norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

Great! LOL

Now we'll have even more people coming here to comment. NCL already IS aware and reading this thread!

Harriet

How can you tell who is reading this thread and if indeed they are reading it why wouldn't they contact the OP and be done with it?

Bill

71 posts on the same subject is really a bit pathetic. The time you have spent contocting your "story" could have been better spent in actually doing something positive and contact Norwegian Cruise Line.

Why do you give up so easily when you get on the telephone? OK you may be on the line for some time. Do you actually pay for your calls? Why have you not grasped the nettle on this and sent E-mails to all the directors of NCL. It is easy to find their addresses. If no reply on the first day, send them again. Stop whinging and just get on with the problem.It really is quite easy

Not sure what contocting means but if is similar to concocting I guess I would take offense to that. If you read the posts I have contacted them several times. That is my whole point. They have the worst customer service department ever.

From Facebook in under 30 minutes....

Isn't this the same type of response the OP originally received from all NCL staff he contacted only to never hear back from any of them?

OP: I have a problem. Can you please help me?

NCL Staff: We are on it. We will call you back.

Crickets chirping

OP: I have a problem. Can you please help me?

NCL Staff: We are on it. We will call you back.

Crickets.....

Edited by NEMMRRC

Not sure what contocting means but if is similar to concocting I guess I would take offense to that. If you read the posts I have contacted them several times. That is my whole point. They have the worst customer service department ever.

May I suggest you add this poster to your "ignore list"? It would likely save you a lot of aggravation. He's clearly just stirring the pot and will only serve to get you more and more pissed off. "Aint nobody got time for that!"

Edited by RickinNYC

I am a big fan of NCL cruise line. But people you need to stop defending them. They have had plenty of time to settle this issue. I think an apology for there screwup is all the OP is looking for. They have not bothered to contact him at all. So if they get any bad press, they deserve it. Also if he desides not to sail NCL so what and tell others not to would not have any negetive affect on me and how many people do you think it will affect. I see that all the time and people and the cruise lines seem to being doing real good. Most people see past that BS. He is not happy with them and he has a right to do what he wants.

Edited by cpj

But it won't be a win-win as OP already stated he'd never cruise with NCL again. NCL is simply 'cutting it's loses' by losing this customer, imo.

Harriet

I previously stated I WOULD NEVER EVR CRUISE CARNIVAL

again. As it turned out circumstances led me to do just that several years later. It ended up being a very positive experience. You know, they say never say never. And OP might just do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree some of the cruise reps I dealt with on NCL seemed to be confused about certain things themselves. While for the most part my experiences have been good there's been a few times when I had issues dealing with them regarding getting refunds on pre-purchased OBC etc.

Great thread reading :rolleyes:

learnt that our cabins on the escape are identical to the op issue with us having 2 x insides and 1 x balcony .

The rep suggested these knowing that we wanted all to be together but didn't point out opening on interiors was opposite to balcony door. I now know what to look for on the deck plans as just like the op I have only been on one cruise so bit of a learning curve.

Sometimes you just trust the 'expert' on the phone Rightly or wrongly lol

learnt that our cabins on the escape are identical to the op issue with us having 2 x insides and 1 x balcony .

The rep suggested these knowing that we wanted all to be together but didn't point out opening on interiors was opposite to balcony door. I now know what to look for on the deck plans as just like the op I have only been on one cruise so bit of a learning curve.

Well at least something good is coming out of this mess! Can you get your cabins changed to fix this?

Tutter go over to their FB page where there are comments about this mess and the FB team has responded. Tell them you just found out you gave the same issue on a booked cruise. See if they can't fix this for you while preserving what ever rate or promo you booked under....

This would be the fair thing to do

JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

It amazes me that they are still doing this.

Only ever known ncl and our first experience with them was very good indeed hence rebooked escape .

I will have a chat with my good lady to see if the layout would bother her - personally wouldn't bother me and then will contact the rep ( so far really nice with us ) to change cabins if need be .

I am just glad we found out now and can make decision unlike the op that had no choice and as we all know life should be full of choices ! :)

Only ever known ncl and our first experience with them was very good indeed hence rebooked escape .

I will have a chat with my good lady to see if the layout would bother her - personally wouldn't bother me and then will contact the rep ( so far really nice with us ) to change cabins if need be .

I am just glad we found out now and can make decision unlike the op that had no choice and as we all know life should be full of choices ! :)

I had a look at the Getaway, sister ship of BA & GA just to get a feel for what you're up against and can see that what they did was put ALL of the inside cabins with INSIDE corridor doors.... DUH. Anyway, I did see what might be a solution, if you look at some of the cabins you'll notice that the Aft facing balconies are pretty much across from inside cabins. I'd be tempted to suggest to your NCL PCC that you should be given (no add'l charge from your current cabins) to resolve the issue with the inside corridor.

I know, I know it sounds complicated but the idea is that your doors would be almost right across the hall from each other.

Sorry for the babble on... :o

I had a look at the Getaway, sister ship of BA & GA just to get a feel for what you're up against and can see that what they did was put ALL of the inside cabins with INSIDE corridor doors.... DUH. Anyway, I did see what might be a solution, if you look at some of the cabins you'll notice that the Aft facing balconies are pretty much across from inside cabins. I'd be tempted to suggest to your NCL PCC that you should be given (no add'l charge from your current cabins) to resolve the issue with the inside corridor.

I know, I know it sounds complicated but the idea is that your doors would be almost right across the hall from each other.

Sorry for the babble on... :o

FWIW...It is INCORRECT to state that all of the inside cabins on Breakaway/Getaway open to interior corridors. IB category insides do not open to an interior corridor.

I have been there more times now then I can count-- the persons to contact are in the public relations department - location in Miami Fla. It does take time up to six weeks, in some cases. But they do get back to you. You can give NCL a call and they will connect you also ask for their email address ( public relations department) .. It works for me -- booked on number 36 and working on number 37 --

FWIW...It is INCORRECT to state that all of the inside cabins on Breakaway/Getaway open to interior corridors. IB category insides do not open to an interior corridor.

Ok, sorry about that. And which Balcony cabins are across the corridor from them? Perhaps moving down to deck 5 would be the solution.

Our only and first cruise cabins were on deck 5 , 5501 & 5503 ncl spirit - we and the kids loved them , the kids thought it was so cool having the cabin nearest the front lol :)

The escape cabins will be great for us too no doubt as cabin location and position do not bother us greatly as were and will be out with the kids anyway.

I really hope ncl and ac miller manage to sort their differences as my only experience with ncl has been one of exceptional standards and service ........virgin atlantic customer service - now that's a different ball game for me as you Americans say :eek:

Ok, sorry about that. And which Balcony cabins are across the corridor from them? Perhaps moving down to deck 5 would be the solution.

My bad :o I didn't realize that you were only talking about insides on decks with balcony cabins. I just assumed that you meant "ALL" insides since it was capitalized.

Just sent an email to it.

So four conversations with guest services on board, three phone calls into the guest relations line, 2 posts on the guest relations post cruse feedback site, conversations with 2 different cruise consultants and still not one conversation with a person with any power to resolve the situation.

Amazing.

And yet never a WRITTEN letter on PAPER, sent the old-fashioned way, which is what I originally suggested.

I may be showing my age because when I refer to writing a letter I mean just that, not e-mails or on-line forms.

Just as an FYI to everybody, e-mails can get "lost" or appear weeks later. They get caught up sometimes in some type of computer routing thingy which I can't remember the word for but it happens. My brother has explained this to me several times but the only thing that "sticks" from the conversation is that e-mails are not to be trusted for very important things. Neither are phone messages left on cell phones...

Anyway, a written letter that is important should be sent so that a signature is required of receipt by the recipient....and then as we all know it can take weeks for a response.

I haven't bothered to send letters this way but I have received responses to various queries up to 3 months later...

And yet never a WRITTEN letter on PAPER, sent the old-fashioned way, which is what I originally suggested.

I may be showing my age because when I refer to writing a letter I mean just that, not e-mails or on-line forms.

Just as an FYI to everybody, e-mails can get "lost" or appear weeks later. They get caught up sometimes in some type of computer routing thingy which I can't remember the word for but it happens. My brother has explained this to me several times but the only thing that "sticks" from the conversation is that e-mails are not to be trusted for very important things. Neither are phone messages left on cell phones...

Anyway, a written letter that is important should be sent so that a signature is required of receipt by the recipient....and then as we all know it can take weeks for a response.

I haven't bothered to send letters this way but I have received responses to various queries up to 3 months later...

Sorry these days e-mails are exactly what the OP needs....a paper trail and proof he has been trying to resolve the issue. Phone calls IMHO do NOT create a paper trail but if you at least get names and times that may help...

This is the new electronic age and anything said on the phone or written by snail mail becomes a "he said, she said or never got that letter"...

I would suggest if this does not get resolved in the next few days that you contact "Chis Elliott" a travel writer and consumer advocate, his team can do wonders and they do it for free!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry these days e-mails are exactly what the OP needs....a paper trail and proof he has been trying to resolve the issue. Phone calls IMHO do NOT create a paper trail but if you at least get names and times that may help...

This is the new electronic age and anything said on the phone or written by snail mail becomes a "he said, she said or never got that letter"...

I would suggest if this does not get resolved in the next few days that you contact "Chis Elliott" a travel writer and consumer advocate, his team can do wonders and they do it for free!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So, you are missing what I said about getting signatures of receipt through the postal service and that e-mails also get "lost"?

And I never mentioned phone calls...

The new electronic age is great when everything works and computers don't crash or get hung up in loops...JS