Quantum Summer 2015 projected end of April

Just off Indy of seas and paid a visit to the adventures future booking desk with the same question as many others as to when the Quantum will update for summer 2015. Agent called the deployment dept at RCCL and was told it would be end of April. Was not told reason for delay but agent said their are heavy rumors about it changing ports and leaving cape liberty. She said the big mystery is where the Liberty will go. I wonder if the two are connected.

Just off Indy of seas and paid a visit to the adventures future booking desk with the same question as many others as to when the Quantum will update for summer 2015. Agent called the deployment dept at RCCL and was told it would be end of April. Was not told reason for delay but agent said their are heavy rumors about it changing ports and leaving cape liberty. She said the big mystery is where the Liberty will go. I wonder if the two are connected.

And that's why they just broke ground on the New $50 Million Terminal for the QOTS the other day. Yeah !! That makes sense, lol.

I thought it was odd also and couldn't see where else it could go. Anthem is going to ft lauderdale in fall, don't see it at port canaveral either. Quantum is not much bigger than the freedom class so it could swap with any of them. Agent also mentioned the third Oasis in 2016 in conversation. That would be nice if one of the oasis class would come to New York.

I am just waiting to see where she will sail from and if she will change ports of call. I am wanting to sail on her in May or June of 2015 so these itineraries need to come out soon. :)

And that's why they just broke ground on the New $50 Million Terminal for the QOTS the other day. Yeah !! That makes sense, lol.

LOL right :rolleyes:

Thanks for passing along the info OP, pretty much what I was expecting at this point.

I can't wait to see the prices.

LOL right :rolleyes:

Thanks for passing along the info OP, pretty much what I was expecting at this point.

Yes I highly doubt QOS will be switching out of Bayonne. That would be crazy with all the $$$ being spent right now to upgrade the pier area. All this speculation is frustrating for all of us for sure. Let's ALL hope that RCI finally announces the schedules for Summer 2015 end of April. And YES wow can only imagine the prices Marci, wow!

Agree. I have been waiting to book out of New York for next summer and if it changed ports, that would really mess up my plans. With that said, however, there has to be a reason they are waiting so long on just this ship. It's not room codes and I don't buy the Bermuda challenge. Don't want to add more speculation, but it makes you think about it.

Agree. I have been waiting to book out of New York for next summer and if it changed ports, that would really mess up my plans. With that said, however, there has to be a reason they are waiting so long on just this ship. It's not room codes and I don't buy the Bermuda challenge. Don't want to add more speculation, but it makes you think about it.

Anthem's Caribbean sailings were inexplicably delayed as well, and there's no Bermuda issue there. Makes the whole thing seem less Quantum-specific.

Anthem's Caribbean sailings were inexplicably delayed as well, and there's no Bermuda issue there. Makes the whole thing seem less Quantum-specific.

Totally agree Dave. End of April is my bet right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes I highly doubt QOS will be switching out of Bayonne. That would be crazy with all the $$$ being now to upgrade the pier area. All this speculation is frustrating for all of us for sure. Let's ALL hope that RCI finally announces the schedules for Summer 2015 end of April. And YES wow can only imagine the prices Marci, wow!

Perhaps Liberty and Quantum will share Bayonne for the 2016 Bermuda season with Liberty hitting Bermuda and Quantum doing everything else.

The Bermudian nationals want Quantum. It's Bermuda's government and the port dredging that needs to be done that's holding everything up. I can't see RCCL losing its Bermuda customers to the Breakaway. Makes no financial sense.

I agree. Doesn't make sense for any of the involved parties to sever the relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I hope anthem caribbean is soon. It's kind of ridiculous how long they've pushed it back from the original date

UNV-IT, just a quick comment. The Disney magic bands were great. Thanks for the Disney help, we had an awesome time. We are going back in August for 4 days to the Contemporary again, 1 bedroom suite this time.:) We hope to make it the California Grill this trip. It would awesome to have the bands on Quantum.

Sorry for the off topic comments fellow CCers.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

UNV-IT, just a quick comment. The Disney magic bands were great. Thanks for the Disney help, we had an awesome time. We are going back in August for 4 days to the Contemporary again, 1 bedroom suite this time.:) We hope to make it the California Grill this trip. It would awesome to have the bands on Quantum.

Sorry for the off topic comments fellow CCers.

Andrew

Ah great to hear you had a good time and enjoyed the bands. I know so many people Like to bash them but actually use them and you will quickly become a lover.

Folks, as springaussie recently posted over on the Deployment thread on the main board, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42453596&postcount=2238 , a conference call regarding Quantum is scheduled for Thursday with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, evp operations; Vicki Freed, svp sales, trade support and service; and Chris Allen, associate vp global deployment and itinerary planning.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/stay-tuned-for-more-quantum-news.html?nspPage=1

Given the presence of the two top sales executives and the AVP for itinerary planning I have a strong suspicion (or perhaps just a strong HOPE :p) that it will be our long-awaited Q Summer '15 itineraries. We shall see!

Edited by Dave85

Folks, as springaussie recently posted over on the Deployment thread on the main board, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42453596&postcount=2238 , a conference call regarding Quantum is scheduled for Thursday with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, evp operations; Vicki Freed, svp sales, trade support and service; and Chris Allen, associate vp global deployment and itinerary planning.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/stay-tuned-for-more-quantum-news.html?nspPage=1

Given the presence of the two top sales executives and the AVP for itinerary planning I have a strong suspicion (or perhaps just a strong HOPE :p) that it will be our long-awaited Q Summer '15 itineraries. We shall see!

Maybe we will sail together next spring. :D

Strong HOPE as well we will finally hear the new itineraries for Summer '15

I better let Ken know:):);)

Strong HOPE as well we will finally hear the new itineraries for Summer '15

I better let Ken know:):);)

So excited finally the Summer 2015 schedule! Dave, Ken & I have been anxiously waiting 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app