Saving Your Chocolate

Saphire

My DH always saves them until we get home. We use to give them to DM beause she so love chocolate but now that she has passed, he still saves them but for himself.:D

I save them and bring them home for my BFF. Don't like the new ones.:(

We usually save all the chocolates and eat them when we get back home.

However, our 15-year-old granddaughter was with us on our Jan/Feb cruise this year and asked if she could have our chocolates, so she could take them home. Our room steward found out she liked them and left her extra chocolates every night on her bed.

She will again be with us in a few weeks on the Zuiderdam, and considering she told me a few days ago that she still has some left, we're not going to be so "generous" this time. ;-)

JMO -- but we don't care for HAL's new chocolate.

We bring the majority of them home. DH will eat a couple on the cruise. Once home he will eat one once in a while.

I tried one -- I will stay with my dark chocolate.

Hey...so good to hear we get chocolates! I will take mine (and the hubby's) the following mornings to plop into the bottom of my coffee to make myself a cafe' mocha! That should be tasty during our Alaska late summer cruise this year!

Maybe the chocolates are next on the hit list. For the first time ever we gave our chocolates away - DH likes dark chocolate and still has a collection from our fall cruise. So, I piled them nicely on a plate and delivered them to our friends cabin - apparently they like chocolate. DH sometimes grates the chocolates to use on top of the desserts he makes.

We don't like milk chocolate (do not tell RuthC :D ) so in the past we have saved them and given them to our MDR tablemates. Last cruise, we just told the steward to not leave any.

I'm going to tell the steward next cruise not to bother either. These new ones are boring. :(

We sailed the Rotterdam six on its first cruise out of nyc just after her first world cruise. The people who sailed in our cabin during the world cruise did not eat chocolate, and saved it all in one of the bottom drawers in a desk cabinet. I opened it to put in my socks and voila! :D

I have checked that drawer in every cruise we have sailed since, but no luck.

We took the chocolate home, of course.

Edited by world~citizen

I prefer dark chocolate but am never one to let chocolate go to waste (or waist for that matter). I save mine up, let the room steward know if I need a few more, and hand them out to my students in September as a souvenir from our cruise. While I'm on the cruise I send them all a postcard of the ship so they know we've been away and they think it's cool to get the chocolate. I teach at a small country school (public) where we know our upcoming class (for the most part). I've taught there long enough I'm teaching students of students! Yikes - I'm getting old!!

Karen

I am a total chocoholic, as long as the chocolate is dark. The darker the better. I've worked at a candy store where we made our own chocolates, so I know my chocolate. I not only don't like the HAL milk chocolate, but I think it's inferior, even for milk! A Dutch company should be ashamed to pass out chocolate that bland and waxy.

That said, I collect them, bring them home, and pass them out at work along with whatever fridge magnets I've found on the cruise for my co-workers. They are thrilled.