New "savings certificates" question.

I haven't booked anything yet, plan on sailing next March.. Before I would just check the list of savings certificates for a discount and usually one would come up.. Now that they did away with those, do I need to start looking in a different area or how do they work/apply to me?

I haven't booked anything yet, plan on sailing next March.. Before I would just check the list of savings certificates for a discount and usually one would come up.. Now that they did away with those, do I need to start looking in a different area or how do they work/apply to me?

You need to log into Royal's website, and do mock bookings of every possible cruise and stateroom category you are considering. Once you pick a representative stateroom, click on "View Summary of Charges" for details. There you will see if a C&A discount appears. Quite convenient.:rolleyes:

You need to log into Royal's website, and do mock bookings of every possible cruise and stateroom category you are considering. Once you pick a representative stateroom, click on "View Summary of Charges" for details. There you will see if a C&A discount appears. Quite convenient.:rolleyes:

So if I book, and there's nothing available right now, if one does become available am I just out of luck? Or does it get applied to my balance even if I book through a travel agent?

So if I book, and there's nothing available right now, if one does become available am I just out of luck? Or does it get applied to my balance even if I book through a travel agent?

Good question, and the C&A discounts are so new that we don't have any reports on whether they can be applied to an existing cruise. The use of a travel agent should not matter.

Edited by clarea

Good question, and the C&A discounts are so new that we don't have any reports on whether they can be applied to an existing cruise. The use of a travel agent should not matter.

I have Allure TA October 2015 booked and when I checked the price of my cabin with the New C&A Exclusive Rates it was lower, so I just emailed my US TA and told her and shortly afterwards I received new invoice from RCCL and my TA with the new lower price. :D

So yes although it says for new bookings only I did not have any problems getting the new rate.

Log on to Royal's website, go to the C & A portion and click on Special Offers, then click on "New! Crown and Anchor Society Exclusive Rates." Once there click and View Cruises and you will find a very long list of cruises with special C&A member prices. We just snagged a heck of a deal on a January 2015 cruise on Serenade.

I have Allure TA October 2015 booked and when I checked the price of my cabin with the New C&A Exclusive Rates it was lower, so I just emailed my US TA and told her and shortly afterwards I received new invoice from RCCL and my TA with the new lower price. :D

So yes although it says for new bookings only I did not have any problems getting the new rate.

Thanks for the report!:)

Log on to Royal's website, go to the C & A portion and click on Special Offers, then click on "New! Crown and Anchor Society Exclusive Rates." Once there click and View Cruises and you will find a very long list of cruises with special C&A member prices. We just snagged a heck of a deal on a January 2015 cruise on Serenade.

Thanks - just the sort of useful information I and probably others wanted.

Is it a separate line in the summary section that says C&A or is it all just lumped into the Discount section?

Currently looking at a cruise where I believe the discount section is showing a residency discount and balcony discount. I don't think you can have both balcony and C&A just wondering how they show the new C&A savings.

Is it a separate line in the summary section that says C&A or is it all just lumped into the Discount section?

Currently looking at a cruise where I believe the discount section is showing a residency discount and balcony discount. I don't think you can have both balcony and C&A just wondering how they show the new C&A savings.

It is showing them separate. On ours it shows the military discount and then the CAS discount.

You can not have both balcony AND CAS savings

I would add to this that you should clear your cookies before you perform the search. I tried this the other day and all it showed was 4 cruises, from a search I had done earlier.

Is there a way to see which discounts were applied......resident, balcony, c&a, etc?

Not sure, but you can try getting Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The different discounts may show up there. You request this document from whoever booked your cruise.

We booked online with Rccl, so I'm assuming I should be able to see this info somewhere online? All I can find is the "price details" which just shows a "discount " amount, but it doesn't say which type(s) of discounts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked online with Rccl, so I'm assuming I should be able to see this info somewhere online? All I can find is the "price details" which just shows a "discount " amount, but it doesn't say which type(s) of discounts.

Royal's website is less than friendly. Things like OBC are not shown online. It does not surprise me that the discount details are not shown online. Call and ask for the booking confirmation. If you do get the booking confirmation, please report back if it enumerates the different discounts.

Royal's website is less than friendly. Things like OBC are not shown online. It does not surprise me that the discount details are not shown online. Call and ask for the booking confirmation. If you do get the booking confirmation, please report back if it enumerates the different discounts.

That's an understatement:p

The booking invoice that I received shows a mjilitary discount and then CAS rate deducted off the price. This is for a PR room.

Edited by molly361

That's an understatement:p

The booking invoice that I received shows a mjilitary rate and then CAS rate deducted off the price. This is for a PR room.

Thanks for the info. Does the booking confirmation say something like "CAS Discount"?

Just called and got a copy of our booking invoices. It does show the following:

Cruise fare: $1339

Resident discount: -$470

CAS rates: -$112

Thanks for the help!!

Thank-you for reporting back. :)