Teenagers in Jan?

Wardogcoach

Have booked Jan 12 on Triumph. Will have my 16 year old son with us. Schools will be back in session - wondering how many kids / teens will most likely be on cruise.

Have taken 4 previous cruises, but always in summer time.

We cruise every January and there are very few teens. Lots of toddlers and babies. Most teens aren't able to leave school, clubs, jobs or athletics at that time of year.

A cruise a year ago they told us there were about 80 under-18s on board, half of them being under the age of 4.

This past January they said there were just under 200 under-18s, the majority of which were under 12. I probably saw maybe a dozen 13-17 year-olds.

We almost always cruise that week after you as our school has a long weekend so we sail around that. My kids have always had plenty of new friends to hang with. The ship is not over run with kids but there have always been plenty around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We have always cruised off season with our kids and they have had a good time. My kids are only two years apart so they hung out with each other and didn't make an effort to make "friends". Last time we did a Jan cruise it was an 8 day to Aruba and was the best cruise to date. At the time our oldest was in her first year of hs and ended up falling way behind. As kids get older they have much more school work and not every child (my DD:mad:) is good about taking time out from the fun to get the school work done. One thing I did with help from my child's teachers was to photocopy their school books for the sections that needed to be done; I don't want to think how much those school books would have weighed.:eek:

We have cruised twice in Jan. and have always seen teens on board. There haven't been a huge number of them, but your teen shouldn't have a problem finding people his age in the teen clubs. There always seems to be plenty of teens and kids no matter what time of year!

We sailed in Nov and I was worried about the same thing for our teens, especially since one was Club O2 and the other in Circle C, however, there was plenty of teens, not as many as the summer, but the smaller group made for fast friends and our boys still talk to some of them from Nov 2012. And I did the same thing as you, posted and asked about how many teens in Nov. I was honestly pleasantly surprised!

We cruise every January and there are very few teens. Lots of toddlers and babies. Most teens aren't able to leave school, clubs, jobs or athletics at that time of year.

A cruise a year ago they told us there were about 80 under-18s on board, half of them being under the age of 4.

This past January they said there were just under 200 under-18s, the majority of which were under 12. I probably saw maybe a dozen 13-17 year-olds.

Same thing we have noticed.

We also cruise every January and generally speaking there is considerably less kids thanany of the other times we've cruised. This past January there were only 4 kids that signed up for Club 02 and 8 kids that signed up for Circle C. My nephew was very disappointed as he loves to join the clubs and meet new friends.

We always cruise in January with our kids. There are typically around 12-20 in my kids' age group (11-13 right now). What I have noticed, is that there will be more kids on shorter cruises than longer cruisers. We have also noticed that mid-January tends to be a winter break for Canadian children.

I have seen teens on ALL of my cruises. There are many more during summer months and Spring Break, but there are always some. On the most part, they have been well behaved and seemed to be enjoying themselves.:D