Azamara Club Cruises – Website Update

BBMacLaird

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

I have been here now for a few weeks, and both Signe (our Director of Marketing), and I have seen comments about our website being challenging.

We thought it time to give everyone an update – so here goes…

Navigation of the Site:

Over the last year – or so – we have added a great deal of information to our website. So much so that we started seeing that the navigation was becoming “clunky”. Not good. We recently did a complete audit of the site, including an updated analysis of what sections visitors go to the most, and as a result you will find by Monday next week (April 28) the navigation of the site will be simplified and much easier to use.

• You will find six of the key items in the main navigation: Find a Voyage, Offers, Destinations, Explore on Shore, Our Ships and Request Brochure.
    • With Explore on Shore now in the main navigation, it will be much easier to find this important section, and the links to view and book Land Discoveries. There is also another update on this section below.
    • Also, in the section called Our Ships, you will find everything you need to know about the on-board experiences, the various packages we have available for purchase, as well as Le Club Voyage.

[*]At the very top of the page (above the navigation) you will find a link called Your Booking, which will have all of the information needed to book, or to prepare for your voyage.

[*]Also at the very top of the page, you will find a link to Connect & Share, where you will find our blog, videos, photography, as well as a section where you can create your own memory book.

While all of this should make our site much easier to navigate, our next step is to review the content itself, and update/re-write as necessary. If you have any thoughts or comments, we are happy to receive them.

There are still some challenges, though, and here is more information on those.

Land Discoveries:

While this section has been improved in terms of content, lay-out and design, this is still an area where great improvement is needed since you can’t search or browse for Land Discoveries.

We have good news, though. The RCCL IT team is working on a shore excursion API, or said differently, an automatic feed that can provide our website with all of the excursions so you can browse and find what you are looking for by port or type of activity, etc.

As currently is the case, you will then have to use your reservations number for when you want to purchase a Land Discovery. However, the search/browse capability will be vastly improved. As we are still going through the scope with IT, we can’t provide a final timeline, but we are currently looking at late summer / early fall. It’s finally in sight…

Cruise Booking Engine:

When Bill was still here, he had posted information on the cruise booking engine. This is still a project that is very much alive and active. This booking engine will allow guests full visibility to pricing and stateroom availability.

While many of you do the actual booking through your travel agents, for those who prefer to do it online, this booking engine will also allow you to book any combination of cruise, air, hotel and transfer. Or just simply your cruise!

This was initially scheduled to go live in April, however, as sometimes happens with such projects, with the initial roll-out of this booking engine for our sister brands in the UK, some challenges were found, which we now are working on fixing. The new live date is now by end of August.

My Azamara:

This is a section of our website where we see little usage. However, we have seen some comments on Cruise Critic, so clearly some of you use it. This part of the site was a part of the old online booking engine that was removed in November of 2013. This booking engine was old both in terms of code and usability, so when RCCL recently did a complete revamp of our internal systems, we found that the efforts to update it to be compatible with the new internal systems, were simply too expensive and required too many resources when looking at potential return. So we removed it, and decided to go with the new cruise booking engine as referenced above.

All of this also meant that My Azamara became limited in functionality, and all you can see is existing bookings with Azamara - you cannot amend or cancel your bookings. We are not planning at this point to build this section out further. It may be something we will look at in the future with the new cruise booking engine, but that is not on the docket right now.

We hope this helps provide an overview and understanding of where we are with our website. The navigation, content and design parts are easy changes and updates – that’s the great part about the online world! Things can easily be change as we evolve. However, when dealing with connectivity to back-end systems, it becomes somewhat more complex.

Thanks again for giving us your feedback. The Cruise Critic forum comments are a great gauge for us to make sure we stay on top of our guests’ needs.

Hi Bonnie

Thanks for that. I haven't personally had a problem with finding general info on the site but I have noticed that there is no longer the information available relating to my specific booking, which was there when we booked and travelled with you last year.

I have completed the on-line check in but can find no information about my flights or pre-cruise hotel, information which was readily available last year. We are travelling on the Quest on 28/6/2014 by the way.

Am I missing something, ie looking in the wrong place, but shouldn't this info be available rather than having to bother our TA to find out.

Only my observations and not enough to deter me from booking again!

Rob

Hi Bonnie

Thanks for that. I haven't personally had a problem with finding general info on the site but I have noticed that there is no longer the information available relating to my specific booking, which was there when we booked and travelled with you last year.

I have completed the on-line check in but can find no information about my flights or pre-cruise hotel, information which was readily available last year. We are travelling on the Quest on 28/6/2014 by the way.

Am I missing something, ie looking in the wrong place, but shouldn't this info be available rather than having to bother our TA to find out.

Only my observations and not enough to deter me from booking again!

Rob

We also cannot find the details of our booking either! Perhaps we are all looking in the wrong place!

I do wish that under My Azamara, we could actually see our bookings...not that they exist, but which cabin we are in, etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes absolutely agree - Bonnie is this covered under the your booking section or not?

And dare I ask the vexed question - does this cover the UK site as well?

Thanks

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but no, you can no longer see your cruise booking details, e.g., cabin assignment, pre-cruise hotel, flights, etc, on the My Azamara page.

This is because they decommissioned the booking engine My Azamara was connected to (back in November 2013), which drove the data from our systems.

As I'm told, the new booking engine is due around the end of August and it should be more 'robust'.

Please bear with us while we work this out.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie and fellow posters

I posted my frustration at not finding details of my booking on a future cruise in the roll call and someone posted the reply below which I have copied and posted here. It is very convoluted but it works, I found our booking, flight details and pre cruise hotel so there is something in the system. Perhaps the 'techies' could make it easier to access as it really is there in the ether.

Good luck

Rob

REPLY. It is showing on our reservation under Manage my Reservation. Not easy to get into - you have to go into Already Booked, then Manage my Reservation, then click back on Already Booked and then select Manage my Reservation again and it eventually brings up the Select button which then shows the details of your booking, such as cabin number and hotel etc. They don't make it easy!

Maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot find the "Manage my Reservations" link. There is one for Online Check-in, but that takes me back to the same place where my reservation shows but the link is not active.

I posted my frustration at not finding details of my booking on a future cruise in the roll call and someone posted the reply below which I have copied and posted here. It is very convoluted but it works, I found our booking, flight details and pre cruise hotel so there is something in the system. Perhaps the 'techies' could make it easier to access as it really is there in the ether.

Good luck

Rob

REPLY. It is showing on our reservation under Manage my Reservation. Not easy to get into - you have to go into Already Booked, then Manage my Reservation, then click back on Already Booked and then select Manage my Reservation again and it eventually brings up the Select button which then shows the details of your booking, such as cabin number and hotel etc. They don't make it easy!

What?! I wasn't aware there was a 'work around' to find booking information.

Of course all the information is "in the system", Rob. Our in-house problem is how to give guests pre-cruise access to it on the front-end.

Thanks for pointing it out to us. I'll pass this along to the office...

Bonnie

Maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot find the "Manage my Reservations" link. There is one for Online Check-in, but that takes me back to the same place where my reservation shows but the link is not active.

I can't find "manage my reservation" either.:confused:

I tried to edit my post above but time had run out. So here's the update:

I tried the workaround that rojojacko posted and I couldn't get it to work either. So I tried something else. I googled "manage my reservation" and "Azamara". UP IT CAME. The surprise was that it is the UK Azamara site. Then I went back to rojojacko's post and, sure enough, he lives in the UK. So there IS a way to see the information. It just isn't where you expect it to be.:rolleyes:

Edited by tgg

Bonnie:

As someone new to Azamara, would you please explain the thinking for disabling the My Azamara option in November 2013 when the other system for viewing will not be available until August 2014?

Thanks so much!

Bonnie:

As someone new to Azamara, would you please explain the thinking for disabling the My Azamara option in November 2013 when the other system for viewing will not be available until August 2014?

Thanks so much!

Because you will appreciate the wonderful experience onboard that much more after surviving the incompetent pre-cruise experience on land!:)

Hi GJH, there is no explanation I can give you other than the fact that it was decommissioned in Nov 2013, and it is "on the list" to be fixed.

The company resources (sorry, that's corporate speak for people, time, $) are prioritized to maintaining a superior product (sorry, more corporate speak. By product I mean maintain the ships, hire and train the service personnel, the food, the whole onboard experience), developing new shore excursions (I'll be posting soon about the new series of Insider Access small group tours in Europe we've just launched) and a new website and booking engine. The latter will solve some of the My Azamara problems, and then we'll solve the rest.

To paraphrase the next poster, we want to WOW you where it matters!

Thank you for choosing us <3

Bonnie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I tried to edit my post above but time had run out. So here's the update:

I tried the workaround that rojojacko posted and I couldn't get it to work either. So I tried something else. I googled "manage my reservation" and "Azamara". UP IT CAME. The surprise was that it is the UK Azamara site. Then I went back to rojojacko's post and, sure enough, he lives in the UK. So there IS a way to see the information. It just isn't where you expect it to be.:rolleyes:

Bingo! Yes this works. Thank you so much and well done!

It DOES work! Thanks so much, as I found a big error in the two cabins we have booked for the 2015 British Open cruise - our two golfers were booked on different golf flights so would not have been golfing together.

Thanks TGG and rojojacko!

Bonnie:

Appreciate your reply and now understand why I never worked for a large corporation.:-)

Is there any place on the website where I can obtain specific information about the transfers, i.e. departure time We are scheduled to arrive at the airport at 7:30. On our original invoice, embarkation was listed as 10:30 now on our express pass it shows as 12:00. Do the transfers typically include a drive-by of interesting sights or are they direct? Alternatively, I will book a brief individual tour for our jet-lagged group. Our port is Hamburg and departure is June 14, 2014.

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

When Bill was still here, he had posted information on the cruise booking engine. This is still a project that is very much alive and active. This booking engine will allow guests full visibility to pricing and stateroom availability.

While many of you do the actual booking through your travel agents, for those who prefer to do it online, this booking engine will also allow you to book any combination of cruise, air, hotel and transfer. Or just simply your cruise!

This was initially scheduled to go live in April, however, as sometimes happens with such projects, with the initial roll-out of this booking engine for our sister brands in the UK, some challenges were found, which we now are working on fixing. The new live date is now by end of August.

Thanks again for giving us your feedback. The Cruise Critic forum comments are a great gauge for us to make sure we stay on top of our guests’ needs.

Looking forward to that change.

I mentioned to Bill long ago that if I am unable to view cabin availability and pricing WITHOUT entering all of my personal information, then I will not feel comfortable booking Azamara regardless of who I book through.

As a result, I am booked for both cruise trips and land trips for the next 2 years out on other cruiselines, etc.,...not to say there isn't room for more, but Azamara...well, it has already been said.

Thank you Bonnie for the updates.

Edited by LOP

I mentioned to Bill long ago that if I am unable to view cabin availability and pricing WITHOUT entering all of my personal information, then I will not feel comfortable booking Azamara regardless of who I book through.

As a result, I am booked for both cruise trips and land trips for the next 2 years out on other cruiselines, etc.,...not to say there isn't room for more, but Azamara...well, it has already been said.

Dear LOP,

Keep checking in...I'm sure the system will be working in two years! We appreciate your past business and want to win it back. Enjoy your cruises and land trips on other lines, but don't forget who loves you best!

Thanks for the update Bonnie. it has been very difficult to find Le Club Voayafe on your website so I'm glad that will be more prominent.

I do think Azamara should not take the dismiss or minimize the difficulties and frustrations customers and potential customers experience with your website, however. While it is important to prioritize resources and maintain onboard excellence, you clearly could lose customers if it is too difficult to book. Websites are your most important marketing and sales tool.

Edited by librarylady19

As we are just going on our first Azamara cruise this year I too found the US web site not very user friendly.

I could find cabin and pricing availability on other travel websites though.

Edited by coldbird

Good luck

Rob

Just tried this on the UK site and it worked for me.