Concierge Letter Arrived!

kurukthemal

We just received our initial welcome letter from the Concierge for our upcoming Alaska trip on the Pearl. We are in a SC family suite for the trip. What should I ask for as this is a completely new, first time experience for us!?!?!?:confused:

If you are taking your own drinks, ask for refrigerator to be cleared out.

If you didn't receive one in the packet, you can find pillow menu by doing web search: NCL pillow menu. Ask for type you want.

Don't know about sleeping arrangement, but if one is a fold out, request foam topper.

Most everything else can be taken care of by butler once aboard.

Sorry to piggyback Kurukthemal, but I'm curious too This is my first time in a suite - SF on Dawn in July. Should I be expecting this letter too? Does it come snail mail or email? Would this be an appropriate time to request certain afternoon snacks from the butler? I am SOOOO excited. My first real vacation in years.

Sorry to piggyback Kurukthemal, but I'm curious too This is my first time in a suite - SF on Dawn in July. Should I be expecting this letter too? Does it come snail mail or email? Would this be an appropriate time to request certain afternoon snacks from the butler? I am SOOOO excited. My first real vacation in years.

We received a welcome packet via snail mail... in it we were advised to contact the Conceirge Desk for whatever we may need along the lines of coffee, tea, pillows, etc... they replied with the following word doc attached to an email.

As for snacks -- this isn't an item for the pre-cruise concierge. Save that until you're onboard.

Guest Reservation: 2136xxxx

Date: 09/04/2013

Good Afternoon Mr. R & Ms. R;

Below are some of the complimentary amenities that will be made available to your clients, our valued Haven & Suites guests. We have several options and it would be my pleasure to assist you with pre arranging everything for their upcoming sailing onboard the Norwegian Jewel on 09/07/2013. Please select your preferences from the menu below.

Pillow Options

Feather - goose down

Overfilled Firm - firm but not too hard

Climarelle - body temperature regulating

Ultra Foam - deluxe memory

Reading Wedge

Hypo-Allergenic

Coffee

Regular

Decaffeinated

Tea

Chamomile

Green

Black

Lemon

Extra Towels

Washcloths

Hand

Bath

Also, please advise me of any additional interest in our Mandara Spa Services, Art Gallery, or Specialty Dining. It would be my pleasure to make these arrangements for their upcoming sailing. Please advise me of their estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that I may advise the shipboard team. If you have any questions or requests please feel free to contact me at 1-855-625-4283, my extension is 26319.

Regards,

Vanessa

Concierge Desk Coordinator

Norwegian Cruise Line

In our experience, the concierge letter is a hit or miss thing with NCL; sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

In any case, unless you're in an owner's suite or higher (where there are some wine and liquor choices to be made) there almost nothing from the choices on the letter that you can't easily take care of with a conversation with your butler and cabin steward once you board.

If you haven't received anything from the pre-concierge (either by e-mail or regular mail) when it is 2-3 weeks until your sailing date, you can just send them an e-mail asking for the welcome letter. I did that last year, and then I received within an hour the above quoted letter by e-mail.

NorwegianConciergeDesk@ncl.com

We received a welcome packet via snail mail... in it we were advised to contact the Conceirge Desk for whatever we may need along the lines of coffee, tea, pillows, etc... they replied with the following word doc attached to an email.

As for snacks -- this isn't an item for the pre-cruise concierge. Save that until you're onboard.

I have sent my snack request through the pre-concierge and have had great results.

For me the best thing I got to use the pre-conceirge for was pre-ordering the alcohol that came with the Owner's Suite. It was nice to have it there upon arrival to the ship rather than it sometimes being delivered the next day.

Other than that I find all other requests simple enough to make while on board.

• 3 weeks later...

Adrian was still on Breakaway as the Haven Concierge. Not sure if he will be in a month, but he is awesome, and a true gem. We were on the ship 3 months ago. He recognized us immediately and pulled us aside to catch up on goings on.

The staff in general on Breakaway is like that (we were stopped by at least 5 people who remembered us), but Adrian made a very lasting impression :) (as did Jeanette at La Cucina)

Hi everyone,

I received my letter a few weeks ago (I sail June 6th). I am staying in an OS for the first time.. I order my bottles of liquor (with the OS), my pillow selection and even an extension cord for my DH cpap machine. They responded very quickly via email. The original email came "snail" mail with all of the information on it. I was very impressed.

Lisa

We received the "form" email. I replied and asked several questions. I never received a reply. I thought boy was this going to be a bust...however concierge was great on board the ship....best ever....except for replying to emails.

I have never received one of those letters when I stayed in a suite.

I just received a welcome to the Haven card but that's it

That is our experience as well. Sent an email to the pre-concierge before sailing since they never contacted us. I asked two questions for our last trip on the BA in March. One he sort of answered the other ignored. I gave him info about our sailing but never heard from him (or anyone else pre-concierge) again.

Sorry to piggyback, but I'm really curious about this also since we are considering a suite on NCL in the near future.

"Please advise me of their estimated time of arrival to the port on the day of embarkation so that I may advise the shipboard team."

Why does the Concierge need this information and what does the shipboard team do?

Thanks!

Edited by JimAOk1945

In our experience, the concierge letter is a hit or miss thing with NCL; sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

In any case, unless you're in an owner's suite or higher (where there are some wine and liquor choices to be made) there almost nothing from the choices on the letter that you can't easily take care of with a conversation with your butler and cabin steward once you board.

Yep! :o

We've been in the Haven on the Epic and the Breakaway....neither time have our requests been taken care of when requested through the Pre-board Concierge.

That being said - our every request has been honored once on board! I think for future cruises (Getaway and the Escape) we will just wait until we board to make any requests. ;) :D

To add my 2¢... My pre- concierge letter also did not arrive, so I gave them a call. The young lady I was speaking to typed up an email and sent it to me...that was great! I answered the requests for pillow type etc and asked her about spa passes and if the steward could please empty out the mini fridge so I could refrigerate my waters. I waited 2 days with no reply. I then sent out a quick, thanks for your help the other day, did you ever get my email? Her reply was, " please be patient." Hmmmm. Not exactly what I would have replied, but the confirmation letter concerning my choices was emailed back directly. They never? acknowledged my request for an empty mini fridge.... NCL needs to do some quality control on the pre- concierge dept!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

To add my 2¢... My pre- concierge letter also did not arrive, so I gave them a call. The young lady I was speaking to typed up an email and sent it to me...that was great! I answered the requests for pillow type etc and asked her about spa passes and if the steward could please empty out the mini fridge so I could refrigerate my waters. I waited 2 days with no reply. I then sent out a quick, thanks for your help the other day, did you ever get my email? Her reply was, " please be patient." Hmmmm. Not exactly what I would have replied, but the confirmation letter concerning my choices was emailed back directly. They never? acknowledged my request for an empty mini fridge.... NCL needs to do some quality control on the pre- concierge dept!

Correct - either get rid of it or get it working properly. It isn't exactly new so you can't blame working out the bugs.

Funny since we emailed for pillow requests and the fridge to be emptied. We received a confirmation email the next day that our wishes would be forwarded.

Funny since we emailed for pillow requests and the fridge to be emptied. We received a confirmation email the next day that our wishes would be forwarded.

Don't be surprised - if "your wishes" are not forwarded. Neither time has our cabin steward or Butler had any knowledge of our pre-cruise requests.

Again - not a huge deal - because we had only requested a few extra pillows and that black tea be available for the coffee machine. Both of which they took care of asap - once we inquired.

But I agree with the other posters - fix it so it works or don't offer the service! :o