"LIVE" from Carnival Splendor -April 2, 2014

Radio

Karen, I hate to add to your memory loss worries, but the Triumph, Victory and Destiny (before she became the Sunshine) also have retractable roofs.

:eek:My birthday is in 9 days. I am going to have to recheck my birth certificate to see how old I am...I honestly DON'T remember a retractable roof on any ship we were on. I think the Island Princess had an indoor solarium. The only thing I can think is that every sailing had beautiful weather and they never had to use it! :cool:

Radio,

Great review, loved all your photos! One question, just double checking, did The Splendor have The Taste Bar instead of the Sushi Bar on the Promenade deck? I've heard that all the ships have The Taste Bar now. We sailed on The Splendor last year & always hated walking by the Sushi Bar every night since the smell of raw fish was so strong. Sailing on The Splendor again in June & would love it if The Taste Bar was there in its place.

Radio,

Great review, loved all your photos! One question, just double checking, did The Splendor have The Taste Bar instead of the Sushi Bar on the Promenade deck? I've heard that all the ships have The Taste Bar now. We sailed on The Splendor last year & always hated walking by the Sushi Bar every night since the smell of raw fish was so strong. Sailing on The Splendor again in June & would love it if The Taste Bar was there in its place.

Yes, the Taste Bar was where the old Sushi Bar was (Deck 5 Promenade)

It was only open on sea days for a few hours each evening. . .

Radio

;);)

:eek:My birthday is in 9 days. I am going to have to recheck my birth certificate to see how old I am...I honestly DON'T remember a retractable roof on any ship we were on. I think the Island Princess had an indoor solarium. The only thing I can think is that every sailing had beautiful weather and they never had to use it! :cool:

Splendor has a retracable roof. I remember one evening when we wanted to watch the movie the roof was up and we were in the Caribbean! We were told that it was too windy and they had compliants from the passengers about having to hold down drink napkins, food blowing around, etc.

If you have ever been on Royal Car. Explorer of the Seas, you would thank heaven for rectracable domes! If they had an event scheduled outside, unless it was pouring rain, it was still held. Short of a hurricane, events were held on deck even if it was very chilly out.

MARAPRINCE

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Loved your review. Is the splash park covered and is there a place to sit? Also does camp carnival use this spAce during day making closed to others ?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No, the Splash Park is not covered. . .I hardly saw anyone using this.

Radio

;);)

We were on the Splendor in Dec 2013 and sailing on her again to Canada in Sept 2014....we did not have the Cat in the Hat breakfast or activities back in Dec, we had the Sea Day Brunch (which was fabulous) are these Cat in the Hat activites new ? are they on every sailing ? will they be on our sailing Sept 27th ? I picked the 27th hoping that there would not be a lot of little kids as they would be in school but I would enjoy the Cat in the Hat, loved those stories as a child.