Anybody renew their passports lately?

hollon

We renewed our passport about a month ago (I think), I went to travel.state.gov to where it says "check status on passports" and it says it will take about four to six weeks from when they received them. What is the timeline when yall have gotten them back. We sail May 24, anybody???? :)

1st time getting them and they actually came in about 3 weeks. There's a website you can go to to check status. I forgot what it was but just put passport status in a search engine and it should identify it.

Is it different than the one that I went to travel.state.gov ? thanks

just got mine back

17 days from mailed out to back in the mailbox ... standard processing

I mailed priority mail for tracking purposes and they were returned priority main which Passport Agency says they do now as 'standard' for tracking purposes . . .

I JUST renewed mine. I'm traveling out of the country (for work) on May 18th, and they told me I didn't need to rush it, it wouldn't take very long.

Fingers crossed, but she said probably about 3 weeks.

Recommended on the travel.state.gov website:

If possible, you should renew your passport approximately nine months before it expires. Some countries require that your passport be valid at least six months beyond the dates of your trip. Some airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement is not met.

Anyone have any problems not following this guideline?

My daughter just renewed hers here in Australia. Took 2 weeks.

Oh, that is her American passport.

I get amused by those who complain about the cost on CC. My kids are dual Oz/US citizens. So 2 passports each. Double the fun, double the cost.

Don't leave home without them.

Recommended on the travel.state.gov website:

If possible, you should renew your passport approximately nine months before it expires. Some countries require that your passport be valid at least six months beyond the dates of your trip. Some airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement is not met.

Anyone have any problems not following this guideline?

My daughter traveled on our last Caribbean cruise with only 45 days left. It may depend on where you are traveling to.