Celebrity Classic Beverage Package

Flipper133

Hi all

There has been a lot of discussion on what is included in the Classic Beverage Pac.....esp. since they have been promoting it a a free bee in the latest PyP promo.

Here is a link to a spreadsheet I have developed which some may find useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtDdYKhZ7rGHdHgzOWU5TG9peldNdzhqQzdNZzYyNVE&hl=en#gid=0

It is based on info gleaned from the Celebrity UK web site, but should still be applicable.

There are two tabs.

1. Provides an analysis of wines available by the glass, sorted by style.

There are tasting notes, and icons that have hypelinks attached to web sites providing more information on each wine.

2. This is a copy of the full package offerings, including wines, spirits, beers and liqueurs.

cheers from down under :D

I tried to access that spreadsheet, but it says I need permission.

Perhaps you need to make the item public, or you may end up with a lot of requests for permission to view the file :)

I tried to access that spreadsheet, but it says I need permission.

Perhaps you need to make the item public, or you may end up with a lot of requests for permission to view the file :)

Yeah, thanks mate...now done :o

cheers

Hi Flipper!

Still remember that FABULOUS tour you and your family put together for us in Brisbane.

It was a really special experience we'll remember forever - it almost didn't matter that the weather didn't cooperate.

THANK YOU!!!!

This is brilliant! Thank you very much for posting it. Do you happen to have the official listing for the premium package, as well? Also, I assume this is relatively current?

Thanks again!

This is brilliant! Thank you very much for posting it. Do you happen to have the official listing for the premium package, as well? Also, I assume this is relatively current?

Thanks again!

Hi Sutler

Sorry, can't seem to locate a list of the Premium offerings.

The one I have used is available on the Celebrity UK site ... and is there to help promote the Beverage Package still being offered there....so I presume it is current.

Elsewhere under the promotion stuff they list all the voyages under which the promotion is valid...and it includes the cruise on Solstice I am doing in December.

Only thing I should add is that it is realistic to appreciate that not all offerings will be available across all bars...although I am guessing that if you found something you really like, and it was not available at your favourite spot, then a receptive barperson could be persuaded to get it in.;)

cheers

I am really surprised as I always thought that Aussies were beer drinkers, 🍺

and have a lot of fond memories of drinking it with them. 🍻

Nice work thanks for the post.

🍸

Hi all

There has been a lot of discussion on what is included in the Classic Beverage Pac.....esp. since they have been promoting it a a free bee in the latest PyP promo.

Here is a link to a spreadsheet I have developed which some may find useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtDdYKhZ7rGHdHgzOWU5TG9peldNdzhqQzdNZzYyNVE&hl=en#gid=0

It is based on info gleaned from the Celebrity UK web site, but should still be applicable.

There are two tabs.

1. Provides an analysis of wines available by the glass, sorted by style.

There are tasting notes, and icons that have hypelinks attached to web sites providing more information on each wine.

2. This is a copy of the full package offerings, including wines, spirits, beers and liqueurs.

cheers from down under :D

All I get is the wine list. It may be because I am using a IPad first generation. Does anyone else get the whole list?

🍸🍻

Edited by miched

On an iPad, if you hit the link that says go to spreadsheet view and desktop version you should be able to see the 2nd page. Thanks Flipper for loading this, very helpful. One of our party a touch disappointed that there's no Bundy but he'll live without it :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Notpickyjustparticular

My husband and I salute you - your splendid research deserves a doctorate ....... maybe you should call it "Reflections on an Alcholic Excursion"!!!!

Did you actually have a free Classic Package to research it, or (horrors) did you have to pay. Perhaps we could put the hat around :D

Seriously, thank you very much. We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in October, and we will definitely work our way through the list. :rolleyes:

Kind regards,

Ratacake and Rors

My husband and I salute you - your splendid research deserves a doctorate ....... maybe you should call it "Reflections on an Alcholic Excursion"!!!!

Did you actually have a free Classic Package to research it, or (horrors) did you have to pay. Perhaps we could put the hat around :D

Seriously, thank you very much. We're going on our first Celebrity cruise in October, and we will definitely work our way through the list. :rolleyes:

Kind regards,

Ratacake and Rors

Shirley says I should be painting the ceiling...not spending all my time on Cruise Critic.

But this is serious research !!

Best part is I do have a FOC Classic package to use in December, and I (and perhaps a few others) now have some reference material to work through all options available. :D

cheers

All I get is the wine list. It may be because I am using a IPad first generation. Does anyone else get the whole list?

🍸🍻

Same problem. Using IPad Air.

Well done OP, great work.

I was wondering about the availability of wines by the glass as I guess that list is for wines available across the ship, not necessarily in the MDR. Im interested as their is a Marlborough white on the OPs list as available by the glass but I havnt seen that on a MDR wine menu posting.

If it isnt on the MDR list, does anyone think they would bring it from another venue so it was available for dinner each evening?

Actually think Ive just found out its on the wine menu for the Ensemble Lounge and Speciality Restaurants. Do you think they would bring a bottle or two to the MDR for our cruise duration so we could have a glass with dinner?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great work! Super informative. A note: was on the Equinox in Oct for a Med cruise. Although Pinot Noir is not on the classic list, every sommelier we had (Select Dining) gladly brought glasses of it for my wife with no up-charge. However, nowhere on the ship could I find ouzo, which became a favorite of ours on a Greek isle cruise a few years back. Captain's Club has assured me there's plenty of ouzo aboard the Solstice, which we're boarding next week for an Alaskan cruise. Reading the OP's list of wines, spirits, etc. has really piqued my readiness. Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for the post, this spread sheet made me feel better about getting the classic package. We definitely enjoy our wine, but would probably not drink enough of everything else to justify the premium package.