Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

might seem like a silly question, but has anyone ever gotten a mani/pedi somewhere in FLL port area pre cruise? Any recommendations?

Cruisers often ask where to get a mani/pedi by the port. My friend has been going to this nail tech for a while and loves her!

Toi Spa in Southport Shopping Center on SE 17th St (across from Embassy Suites). They offer over 20 different spa pedicures, as that is their specialty. Ask for Amanda there and call in advance for appts. 954.990.6687

• Thanks 1

Cruisers often ask where to get a mani/pedi by the port. My friend has been going to this nail tech for a while and loves her!

Toi Spa in Southport Shopping Center on SE 17th St (across from Embassy Suites). They offer over 20 different spa pedicures, as that is their specialty. Ask for Amanda there and call in advance for appts. 954.990.6687

I'll check them out! Do you know by chance if they do nex gen nails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have read through some of the replies and I still have a question.

We are coming back Saturday Sep 10th at Miami port, POM from cruise.

I am renting a car (Alamo) from FLL (since my flight out is from FLL next day).

I called Alamo and they said they have free shuttle from port to car rental.

However I am not sure they meant POM or FLL port.

So does anyone know if Alamo offers free shuttle from POM to FLL airport (NOT MIA airport)?

If not I will just book SAS shuttle (one I am taking from FLL to POM previous Saturday).

I thought I would check here first.

Thanks,

Robert

Edited by roberttz

Hi,

I have read through some of the replies and I still have a question.

We are coming back Saturday Sep 10th at Miami port, POM from cruise.

I am renting a car (Alamo) from FLL (since my flight out is from FLL next day).

I called Alamo and they said they have free shuttle from port to car rental.

However I am not sure they meant POM or FLL port.

So does anyone know if Alamo offers free shuttle from POM to FLL airport (NOT MIA airport)?

If not I will just book SAS shuttle (one I am taking from FLL to POM previous Saturday).

I thought I would check here first.

Thanks,

Robert

That is a long ride...I have never heard of such a free car rental shuttle.

Sorry for the repeat question... I know I asked this already but cant find it and cant scroll thru 50+ pages.

4 adults staying at the Riverside hotel a day before our cruise departure. How far is it to the RC dock in FLL? Uber is an easy option? Anything in particular to that we should not miss in this area of the hotel?

Thank you!

Sorry for the repeat question... I know I asked this already but cant find it and cant scroll thru 50+ pages.

4 adults staying at the Riverside hotel a day before our cruise departure. How far is it to the RC dock in FLL? Uber is an easy option? Anything in particular to that we should not miss in this area of the hotel?

Thank you!

Take Uber - it will be cheaper than a taxi. The entrance to Port Everglades is about 3.5 miles away. Check out http://www.lasolasboulevard.com for info on the area surrounding the Riverside and http://www.sunny.org for info on Fort Lauderdale attractions.

Thank you!

Great hotel choice! Wear comfortable shoes and you can walk all over downtown. Uber is a great choice. You'll probably need 2 Ubers to fit luggage.

Thank you!

You can probably do an Uber XL btw, its a little bit more, but cheaper than 2 ubers, will probably be a van or large SUV that will seat a min of 6 and will have plenty of space for luggage

You can probably do an Uber XL btw, its a little bit more, but cheaper than 2 ubers, will probably be a van or large SUV that will seat a min of 6 and will have plenty of space for luggage

We've done Uber XL. It's about the same price as a taxi (twice as much as UberX). We got an SUV. If you use code rzh9gue, your first ride is free.

We've done Uber XL. It's about the same price as a taxi (twice as much as UberX). We got an SUV. If you use code rzh9gue, your first ride is free.

Im seeing UberXL (this is just an estimate, as time of day matters and its midnight here) from Riverside hotel to Port Everglades as being estimated 11-15.00. Regular Uber is 6-8.00. So either way, not bad. We did a taxi before Uber was around 3 years ago in FLL, was 20.00 bucks from the Renaissance to Port Everglades.

So in my opinion, if I was klstiger, I would take the Uber XL, instead of the taxi of 2 Uber X even if the two uber X's end up being around the same price as an Uber XL - just would prefer riding in the same vehicle with companions.

Never used Uber before. Need help using it. Can you tell me how to do it, someone in our party has a smart phone.

It is very simple. Download the Uber app and enter the default form of payment (credit card or PayPal). Then, follow the instructions, type of car to select, etc.

It is very simple. Download the Uber app and enter the default form of payment (credit card or PayPal). Then, follow the instructions, type of car to select, etc.

Thank you.

We will be going from Best Western Plus Oceanside on 1180 Seabreeze Blvd to the FLL port (Caribbean Princess).

There will be 5 adults plus 5 suitcases and each have a carry on.

Do you think, they have a vehicle big enough to hold us all?

Thank you.

We will be going from Best Western Plus Oceanside on 1180 Seabreeze Blvd to the FLL port (Caribbean Princess).

There will be 5 adults plus 5 suitcases and each have a carry on.

Do you think, they have a vehicle big enough to hold us all?

UberXL will

http://uberestimate.com/what-is-uberxl/

and if its tight, i would just tough it out, really is a hop, skip, and a jump away from port everglades

There are 15 of us staying at Hyatt Place Dania. We are looking into renting a 15 passenger van to sight see the day before the cruise. Would it be stupid to make several trips the day of the cruise to get everyone to the port (using the van) or should we just call for taxis? Thanks!

There are 15 of us staying at Hyatt Place Dania. We are looking into renting a 15 passenger van to sight see the day before the cruise. Would it be stupid to make several trips the day of the cruise to get everyone to the port (using the van) or should we just call for taxis? Thanks!

If you have the van anyway, and if you're going to Port Everglades, it makes sense to me, as long as someone doesn't mind being the driver. With the time it can take to get into port security and do drops offs allow about an hour or so per round trip, and start at around 10:30.

Im seeing UberXL (this is just an estimate, as time of day matters and its midnight here) from Riverside hotel to Port Everglades as being estimated 11-15.00. Regular Uber is 6-8.00. So either way, not bad. We did a taxi before Uber was around 3 years ago in FLL, was 20.00 bucks from the Renaissance to Port Everglades.

So in my opinion, if I was klstiger, I would take the Uber XL, instead of the taxi of 2 Uber X even if the two uber X's end up being around the same price as an Uber XL - just would prefer riding in the same vehicle with companions.

Yes, Aubrey I agree, I would definitely do the Uber XL also with more than 2 people. We did the XL from port to home which is about 8.5 miles, no traffic on a Sunday, no bridges. Uber added in a $2 port surcharge and the total cost was only $30.

Just don't hit Luxury XL unless you want to pay a lot! My friend accidentally did that on his first Uber ride. From Ft. Lauderdale to MIA in the early morning it cost about $170! He could have had a private Townecar ride for $100 plus tip.

Thank you for the advice. Uberxl is exactly what we will do. I use uber all the time with work, around the country!