30+ people sick on Princess just in SF

Flatbush Flyer

It may have hurt rather than helped.

Hand washing is the suggested method. It does not kill the virus, but washes it down the drain.

The hand sanitizer also does not kill the virus, but the rubbing of hands can send any existing virus particles into the air for others to inhale.

Exactly. I don't think she knew the difference between bacteria and a virus. She gave me grief too, but I told her that I had just washed my hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before I left the cabin. Then she said, oh but you touched the elevator buttons to which I replied no I didn't because it was already pushed. Btw, I use my knuckles for the elevator buttons and never use my actual fingers.

It may have hurt rather than helped.

Hand washing is the suggested method. It does not kill the virus, but washes it down the drain.

The hand sanitizer also does not kill the virus, but the rubbing of hands can send any existing virus particles into the air for others to inhale.

It's not airborne except in the case of vomiting. This is rather graphic but when someone vomits, small pieces are aerosolized and others can breathe them in. This is why it's such a big deal when someone vomits in a public area.

Lets hope so:), what have you heard to confirm that?

Well something is up in San Pedro today,another round of delayed boarding for star and Crown. Naturally no information or heads up from Princess.

People sitting on sidewalks everywhere.#PrincessFail

Just let people know what's going on!'

They told us some weeks ago that the Boarding for next weeks trip on the Crown (4/26 coastal), would be at 1PM and not to arrive before that.

I had out travel agent call and she came back with the same thing.

This week, the Crown is not in its regular berth, the Star is in one next to the terminal, and the Crown in the outboard berth just down from the Battleship IOWA. Maybe they are just letting folks into the terminals, we have always arrived about 11:15 and been on the ship at noon or sooner.. Lets hope its not something more than two ships at the same time...

Edited by rtlk

Well something is up in San Pedro today,another round of delayed boarding for star and Crown. Naturally no information or heads up from Princess.

People sitting on sidewalks everywhere.#PrincessFail

Just let people know what's going on!'

This is a joke, princess should be very embarrassed. A line to board thousands long, no one knows anything, no elite check in. If I could get my money back and do this another time I would. Never before in over 80 cruises have I seen such a poorly executed boarding.

Lets hope so:), what have you heard to confirm that?[/QUOT

Just got off the Crown this morning. No troubles with Noro, and the chef and maitre d' told us they got rid of it.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Per the title of the post, this was supposed to be about SF, the Grand left on the 13th just about on-time and is doing a 15day Hawaii trip. The ship boarded on-time about noon, there were also about 50+ BVE guests boarded @11:00AM.

I am having a hard time understanding this. The Crown underwent a deep cleaning in LA on Saturday, and the pax were not allowed to board until after 4:30pm. My understanding that the virus takes a couple of days from time exposed until you come down with it. And yet in a little over 24 hours pax and crew had the virus in San Francisco on Monday morning.

Also I understand that the next two cruises will be late boarding as to more cleaning.

Probably means that they did NOT get it from the ship, but brought it on board themselves, having contacted others somewhere else who were carrying.

I hope everyone feels better soon.

I boarded Celebrity Century on the 5th of April. Before we were allowed to board they sprayed our hands with sanitizer. Maybe I've had that done on embarkation before but I don't remember it. I asked if there was a Noro Virus outbreak onboard and I was told no but the ship next-door has the virus. The ship the crewmember was referring to was the Crown Princess.

The Celebrity Century and the Crown Princess were together several times during the week. Some people were a bit nervous at the thought of possible contamination. Now me, I just wanted to board the Crown Princess, watch a little MUTS and have a few chocolate chip cookies.

We had the same experience when boarding the Century on 4/12. That was the day that the Crown departure was delayed until 10 PM for deep cleaning. In Ensenada we were docked next to Star Princess, and were told that she had Noro, and to take care with handwashing, etc.

The Century had staff at the entry of Islands to spray everyone's hands with sanitizer. I've never seen that on Princess, in fact have seen staff standing next to the sanitizer dispenser while passengers walked right on by it into the buffet. NCL always had the "Happy, happy, washy, washy" crew spraying everyone's hands on our NCL cruises. Just have to wonder whether that has anything to do with the incidence of Noro? I know that there has been a lot of discussion on this board as to whether the sanitizer works, and people saying that they don't have to use it, because they wash their hands all the time. However, my husband saw a passenger leave the restroom without washing his hands - so, while some may claim that they do, not all do. Would be nice to think that maybe some of those would be helped by some mandatory hand sanitizer at the buffet.

They told us some weeks ago that the Boarding for next weeks trip on the Crown (4/26 coastal), would be at 1PM and not to arrive before that.

I had out travel agent call and she came back with the same thing.

This week, the Crown is not in its regular berth, the Star is in one next to the terminal, and the Crown in the outboard berth just down from the Battleship IOWA. Maybe they are just letting folks into the terminals, we have always arrived about 11:15 and been on the ship at noon or sooner.. Lets hope its not something more than two ships at the same time...

In January, we received an "Emergency message" (yeah, that's what it said) about our September cruises on the Crown.

Please be advised that Crown Princess will now be berthed at Berth 93 and embarkation will not begin until 1:00 PM. To ensure a smooth start to your voyage, we operate a progressive embarkation schedule. Passengers with a Preferred Boarding Pass may check in at any time from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM, though we kindly request that you arrive during your recommended time. If you have booked a Princess Cruise Plus Package or Princess Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or airport. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to 1:00 PM, as your cabin will not be ready, and there are not adequate facilities at the pier to accommodate early-arriving passengers. All passengers must be onboard by 3:30 PM.

1:00 PM - Dolphin and Emerald Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with D and E 1:45 PM - Caribe and Riviera Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with C and R 2:15 PM - Aloha and Lido Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with A and L 2:45 PM - Baja and Plaza Decks: Cabins on these decks begin with B and P

Others have reported similar messages from Princess weeks ago for the cruises in this time period. Wonder if this is a new procedure for Princess and people have not been informed, or missed or ignored the email?

See post#96 then #97. ;)

And ... #109 ;)

Passengers with a Preferred Boarding Pass may check in at any time from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM,

(Our check-in was delayed to 5-8PM)

On the 12th ... This is the part that didn't get conveyed to folks at the pier.

They told us to go away and come back at 8PM ... and then we could have our Preferred Boarding :mad:

Of course ... that information isn't on the Preferred Boarding Pass and we didn't have a non-Preferred Boarding Pass to show where it did say that.

If that wasn't irritating enough ... what was really bad was that they refused to let folks in the terminal that needed special assistance (most of which had Preferred Boarding) unless they were in the current boarding group :confused: When we finally got inside... the waiting area for those needing special assistance was empty ... oh they were all still outside :eek:

We don't know who said what to whom ... but after a 15 minute call to Princess ... they seemed to get this problem resolved in short order (thanks to whomever fixed it).

Edited by MauiLvrs

[quote name='rtlk']Did you call the main number? Which department or di you just tell them what was going on?[/quote]
I believe that DW call the main number and that she was transferred (probably more than once).