Need dress information

Hello,

My other half and I do not wear jeans, but we have family going on the Allure next week with us and they asking whether they can wear jeans in both the specialty dining and main dining room. Does anybody know whether jeans is accepted, thank you.

5002 posts and you are asking this question? A member since 2004, what's your game? A slow day at the office?

Made me chuckle :D

Even I (with my low post number) can recite the "suggested dress code" for the MDR and speciality restaurants :rolleyes:

jbond & jc24cruiser.... is it really necessary to be sarcastic to me? I simply asked a question because we only dine at specialty restaurants and haven't been in the main dining room in a few years, this trip we want to try the main dining room once of twice...as far as the specialty restaurants I haven't dined at 150 Central Park yet so honestly I rather ask for my sister in law than her going there wearing jeans and feeling out of place. Not a slow day at the office, I haven't or don't need to work in 27 years and my masters degree has gone rust. LOL

Edited by lyndamr

I can't recall ever seeing anyone in jeans in a specialty restaurant. Not saying no one does it just that most people tend to dress a bit more. In any event, they will certainly let you in. Whether or not your SIL feels out of place depends entirely on her.

CP150...I don't think you will see any jeans. Chops/Giovannis, you will see jeans. MDR you will see jeans. Can't answer about Samba Grill. Actually both Chops and Giovannis are dark inside so you may not notice at all, but CP150 I still doubt you will see jeans.

When we went to Giovannis we got there about 45 minutes early to hang out in the Park, listen to music, chat with some wine and the restaurant gladly provided sliced meats and cheese plates for us. Very nice way to get together before the meal.

You'll have a great time.

LMaxwell who gave you the meat and cheese plates Giovanni's? I am so hungry now lol.

Yes, we had just let them know that we were "there" but were going to hang outside until our reservation time having some wine and they promptly started bringing out plates for us to share. I don't know if it was an attentive waiter or someone requested it but it was no big deal. Very nice.

When I sailed Allure in 2010 I ate in Chops and 150 Central Park. In Chops I didn't notice anyone wearing jeans but that doesn't mean they weren't there. The men I saw wore dress slacks or chinos/dockers. Some wore suits, some jackets & ties and others wore just shirts with collars.

I dined in 150 Central Park on a formal night but IMHO considering that 150 Central Park is the most high level (formal) restaurant on the ship, I personally don't think that jeans are appropriate. However, as we all know, people will wear whatever they want.

I'm taking 2 19 year old boys on the Allure and they are planning on wearing nice dark designer jeans and dress shirts to dinner on some nights (not the formal nights they will be in suits) I am sure they will be some of the best dressed men in the dining room. I don't think some jeans are what they used to be. So I think it depends on the jeans and what you wear with them.

jbond & jc24cruiser.... is it really necessary to be sarcastic to me? I simply asked a question because we only dine at specialty restaurants and haven't been in the main dining room in a few years, this trip we want to try the main dining room once of twice...as far as the specialty restaurants I haven't dined at 150 Central Park yet so honestly I rather ask for my sister in law than her going there wearing jeans and feeling out of place. Not a slow day at the office, I haven't or don't need to work in 27 years and my masters degree has gone rust. LOL

Honestly, wearing jeans at 150 Central Park she would be out of place. Dress codes in specialty restaurants are generally the same as the MDR, so formal night is the same. On a side note, "Adults" who only wear jeans and have to ask usually will get a lot of sarcastic remarks. Think about it.

Honestly, wearing jeans at 150 Central Park she would be out of place. Dress codes in specialty restaurants are generally the same as the MDR, so formal night is the same. On a side note, "Adults" who only wear jeans and have to ask usually will get a lot of sarcastic remarks. Think about it.

Specialty Dining is always smart casual, never requiring formal wear. Suggest you read Royal Caribbean website before giving this sort of advice in the future as it is not correct.

5002 posts and you are asking this question? A member since 2004, what's your game? A slow day at the office?

I am waiting for him to ask if it's ok to bring your own alcohol onboard....

The OP also recently stated that they have been on 50+ cruises so the amount of questions posted lately are really perplexing to say the least.

Sorry OP, something is just not adding up.

###

What is so difficult for you all to understand, I do not pay attention to what people wear, I have not dined at 150 Central Park yet to know what people wear and I do dine at specialty restaurants, I do not know what they wear in the MDR, I simply asked a question that is all but some people here are either jealous I been on 52 cruises and I am only 50 years old so maybe your just seeking drama or attention. Again, these boards are to give advice, suggestion and opinions not for your own personal entertainment agenda.

Oh for your information, on all of my cruise I NEVER bring water, soda, alcohol on board, I buy what I need and want, I can spend money on a cruise I certainly can purchase everything!

Edited by lyndamr

I don't understand why people are being rude to you. This is a discussion board and you asked what we all thought for your situation. It's not like you were being mean. I'm sorry they upset you. Have a wonderful cruise!!!!!

Is there some sort of chart showing what questions may or may not be asked if you have a certain number of posts on CC? I don't get the snarkiness towards the OP's request...

It's a public forum...ask away!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app