Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

Looks like you have the same dilemma we had..in the end we booked Hyatt 66 after weeks on searching where to stay. We made our decison purely for the location, we booked a tower high room and are looking forward to our stay,...what are your dates in March? We are cruising on Royal princess on 10th March.

our dates are a year away! (Feb. 2018) LOL, good to know we need to book early though!

I've not been able to find this on my mobile device, are there any lounges/ restaurants that you can see ships leaving the port?

Thanks!

Anjie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are no restaurants or bars by the port. The closest thing is the beachfront restaurants about a mile away where you can see the ships going out to sea in the distance.

Homewood Suites, 2061 Griffen Rd, Dania

I am not sure where this hotel is?

I have stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th St. Is near the Hyatt Place 17th St?

Looks like you'll be about 10-15 mins away from the Hyatt Place area.

Will be driving down in Sept for a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Any suggestions where to stay one night pre-cruise that offers a "stay and park"?

Start your search at http://www.sunny.org

Two other sources for hotels offering cruise parking deals are http://www.stay123.com and http://www.parksleepfly.com

You might also look at staying cheap somewhere and then using one of the off-site parking options.

So I am sailing at the end of this month and I got in touch with the shuttle company All Shuttle on their own web site it is 8 dollars per person shuttle from my hotel to Port Everglades and needed the same to get us back to FLL a week later > I filled out all info on their website and then they called me back they stated that for the two of us to be picked up it would be 35 dollars each way total of 70 round trip HUH They stated that we are the only ones to be picked up I thought to myself we can not be the only ones leaving so I just said thank you . I called Comfort suites at the airport(were we are staying overnite) and they reconfirmed that they have a shuttle .for 10 per person no other charges from the hotel to Port Everglades. Disappointed with what I call bait and switch

So I am sailing at the end of this month and I got in touch with the shuttle company All Shuttle on their own web site it is 8 dollars per person shuttle from my hotel to Port Everglades and needed the same to get us back to FLL a week later > I filled out all info on their website and then they called me back they stated that for the two of us to be picked up it would be 35 dollars each way total of 70 round trip HUH They stated that we are the only ones to be picked up I thought to myself we can not be the only ones leaving so I just said thank you . I called Comfort suites at the airport(were we are staying overnite) and they reconfirmed that they have a shuttle .for 10 per person no other charges from the hotel to Port Everglades. Disappointed with what I call bait and switch

what hotel are you going to and from Port Everglades to? I would recommend Uber, even if you have to get Uber XL. TO me, it is better than a shuttle - at least same cost or cheaper, and you get to leave when you want. :cool:

• 2 months later...
Staying at the Comfort Suite Airport/Cruise Hotel near FLL Question what is this $5,00 fee to get into the port and airport that this shuttle company was quoting , as if everyone had to pay this fee

That has been our experience. I was doubtful at first, but we see this charge consistently every year we cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Staying at the Comfort Suite Airport/Cruise Hotel near FLL Question what is this $5,00 fee to get into the port and airport that this shuttle company was quoting , as if everyone had to pay this fee

We stayed at the FLL Hyatt 17th St. Convention Center this past December. They contract with a shuttle for their guests and we paid $7.00 pp directly to the shuttle driver.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone give me information about the Hilton Garden Inn on 18th Ave. in Dania Beach? We land after 5 and sail the next day so we only need a clean bed and a restaurant and free airport shuttle. It also has to be where SAS will pick us up for a ride to POM. If this is not a good choice, can you offer a better choice that won't cost more. Looks like I can get a room for a little over $200 with breakfast.

Can anyone give me information about the Hilton Garden Inn on 18th Ave. in Dania Beach? We land after 5 and sail the next day so we only need a clean bed and a restaurant and free airport shuttle. It also has to be where SAS will pick us up for a ride to POM. If this is not a good choice, can you offer a better choice that won't cost more. Looks like I can get a room for a little over $200 with breakfast.

Check SAS WEBSITE for a list of hotell they pick up from, and you can use that list to choose your hotel.

http://Www.ridesas.com

Edited by swedish weave

Check SAS WEBSITE for a list of hotell they pick up from, and you can use that list to choose your hotel.

http://Www.ridesas.com

I have the list. What I wanted was information about this particular Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach. Does anyone know what the neighborhood is like or has anyone stayed there recently

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Hello,

We are doing a cruise from Miami and then transferring to a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, neither ship has self service laundry facilities, does anyone know of a launderette where we could drop washing in for a quick wash and dry whilst we wait to embark and then depart, within walking or short taxi ride (probably more likely)of the Port.

Many Thanks for any information

Hello,

We are doing a cruise from Miami and then transferring to a cruise from Fort Lauderdale, neither ship has self service laundry facilities, does anyone know of a launderette where we could drop washing in for a quick wash and dry whilst we wait to embark and then depart, within walking or short taxi ride (probably more likely)of the Port.

Many Thanks for any information

I'm not sure you would want to be a self-service laundry place in South Florida.... Scary.

The ships do offer full service laundry though, right? It couldn't be more expensive than a taxi ride, machines, soap, etc. etc.