"LIVE" from Carnival Splendor -April 2, 2014

Radio

Here are a few more from Nassau . . .

Radio

I make it back to my home for 4 more nights. . .

E21.JPG

Norwegian Sky greets the passengers back on board with festivities !

E20.JPG

It looks like some lucky passengers may be getting a Bridge Tour . . .

E23.JPG

Norwegian Sky leaves by around 5PM

E24.JPG

The sun sets as we are getting ready to sail away to the next port . . . Freeport ,Bahamas.

E25.JPG

Carnival Splendor pulls away from the pier slowly. . .

E26.JPG

Edited by Radio

Well I am thoroughly enjoying your review, the pictures are wonderful. We are leaving in 10 days to spend our Easter cruise with our two grand daughters 13 & 10. This will be their first cruise and they are so excited. I also was surprised to see how empty the resort was. We really wanted to do something fun with them in Nassau but I'm so afraid because there will be 5 ships in port when we are there. Thought about the Melia but still not sure, I just don't want it to be so crowded that we're not enjoying ourselves. I know shouldn't be going at Easter time right!!

Well enjoy your cruise and really enjoying your review we have never been on the Splendor and are very excited.

Well I am thoroughly enjoying your review, the pictures are wonderful. We are leaving in 10 days to spend our Easter cruise with our two grand daughters 13 & 10. This will be their first cruise and they are so excited. I also was surprised to see how empty the resort was. We really wanted to do something fun with them in Nassau but I'm so afraid because there will be 5 ships in port when we are there. Thought about the Melia but still not sure, I just don't want it to be so crowded that we're not enjoying ourselves. I know shouldn't be going at Easter time right!!

Well enjoy your cruise and really enjoying your review we have never been on the Splendor and are very excited.

See you on board !!! Reading this and looking at the pix is not helping my already short attention span at work :)

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to DAY 6 of “LIVE” with Carnival Splendor. We arrived in Freeport this morning at around 6:30AM and were tied up by 7AM. I was surprised not to hear the Cruise Director start announcements at 7AM this morning as he usually does. . .

I tried again to connect via the Ships Wi-Fi, and the local Wi-Fi from vendors at Freeport. It didn’t work from the ship. My cabin attendant suggested that there is a lot of free Wi-Fi at the Pier. I got off of the ship by around 930AM and yes. . . I had very fast, and very free internet. Wow. . . I was feeling very frustrated about the whole internet connection thing. . . I was told that the ship knows there is a problem and I am hoping that it will be repaired this afternoon.

With us in port today is Carnival Sensation. I can see that the 2 ships that are in the nearby dry dock are Westerdam (HAL), and Adventure of the Seas (RCI). I was going to walk over there for some better pics, but I think it may be farther than it appears.

The weather today is very nice and warm (86F), and it would have been a perfect day to hit the beaches. . .My wireless connections issues won the battle. We sail today at 330 for lovely New York, but there will be 2 relaxing sea days first. I will try to make the best of them, and I still have a lot of rest to catch up on.

I have many more pics to post after I return home to a fast connection. Here are some pics from our arrival and this afternoon.

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Carnival Splendor backs into the pier slowly early this morning. . .

F1.JPG

I can see Westerdam and Adventure of the Seas at the Dry dock this morning.

F2.JPG

Just before I leave the ship, the crew is practicing life raft training. . .

F5.JPG

I make it ashore. . .

F7.JPG

This location should have a sign that reads “ Radio Pressroom”

F8.JPG

Seaman’s Sports Bar is very popular with the crew for internet access

F6.JPG

Edited by Radio

Sorry for the connection errors. . .All pics will show up soon. . .

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

Today turned out to be a beautiful day. . .

F9.JPG

There is a lot of seating for passengers here.

F11.JPG

There are many more vendor than are shown here.

F15.JPG

The food vendors are very busy today.

F14.JPG

It seems that a lot of passengers decided to stay in port today !

F10.JPG

It time to get back. . . we will be leaving soon.

F16.JPG

Enjoying your review. We are thinking about a cruise on the Splendor next year and I saw the picture of your balcony room. If possible could you get a picture of your balcony? No hurry, you can post it when you get home.

Thanks!

Hi Radio

Looks like you had a couple of beautiful days. Weather up north is starting to warm up a bit, 60"s tomorrow.

Can anyone do the travel tour at Sandals or was that a special arrangement?

Back about 10 yrs ago when I worked as a travel agent, I spent the day and got a tour of Our Lucaya Resort in Freeport. Beautiful resort.

I got to do the same at Atlantis.... those were good days, but no longer in travel biz. I miss those perks! :rolleyes:

I just received a text from Radio informing me that the internet capabilities on Splendor are experiencing difficulties and he is unable to post here, or on his other outlet. He has asked me to apologize for this faux pas and to let you know that he will post his pictures and wonderful (my word) commentaries as soon as possible.

He also asked me to thank you for your kind patience.

I just received a text from Radio informing me that the internet capabilities on Splendor are experiencing difficulties and he is unable to post here, or on his other outlet. He has asked me to apologize for this faux pas and to let you know that he will post his pictures and wonderful (my word) commentaries as soon as possible.

Thank you for letting us know.I will keep checking back and hoping Splendor gets things fixed.His review and pics have been great so far.

Laura

I know this upsets him more than anything.

And I suspect that Carnival, while no doubt wishing they could fix the problem, has not even remotely a clue as to how critical, and how many people are so very closely affected, by this particular problem, on this particular sailing.

Theron

I for one am happy to know now that there are internet problems and won't count on it for keeping in touch with my son in a few weeks.

Edited by Andoria

Well, I guess that's why he puts "LIVE" in quotations! ;)

Hey, a delayed Radio is better than no Radio, right!! :D

You got that right! Well, I guess it just gives him more time to enjoy his next to the last sea day! :)

RADIO UPDATE #*#*#*#*#* Radio, and crew, are about 70 miles from the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and plan to be in port and approaching the dock slowly, early tomorrow morning. He tells me, via text, that he can see things here on Cruise Critic and a certain social media site, he just can't post to them.

Thanks for following the broadcast, as chopped up as it was. He did promise a full report.

RADIO UPDATE #*#*#*#*#* Radio, and crew, are about 70 miles from the Verrazano Narrows Bridge and plan to be in port and approaching the dock slowly, early tomorrow morning. He tells me, via text, that he can see things here on Cruise Critic and a certain social media site, he just can't post to them.

Thanks for following the broadcast, as chopped up as it was. He did promise a full report.

Well I look foward to hearing once he gets back at least we got a text update! I really do enjoy radios live cruises but understand that things happen maybe the news been on for a really long time lol..:D

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2- Please excuse any errors.