"LIVE" from Carnival Splendor -April 2, 2014

Radio

Here are a few more. . . More pics tomorrow

Radio

The Exploration Tower in Port Canaveral reminds me of a Hotel in Dubai!

(hmmm . . . except it is much smaller, and it is not a Hotel)

DD21.JPG

You can see the port area very clearly. . .

DD12.JPG

Carnival Splendor

DD11.JPG

I make it back to CT-6 Passenger Terminal in time !

DD1.JPG

I love the way there are over 60 Check in terminals inside the NEW Terminal 6

DD16.JPG

The gangway should be up until about 545PM . . . but somehow I think there may be some passengers late. . .

DD17.JPG

Edited by Radio

Sounds like you had a great day! When we were in PC in Feb. we didn't even get off the ship. I noticed the Exploration Tower as we were cruising out. I came home and googled it; didn't know what it was but I knew it wasn't there the last time we were! :confused: I really wish we had gotten off the ship and gone to it, and even more now that you reported on it. :( Thanks for checking in and have a nice afternoon and night! :)

Love the reports! Keep em coming. My family and I are on the 4/18 sailing of the Splendor and you are just getting me happier and happier. Can't wait. I agree with you about the Ron Jon Resort. I have family in the Port Canaveral area so usually we sail out of there and visit a few days. Stayed there on our last visit and would go back in a heartbeat. Really nice place to stay a few days.

Keep the updates coming and have a fantastic trip.

Where is the observation tower. Is it within walking distance of the port?

It is only in walking distance if your ship is at the Southside Passenger Terminal(2) (CT-1 or CT-3) CT-1 will open Nov 2014.

Radio

;);)

Hello Radio!!

I have followed quite a few Live Radio reviews over the years... great to see you again.

Our most recent cruise was the Splendor as well... thanks for bringing back some memories!!

Looking forward to your future days!

Catrin

Radio, and all future Splendor cruisers: if you like ice cream with chocolate sauce...the port side of the lunch dessert area (Sweet Spot) has chocolate sauce. I get a salad bowl, put some soft serve ice cream in it, grab a cone...go to the dessert buffet and drizzle with choco sauce, then crumble up the cone on top. DELISH! :D

Hello everyone . . . Good morning and Welcome to DAY 5 of “LIVE” from Carnival Splendor. We have just docked in Nassau at about 10:30AM. CD Eric just cleared the ship for all passengers going ashore. Today in Nassau we are sharing the docks with Majesty of the Seas, Norwegian Sky, and the mighty Oasis of the Seas.

We approached the pier slowly while backing up and are tied on dock with Norwegian Sky. The weather is beautiful and the skies are very blue. (78F) The forecast for today is more of the same with a little warmer temps (84F).

Today my plans are to swim, rest, and enjoy the breezes at a very calm beach in Nassau. I am sure I may be able to find a nice Café Americano that will be served from a friendly barista. I sometime rent a scooter while here, but today I may just walk or maybe catch a cab.

Carnival Splendor is scheduled to leave at 8PM, so I am sure there may be lots of pics upon my return later today. It appears that the server is down for my pics, so I will have to post arrival pics later (I hope)

Thanks for tuning in

Radio

;);)

Just got a message that Radio is experiencing issues with his server and will try to get back on line ASAP.

He thanks you for tuning in and your patience.

:(:(:(:(:(:( Hurry back Radio! MedicKen, thanks for the heads up!

Just got a message that Radio is experiencing issues with his server and will try to get back on line ASAP.

I wondered if there was a problem, he is usually more punctual with his posts. I was thinking that there may have been internet issues on the ship. We were on 3 weeks ago and experienced several days without internet.

I'm having cruise withdrawal and waiting patiently for a live "Radio" post:)

Hello everyone. . . I am back on line. . . . It turns out that the connection on board went bad. . . I could connect, but there was no bandwidth. So I am in Freeport today and I will try to catch up with pics from yesterday (Pulling in to Nassau, Day at Nassau, and Today at Freeport.) I am not sure if the On board system will be repaired. . . I hope so.

SUNDAY- April 6, 2014

Hello everyone . . . Good morning and Welcome to DAY 5 of “LIVE” from Carnival Splendor. We have just docked in Nassau at about 10:30AM. CD Eric just cleared the ship for all passengers going ashore. Today in Nassau we are sharing the docks with Majesty of the Seas, Norwegian Sky, and the mighty Oasis of the Seas.

We approached the pier slowly while backing up and are tied on dock with Norwegian Sky. The weather is beautiful and the skies are very blue. (78F) The forecast for today is more of the same with a little warmer temps (84F).

Today my plans are to swim, rest, and enjoy the breezes at a very calm beach in Nassau. I am sure I may be able to find a nice Café Americano that will be served from a friendly barista. I sometime rent a scooter while here, but today I may just walk or maybe catch a cab.

Carnival Splendor is scheduled to leave at 8PM, so I am sure there may be lots of pics upon my return later today. Here are a few pics from our arrival.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Carnival Splendor pulls by the iconic lighthouse near the docks

E1.JPG

I can see the 3 ships that we will be sharing the Nassau with

E2.JPG

After turning around, we are ready to back into the docks

E3.JPG

The British Colonial Hilton can be seen easily from the ship. . .

E4.JPG

Carnival Splendor approaches the pier slowly

E5.JPG

We are almost tied up and ready to go ashore. . .

E6.JPG

April 6 PM

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to DAY 6 of “LIVE” with Carnival Splendor. I had a great day today and the weather was perfect. The sun was very strong, and there were light winds with very warm temps (84F). I got off of the ship at about 12Noon, and walked over to the taxi stand for a short ride up to Sandals. I spent the whole day up there and was very pleased. The beaches were wonderful, and the pools were beautiful. I was there for a Travel Partner tour. The tour didn’t last very long, and then I was free to enjoy the property on my own. I Have known about the tour for awhile, but I wasn’t sure if would spend the day there or maybe hang out around the ship, or at least stay close. I am glad I went though as I haven’t been to Sandals in several years and I was happy with the upgrades that were made to the rooms and dining.

I made it back to the ship by around 5, and I was still very upset that my internet connection was still down . . . Let me tell you that that is something that really irritates me. I don’t need much to be happy on a cruise. . .But I really would like to have some fresh coffee and a good internet connection.

Oasis of the Seas left by 2PM on her way to St. Thomas USVI, and Majesty of the Seas left at 5PM, followed by Norwegian Sky. Carnival Splendor left promptly at 8PM.

I tried again to post late last night and early this morning, but no luck. . . .

Thanks for the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in!

Radio

The cab ride to Sandals was short, but the scenery was amazing. . .

E7.JPG

Sandals Grand Bahamian

E8.JPG

The pools were wonderful . . . (a little cold though)

E9.JPG

I had lounges and shade while I was enjoying the beach. . .

E11.JPG

The beaches here are so very clean and inviting.

E12.JPG

I love the swim up pool at the Concierge rooms on the Sandals Windsor wing.

E19.JPG