than your cabin - just like a land-based hotel. All food, all entertainment will end up being additional cost above that. Personally, I don't like that direction at all.

noticeable from a quick glance from the complimentary restaurants are rack of lamb, prime rib and lobster nite... or did I miss that somewhere?... these are the nites I would dine in the MDR... the rest would be giovannis, or chops..or portofinos

No Giovannis or Portofino's on Quantum, only Chops.

I'm curious though when she said that one restaurant was for Suite guest only. She then said Junior Suites and above...........would that include Spa Junior Suites too or not........Reason I ask is because the Regular Junior Suites are alot more money then the Spa Junior Suites.

Just want to know if the Spa's are included or not.

My other observation - I think this is a very strategic move for RCI, the primary reason for which is being not noticed, they hope. I believe there are 18 dining venues as a part of this program on Quantum. Only 4 of the 18 are no-upcharge venues, leaving the other 14 for cruisers to pay additional for (I'm including the suites-only venue in the "pay additional for list.) Those 14 include Cafe Promenade, which has been a free venue until this point.

Where did you get the idea the Cafe Promenade is no longer free?

Or that only 4 of the 18 dining options are "no-upcharge venues"?

Your math is way off. In fact, 9.333 of the 18 dining options are no-fee on Quantum. That goes to 10.333 if you are in a Junior Suite or above.

No-fee table service dining:

The Grande

Silk

Chic

American Icon Grill

No-fee quick service dining:

Windjammer (including a new 24-hour grill)

Sorrentos

Cafe Promenade

Cafe Two70°

SeaPlex Dog House

Solarium Bistro (for breakfast)

No-fee if staying in a Junior Suite or better:

Coastal Kitchen

Edited by UCF_Knight