Embassy Suites

Cruiser-66

I'm Looking for a hotel for a Feb. cruise. It's for my husband and I who will be driving to the hotel and a daughter and family that will be flying in. We are looking into the Embassy Suites which can accommodate 4 adults and two children, in one room. This is an unusual situation as we need transportation from airport and to the port for 4, and all of us need transportation to the port. We also need to park our car for a week. I called reservations and they offered me a price of $327., and said it will include transfers for everything and no fees for leaving our car.

Is this a good price or would we be better off using taxi service. What does taxi cost from the airport and from the port? Any other suggestions?

Are the taxi prices quoted by Cruiser Bruce per person? I've never heard of prices this low.

Taxi prices aren't per person, they are for the taxi. before tip. It is why the universal statement on this board is to take a taxi. Taxis beat shuttles locally in FLL area every time. The distances involved are very short.

A standard taxi will handle 3 people, maybe 4 if the driver allows the use of the front seat. But it likely won't allow for 4 people's bags.

Just did this in February, so the rates are current, and they have discussed here extensively.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Taxi prices aren't per person, they are for the taxi. before tip. It is why the universal statement on this board is to take a taxi. Taxis beat shuttles locally in FLL area every time. The distances involved are very short.

A standard taxi will handle 3 people, maybe 4 if the driver allows the use of the front seat. But it likely won't allow for 4 people's bags.

Just did this in February, so the rates are current, and they have discussed here extensively.

Actually, the trunks in those cabs are so large and deep, they hold luggage for four people. They hold 4 big bags and other duffles and stuff.

Although we love the ES I would look at other options before jumping in.

http://www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and lodging info, and here are two sites that are good sources for cruise parking deals:

http://www.parksleepfly.com

http://www.stay123.com

With cheap cab fares I would not focus too much on "free" shuttles. Good luck!

I'm Looking for a hotel for a Feb. cruise. It's for my husband and I who will be driving to the hotel and a daughter and family that will be flying in. We are looking into the Embassy Suites which can accommodate 4 adults and two children, in one room. This is an unusual situation as we need transportation from airport and to the port for 4, and all of us need transportation to the port. We also need to park our car for a week. I called reservations and they offered me a price of $327., and said it will include transfers for everything and no fees for leaving our car.

Is this a good price or would we be better off using taxi service. What does taxi cost from the airport and from the port? Any other suggestions?

$327 seems high to me. Check the Doubletree Gallery One. They have rooms with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa and you can usually get a good rate on LMT. We just stayed there for $120/nt. However it does not include breakfast or transportation.

Also I think Hilton Garden Inn has rooms that can sleep 6.

I'd look at the sites that John mentions considering you need parking while you are gone. The parking is built into the room rate.

Embassy is really sticking it to you..even if it IS Feb. :rolleyes:

Can reservations be canceled through "Last Minute Travel"? I've never heard of this club,

but if it's free I maybe should give it a try. It looks like a couple of you have tried it. Is there anything I should know before doing so?

Can reservations be canceled through "Last Minute Travel"? I've never heard of this club,

but if it's free I maybe should give it a try. It looks like a couple of you have tried it. Is there anything I should know before doing so?

Yes, reservations can be cancelled up to 3 days before. They have great deals. If you join the Club you can see the names of the hotels. If you don't join the club sometimes the hotel name is hidden but if you call the toll free number on the website they will tell you the name of the hotel and take off a few dollars from the rate.

We use it often when we have a particular hotel in mind. And we have canceled several times with no trouble. The credit on my card always shows up within a couple days.

Sometimes I can find a hotel for less $$ closer to the date ,so the cancelation policy is a BIG plus. If I find it cheaper later on or a new hotel choice, even on LMT, I call and cancel my original booking and then rebook the lower cost or other hotel. No questions asked.

I have had a "membership" for over a year. Never a fee. Lots of nice savings.

I joined LMT club yesterday since it was free. They didn't even list Embassy Suites which I was hoping for. Maybe may dates are too far out, not sure what the problem is. I'll keep checking.

Edited by knutsonl

To be honest with you . . . that seems like a real decent price that Embassy Suites quoted you.

$327 in February

I guess including all transfers means:

includes the shuttle from airport to hotel for 4

includes the shuttle from hotel to port for 6

includes parking of the vehicle for the duration of the cruise

includes Return shuttle after the cruise to the hotel for 6

includes the shuttle to the airport for 4

If they are throwing in all of that, that isn't bad at all. Rates around this time of year run in the $250 range or even higher for the Embassy with no transfers included.

Not bad at all to be honest with you. Plus you are getting a great breakfast for 6 and a free happy hour. I'd go for it.

To be honest with you . . . that seems like a real decent price that Embassy Suites quoted you.

$327 in February

I guess including all transfers means:

includes the shuttle from airport to hotel for 4

includes the shuttle from hotel to port for 6

includes parking of the vehicle for the duration of the cruise

includes Return shuttle after the cruise to the hotel for 6

includes the shuttle to the airport for 4

If they are throwing in all of that, that isn't bad at all. Rates around this time of year run in the $250 range or even higher for the Embassy with no transfers included.

Not bad at all to be honest with you. Plus you are getting a great breakfast for 6 and a free happy hour. I'd go for it.

I agree that is a good price if it includes everything. But I just want to mention that when I tried to book the package they told me the transfer to the ship was only for adults and children would be charged $16 each which I found kind of strange.

I agree that is a good price if it includes everything. But I just want to mention that when I tried to book the package they told me the transfer to the ship was only for adults and children would be charged $16 each which I found kind of strange.

I agree

OP, you would want to make sure that they know you have 4 adults / 2 kids in the party and that all 6 of you have transportation needs and that the final cost includes everything for everybody.

If they say they will cover all of you at that price . . . I'd feel very confident that you will not find a better deal with the amenities and convenience that are thrown in. In fact, that's a real good deal considering the time of year.

I mean even the Quality Inn on Broward/I-95 is pushing up against the $200 price point and that hotel is in awful shape in an awful area. The Hyatt next door to the Embassy wants over $300.

It's high season, and prices are definitely up.

Edited by kdawg954

That has to be a misunderstanding, as adults are $8 to the port. So if the rate was for the kids is $8 each way, then the $16 works.

I joined LMT club yesterday since it was free. They didn't even list Embassy Suites which I was hoping for. Maybe may dates are too far out, not sure what the problem is. I'll keep checking.

Not all hotels will be found there. Especially in peak months and weekends . You need the room in Feb.? Besides being a popular choice, the cruise lines use Embassy Suites in their hotel packages. So the hotel doesn't have to hand over any rooms to the discounters to sell for them. You should be able to find others tho at lower than average rates.

If looking for a peak weekend, book something that is cancelable and then shop around as you get closer to your date for any last min. deals.

Edited by eandj

Just booked Embassy Suites for $303 without the transfers. There was a misunderstanding about it being for everyone both ways. In other words too good to be true. This was more money than I was hoping to pay but it's for 6 people, and the children are teenagers. The nice breakfast and social hour will make it worth it. I can still look for specials. Thanks for all the ideas and advice.

Just booked this hotel on Travel Pony a new site and including tax for next week $144.

Makes sense . . . Pre Memorial Weekend is a down part of the season . . . where February is arguably the highest point of the season. This is why when people make these requests it's vital to know the dates. You can literally have a $200 swing in prices.

Just booked this hotel on Travel Pony a new site and including tax for next week $144.

That's about par. LMT is offering it for $101+ next weekend. You are booking in a slow time...as compared to the Feb dates.;)

I haven't found Travelpony to offer the lowest costs yet. In fact for our needs, it hasn't come closer than third place in my list of go to sites. Glad it worked out for you.

Edited by eandj

I booked Embassy in March for a late-May stay. Today I just saw that the prices dropped to $144 total, from $180, for a one night stay so I changed my reservation. Hubby & I stay at Embassy Suites wherever we travel in the US, since the 80's. We love the free breakfast and evening reception, although we used to get way more food at these receptions back in the day!

Today, the hotel advised that a private company will shuttle you to the cruise terminal for $5 per person, each way.

Today, the hotel advised that a private company will shuttle you to the cruise terminal for $5 per person, each way.

If two or more, it's faster and less hassle to just use a cab. Leave on your schedule with no stops at other ships. Cost will be comparable. ;)