norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

Snail mail -- now you are talk- en -- one of the best methods to communicate - used this form as well - it still works -- get all the info you need - names, dates etc. yes it takes time -- put it all together -- have a copy for yourself as well --

It really doesn't matter if he calls, writes, or emails. Since the problem is the bad info from the PCC, whoever the OP contacts is going to have to confirm that the PCC actually did give the wrong info. If the PCC denies it, then I can't see them doing anything here.

As I suggested before, I would contact the PCC and determine that the wrong info was given (and I would get that in writing)...then I would escalate the issue up the chain of command from there. If the PCC admits fault, the OP with be 90% of the way toward a resolution.

It really doesn't matter if he calls, writes, or emails. Since the problem is the bad info from the PCC, whoever the OP contacts is going to have to confirm that the PCC actually did give the wrong info. If the PCC denies it, then I can't see them doing anything here.

As I suggested before, I would contact the PCC and determine that the wrong info was given (and I would get that in writing)...then I would escalate the issue up the chain of command from there. If the PCC admits fault, the OP with be 90% of the way toward a resolution.

I doubt that the PCC will accept the blame and risk getting reprinanded or worse

Bill

I doubt that the PCC will accept the blame and risk getting reprinanded or worse

Bill

Maybe so, but if he/she doesn't I don't think NCL is going to offer any sort of compensaton. Doing so would only open the floodgates for tons of people to "claim" that the PCC told them something that turned out to be untrue.

If NCL can't verify that the OP was told that the doors were right across the hall from one another, then there is no wrong to right.

I previously stated I WOULD NEVER EVR CRUISE CARNIVAL

again. As it turned out circumstances led me to do just that several years later. It ended up being a very positive experience. You know, they say never say never. And OP might just do the same.

That's how I felt about NCL. Got a really good deal on a cruise. Was pleasantly surprised.

Maybe so, but if he/she doesn't I don't think NCL is going to offer any sort of compensaton. Doing so would only open the floodgates for tons of people to "claim" that the PCC told them something that turned out to be untrue.

If NCL can't verify that the OP was told that the doors were right across the hall from one another, then there is no wrong to right.

I am sure he was told the cabins were right across the hall which they were. The problem the doors on the other side. The fact is not a big deal since one adult had to sleep in each room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I totally agree and I hope this is not a case of CYA by the PCC.

I wish the OP would have had just as easy a time as I did when dealing with NCL customer service.

I came back from my cruise after having an incident in the MDR and sent one email and got a response within 2 weeks with a more than generous offer.

We booked another cruise with the compensation and had a great 2nd cruise.

Bill

I am sure he was told the cabins were right across the hall which they were. The problem the doors on the other side. The fact is not a big deal since one adult had to sleep in each room.

"IF" the PCC told the OP what OP states, that they don't care who sleeps where once onboard then it is a problem.

While none of us were privy to the conversation we can't verify it but I don't see why the OP would make that up if all he wants is an apology or at least someone to admit there was poor communication.

Bill

So, you are missing what I said about getting signatures of receipt through the postal service and that e-mails also get "lost"?

And I never mentioned phone calls...

The new electronic age is great when everything works and computers don't crash or get hung up in loops...JS

I sent emails to my Cruise Consultant and a second Cruise Consultant who called me when I was online trying to figure out the deck plans on the ncl website. I guess it looked like I was booking a cruise. Anyways, they both confirmed they received the email and forwarded it to the proper people. I was also told by customer service to fill out the online form which I have done twice.

I have no doubt that they will eventually contact me. To be honest, everything we experienced on our cruise except for this snafu seemed to show a cruise line that did a little more than the others. That was abundantly clear when coming back from an excursion when you compared how the different cruise lines handled them. The only glitch in their system seems to be their customer service and guest relations departments which need a ton of work.

If they want to research the problem before contacting me great. It would be nice to receive an email that lets me know they are working on it and will be in touch.

They also should have handled it way better than the way it was handled on the ship. They just ignored me and offered nothing to make it better.

Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't ncl assign the rooms? It isn't like I picked them. Do they think it is just a coincidence that we were assigned rooms that are across the hall from each other but have doors facing away?

It is a big deal because that isn't what we paid for?

Breaking up my family and having them on separate sides of the ship isn't what we asked for.

Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't ncl assign the rooms? It isn't like I picked them. Do they think it is just a coincidence that we were assigned rooms that are across the hall from each other but have doors facing away?

Unless you book a guarantee, you ALWAYS have the ability to make a specific choice from the available cabins.

I sent emails to my Cruise Consultant and a second Cruise Consultant who called me when I was online trying to figure out the deck plans on the ncl website. I guess it looked like I was booking a cruise. Anyways, they both confirmed they received the email and forwarded it to the proper people. I was also told by customer service to fill out the online form which I have done twice.

I have no doubt that they will eventually contact me. To be honest, everything we experienced on our cruise except for this snafu seemed to show a cruise line that did a little more than the others. That was abundantly clear when coming back from an excursion when you compared how the different cruise lines handled them. The only glitch in their system seems to be their customer service and guest relations departments which need a ton of work.

If they want to research the problem before contacting me great. It would be nice to receive an email that lets me know they are working on it and will be in touch.

They also should have handled it way better than the way it was handled on the ship. They just ignored me and offered nothing to make it better.

The staff onboard can't offer you anything without proof that you were given incorrect information. That is why it is so important that you get documented confirmation from your PCC that you were told that the doors for your rooms were directly across from each other in the same corridor.

So, you are missing what I said about getting signatures of receipt through the postal service and that e-mails also get "lost"?

And I never mentioned phone calls...

The new electronic age is great when everything works and computers don't crash or get hung up in loops...JS

You do realize you can get a "read receipt" from an email, don't you? Works just as well for proof as paying Uncle Sam for a "receipt" from the USPS. :)

Breaking up my family and having them on separate sides of the ship isn't what we asked for.

It wasnt what you were expecting but it is exactly what you paid for.

My understanding is.

Only if you agreed to a guaranty category does NCL assign a cabin

It is up to you to select the cabin you rent .

A P.C.C. / T.A. may try to assist you in your selection as much as they can But It is your decision to make !

F.Y.I. you can only book one cabin at a time .

NCL may relocate you with out notification unless a request " no change " is added to your res. by You .

Edited by biker@sea

We were on the getaway for spring break and what a disaster. We were a family of four and had originally booked one mini-suite. After some more thought we decided that wasn't going to be enough room so we called norwegian and asked to change to two adjoining rooms. No problem. We just needed to pay a cancellation fee and then we could rebook. Huh??? All we wanted to do was add a room. Anyways we went ahead with it and then our consultant told us since we were putting the kids in the other room it would be safer to give them an inside cabin across the hall instead of a balcony. Seemed to make sense to us so we booked and paid the difference. Well when we go on the ship we found out the inside cabin was indeed across the hall but the door to the inside cabin was not. In order to get to that cabin you basically had to walk all the way down the hall, across, and back up the hall on the other side of the ship. For some reason, my wife didn't want our 6 year old that far away from us. So we called guest services. Guess what they didn't care. We were told we agreed to that arrangement and there was nothing they could do. I told them we didn't agree to that at all. They said they would look into. I called the next day and no record of my complaint. What a surprise. They still didn't do anything so we had to cram all four of us into a room that was designed for 3 people. When I got back I sat on hold on their customer service line for 90 minutes and still didn't get a live body. Emailed our cruise consultant twice and nothing. I did log-into the site and was called within 20 minutes by a cruise consultant asking if I needed help booking a cruise. When I told them my problem I never heard from them again.

The shame of it all is the getaway was a beautiful boat but ncl's complete lack of customer service for issues has resigned me to never using them again. If anyone every asked me if they should book a cruise with them I will do everything in my power to stop them.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. It's suppose to be a vacation ,

And these people on NCL don't really care

I had / have a similar problem. The fare on the Breakaway dropped

$300 per cabin , we had 3 cabins next to each

Other

When I called to ask about our fare that we paid more ,

They NCL claim they can't give the difference back since we already

Booked, but maybe they can upgrade us. Well never heard from

The agent , so I called. Finally got him after leaving so many messages

He said they upgraded us???? Just another balcony

But one cabin on deck 9, one on deck 13 and one window on

Deck 5. Now we are all over the ship

I will call back but common on, what kind of service is this????

Originally Posted by accmiller

It wasnt what you were expecting but it is exactly what you paid for.

Correct. They asked for connecting rooms. Their PCC suggested a balcony and inside across the hall. They paid for and got a balcony and an inside across the hall.

Everyone could have been together all day.....and for sleeping one adult and one child could have slept in the inside cabin and one adult and one child could have slept in the balcony cabin. It actually was very unsafe for all 4 of them to sleep in a balcony cabin that was for 3 only simply because God forbid they needed to use the lifeboats there would have been one spot less for someone on that lifeboat.

Harriet

Well I sure did pay for it.

However it wasn't what the NCL rep told me I was getting.

We keep coming back to this point...if you can't document what the PCC actually said, there is no reason for them to do anything.

That is why it is so important to start with the PCC and go up the chain from there...and you need to do this WITH the PCC as opposed to "I'll forward your complaint and someone will get back to you".

Originally Posted by accmiller

Correct. They asked for connecting rooms. Their PCC suggested a balcony and inside across the hall. They paid for and got a balcony and an inside across the hall.

Everyone could have been together all day.....and for sleeping one adult and one child could have slept in the inside cabin and one adult and one child could have slept in the balcony cabin. It actually was very unsafe for all 4 of them to sleep in a balcony cabin that was for 3 only simply because God forbid they needed to use the lifeboats there would have been one spot less for someone on that lifeboat.

Harriet

How do you know they don't have the same muster station since they are "right across the hall" from each other?

Bill