norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

I am not looking for revenge, just resolution. I am amazed that nobody has called me yet. For goodness sakes, I have been a little persistent but nowhere near rude with them. Everyone I have talked to I have treated with respect. It shouldn't be this way and shouldn't be tolerated in my opinion. It was our first cruise and we were really looking forward to it. Still had a great time but we were away for a week in the Caribbean. Hard not to have a great time. If this is typical why aren't you better off just going to a resort?

When I said "revenge," I meant that you had said you would do everything in your power to keep others from booking with NCL. It struck me that you were trying to "punish" the company (i.e. get revenge) -- however, I have realized that your motivation to keep others away from NCL may have been to keep others from ending up having the same customer service problems that you had.

I never thought, nor implied, that you had been rude.

As for resorts -- I haven't heard all that much good about customer service at resorts, either, when there is a problem to resolve.

Why I stand my my previous post that it was dangerous having 4 people stay in a 3 person balcony cabin.

Harriet

I didn't even think of that. I would have been very upset if we had to get in lifeboats and we were separated.

Yikes....has this thread grown.

So, catch me up. Did the OP get the apology from NCL for the misunderstanding, either written or via FB? If so, end of story, right?

I have not heard one word from them. Not even an email saying we are looking into the matter and promise to get back to you.

It just amazes me.

I have not heard one word from them. Not even an email saying we are looking into the matter and promise to get back to you.

It just amazes me.

Well other than the one liner on Facebook !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It just amazes me.

Do you Tweet, I think it's time to escalate this to a new level!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It just amazes me.

And the more you play this out in public the less likely they will be to contact you. Clearly they will do nothing special for you fearing it will be shared world wide and set expectations for others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

And the more you play this out in public the less likely they will be to contact you. Clearly they will do nothing special for you fearing it will be shared world wide and set expectations for others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Expectations that their representatives should know the layout of their own ships???

Yes, I agree with you.

They can't be setting that expectation.

Here's a tip of advice to those of you posting complaint emails/responses to various companies.

1. Post exactly what you want your resolution to be. I see way too many people just bitch and moan about something but dont specify what exactly they're looking for. This is great for a forum/yelp, but if you're acutally looking for something, it's not going to happen.

2. be straight forward on how exactly you suffered.

3. You can ask that they correct it on your next trip.

4. Take them to court if it truly was egregious, negligent and you suffered physical harm.

norweigan is a multi billion dollar company with tons of other customers. You can't expect them to randomly call you up just because you get upset.

much like walmart won't bother calling you up just because you paid extra for something that was suppose to be cheaper.

Case in point, Mcdonalds messed up my order in a royal way. I ordered a fried chicken wrap with back, they gave me that big mac wrap. but since my order was to go, I didn't realize until I got back to my office. My complaint was simple. After the fact, I wrote a letter to them that I ordered a chickcen, got beef and i'd be happy to ship them back their big mac wrap (which went home with me and sat in my fridge). My request was to give me a refund for the non meal I received.

striaght forward, they gave me two coupons for chicken wraps. One that covered my refund and one extra as good will.

Edited by BuffetPantsPls

1. Post exactly what you want your resolution to be. I see way too many people just bitch and moan about something but dont specify what exactly they're looking for.

It would be very interesting to read exactly what accmiller has written to Kevin Sheehan, if any letter has actually been sent!

Here's a tip of advice to those of you posting complaint emails/responses to various companies.

1. Post exactly what you want your resolution to be. I see way too many people just bitch and moan about something but dont specify what exactly they're looking for. This is great for a forum/yelp, but if you're acutally looking for something, it's not going to happen.

2. be straight forward on how exactly you suffered.

3. You can ask that they correct it on your next trip.

4. Take them to court if it truly was egregious, negligent and you suffered physical harm.

norweigan is a multi billion dollar company with tons of other customers. You can't expect them to randomly call you up just because you get upset.

much like walmart won't bother calling you up just because you paid extra for something that was suppose to be cheaper.

Case in point, Mcdonalds messed up my order in a royal way. I ordered a fried chicken wrap with back, they gave me that big mac wrap. but since my order was to go, I didn't realize until I got back to my office. My complaint was simple. After the fact, I wrote a letter to them that I ordered a chickcen, got beef and i'd be happy to ship them back their big mac wrap (which went home with me and sat in my fridge). My request was to give me a refund for the non meal I received.

striaght forward, they gave me two coupons for chicken wraps. One that covered my refund and one extra as good will.

I have contacted them in every way I could and then some. After repeated attempts on the cruise I got a letter on my door mid cruise. They said the ship was full so they couldn't do anything but if something came available they would let me know. Not so amusing at the time but reading it back today I found it very amusing. I guess people leave mid cruise all the time??

When I finally spoke to someone in customer service they told me to put it in writing on their website guest relations site. I did that. TWICE. She promised they should get right back to me. It has been over a week.

I would love to come on here and say "I apologize it has all been a big misunderstanding. They called, explained their position, and we are good."

Until then my initial post stands "Norwegian does equal the world's worst customer service in the history of the world"

It would be very interesting to read exactly what accmiller has written to Kevin Sheehan, if any letter has actually been sent!

I have not written the CEO a letter. Never said I did. I think at this point my many different attempts at correspondence are well chronicled.

I love your loyalty to them. I would love to have customers like you.

yea in the midst of, certainly bring it to the attention and hope to get it corrected. However a crowded ship leaves little to be resolved.

So while writing is good, the old fashioned snail mail i find is best. It's a physical trail and is actually read by real humans.

I would state simply in the letter the account of what happened, that their staff requires better training in such situations and due to such circumstances your vacation was ruined becuase you had to stay in separate from your wife on your family vacation. As such, I would request that I get a partial refund on one of the rooms since we didn't really utilize it to capacity due to the fact that you had to have someone stay in separate rooms to be with the kids.

I assure you that will get a more timely pointed response and it allows them to start the "negotiation" process since you set a baseline.

I have contacted them in every way I could and then some. After repeated attempts on the cruise I got a letter on my door mid cruise. They said the ship was full so they couldn't do anything but if something came available they would let me know. Not so amusing at the time but reading it back today I found it very amusing. I guess people leave mid cruise all the time??

When I finally spoke to someone in customer service they told me to put it in writing on their website guest relations site. I did that. TWICE. She promised they should get right back to me. It has been over a week.

I would love to come on here and say "I apologize it has all been a big misunderstanding. They called, explained their position, and we are good."

Until then my initial post stands "Norwegian does equal the world's worst customer service in the history of the world"

I have not written the CEO a letter. Never said I did. I think at this point my many different attempts at correspondence are well chronicled.

I liken your different attempts and well chronicled correspondences to standing in front of the white house holding up a picket.

The president isn't going to look at you, or acknowledge you. Your representative member of congress (if they even realize you're their constituent) isn't going to know how you feel. Proper way is to write a letter to your representative and state you are a constituent and lay out exactly what you want.

I am aware that you never said you had written to Kevin Sheehan. The point I am making is do you not think you should have done after getting nowhere on the telephone. I certainly do not have any loyalty to NCL any more than any other company that I may deal with. If I have problems with any company, I always by-pass the customer service department and contact the Chairman or Chief Executive Officer, by both E-mail and letter. Never failed yet in getting what I have requested. As the previous post, you have to actually say what you are after

World's worst customer service in the 'history of the world"?

Come on now....that's taking it a little to far! LOL

I know you're upset but let's be realistic here. It's NOT the worst customer service in the history of the world!

Harriet

You do realize you can get a "read receipt" from an email, don't you? Works just as well for proof as paying Uncle Sam for a "receipt" from the USPS. :)

Yes of course, but that only happens if the email actually makes it through, and eventhen I get emails from people with the "receipt"request and sometimes ignore it, which does not prevent me from reading the email but does prevent the person from knowing I readit.

But as a case in point about delays, I sent myself an email from work to home at 1015am May 6. It arrived last night May 8 at 1030pm....It must have made a side trip to Alaska...

I sent emails to my Cruise Consultant and a second Cruise Consultant who called me when I was online trying to figure out the deck plans on the ncl website. I guess it looked like I was booking a cruise. Anyways, they both confirmed they received the email and forwarded it to the proper people. I was also told by customer service to fill out the online form which I have done twice.

I have no doubt that they will eventually contact me. To be honest, everything we experienced on our cruise except for this snafu seemed to show a cruise line that did a little more than the others. That was abundantly clear when coming back from an excursion when you compared how the different cruise lines handled them. The only glitch in their system seems to be their customer service and guest relations departments which need a ton of work.

If they want to research the problem before contacting me great. It would be nice to receive an email that lets me know they are working on it and will be in touch.

They also should have handled it way better than the way it was handled on the ship. They just ignored me and offered nothing to make it better.

I totally agree with you.

16 pages on this? Impressive. I don't think it will make it to 20 like the weekly tipping marathon threads but I've been wrong before.

Carry on. I'll be back Monday to check. :D

Like. Can't believe this thread wasn't closed days ago.