Tasmania--after Oz/NZ cruise??

bornfreenowexpensive

I am thinking about adding on a few days here after the cruise. Anyone ever use a tour company here?

Thanks

You can manage Tasmania on your own very easily as long as you are willing/able to drive while there.

You can manage Tasmania on your own very easily as long as you are willing/able to drive while there.

Tasmania is small, very rugged and primarily a big attraction to hikers, campers, cavers and nature lovers. It has more diverse scenery and wildlife than I think Australia proper. Its geology wild.. You will need to have good mobility and a sense of adventure.... no 5 star places... but this is not why you come here

Places like Mole creek karst.( Look up That)... or other natural wonders.

Get a guide book and dig into the region I would give it not less than 3 days. Roads are small and it is not that easy to get around fast.

bornfree - We used an excellent tour agency in Tasmania, Let's Show You Tasmania Tours. http://www.showyoutasmania.com.au/

The owner, Heather Henri, a delightful woman, is one of the most experienced (and may well be the most experienced) guides on the island.

As her website declares, whether you are there for 8 hours or two weeks, she wants you to enjoy her lovely island state.

When we return, we will certainly use her services again.

Edited by freddie