norwegian = worst customer service department ever

accmiller

Accmiller:

Several months ago a poster was flamed, tortured virtually and roasted by pygmies for having received incorrect information about a suite depositand refund deadline.

The poster, despite his /her near - fatal injuries, hung in there. Seems that the phone calls that very few on CC members believed took place were some of the mysterious calls that were" recorded for quality service purposes" . She had written the dates of her calls down( they booked an expensive Haven cruise but knew that they might have to cancel close to sailing, as I recall) and it turns out the calls were recorded. She was compensated well.

Your credit card statements, which you can pull up on line if you are paperless or have destroyed the paper ones, will show the date that you were charged the $200', you will also have your new confirmation in your email archives or somewhere on your computer with the date that you changed the cabin numbers.

Your call may have been recorded- who knows?

The majority of the comments here support you.why not send a certified letter to mr Sheehan make that resolution Susan call, and ask if they have the recording a of the calls when you provide the info again?

What have you got to lose?

I have to disagree with sea shark that there is anyway to prove that your PCC told you what he said. Why would you even think to ask if the door opens in to the same hallway if this was your first cruise ever?!,,

I have been on several,dozen cruises and would not have thought to ask that question. He should have said" the cabin Is across the hall with access via a separate corridor . Pretty sure that would have received your attention.

Why would the PCC send out a written confirmation before the cruise saying" I confirm that the doors to these cabins open in to the same hallway" when you have no frame of reference and no reason to ask him for said document?

Has anyone here ever asked for some thing like this? A document about something you have never even imagined could be an issue?

Have a great weekend , all

Nora

Sorry to jump in on this thread but advice would be appreciated regarding poor customer service. I am booked on Epic for a 7 night Med cruise in 3 weeks time.

When my TA made the booking we were given a studio cabin number.

On Thursday evening of last week 2nd May I logged into my latitudes account to find my cabin number had been removed and replaced with GTY. Next morning I spoke to my TA who then called NCL UK at 9.15 am. An email was sent to Miami to request another cabin number.

However NCL UK confirmed that the cruise was almost full and that all studio cabins were sold.

I was very upset but told it would be sorted as NCL had no idea how it had happened but it was their responsibility to sort it. I booked this my second cruise in order to try the studio cabin/lounge.

My grief with NCL is that here we are one week on from that email to Miami and so far no response !!

Like. Can't believe this thread wasn't closed days ago.

Why would the thread be closed? So far the OP hasn't heard a peep from NCL and his frustration is understandable. NCL is looking very bad at this point regarding this issue. Some diehard fans have urged him to give up, but to his credit he is sticking to it.

Sorry to jump in on this thread but advice would be appreciated regarding poor customer service. I am booked on Epic for a 7 night Med cruise in 3 weeks time.

When my TA made the booking we were given a studio cabin number.

On Thursday evening of last week 2nd May I logged into my latitudes account to find my cabin number had been removed and replaced with GTY. Next morning I spoke to my TA who then called NCL UK at 9.15 am. An email was sent to Miami to request another cabin number.

However NCL UK confirmed that the cruise was almost full and that all studio cabins were sold.

I was very upset but told it would be sorted as NCL had no idea how it had happened but it was their responsibility to sort it. I booked this my second cruise in order to try the studio cabin/lounge.

My grief with NCL is that here we are one week on from that email to Miami and so far no response !!

So Sorry you must deal with your T/A only .

Your booking belongs to them .

NCL can Not work with you .

Did your T.A. book you into a GTY ?

What does your conformation say your cabin category is ?

Edited by biker@sea

So Sorry you must deal with your T/A only .

Your booking belongs to them .

NCL can Not work with you .

Did your T.A. book you into a GTY ?

What does your conformation say your cabin category is ?

My original booking gives a studio cabin number but on April 24th for some reason no one at NCL can explain is that it was changed to a GTY. Now all the studio cabins are booked so I cannot be allocated one!

My original booking gives a studio cabin number but on April 24th for some reason no one at NCL can explain is that it was changed to a GTY. Now all the studio cabins are booked so I cannot be allocated one!

What is the Cabin Category listed before your cabin # on your confirmation ??

Category T1

Storeroom 11573

O.K.

I just look at a cat T 1 and it was a studio GTY .

You can be reassigned at will by NCL per agreement .

P.S. you will probably do better than the Store Room . LoL

Edited by biker@sea

Accmiller:

Several months ago a poster was flamed, tortured virtually and roasted by pygmies for having received incorrect information about a suite depositand refund deadline.

The poster, despite his /her near - fatal injuries, hung in there. Seems that the phone calls that very few on CC members believed took place were some of the mysterious calls that were" recorded for quality service purposes" . She had written the dates of her calls down( they booked an expensive Haven cruise but knew that they might have to cancel close to sailing, as I recall) and it turns out the calls were recorded. She was compensated well.

Your credit card statements, which you can pull up on line if you are paperless or have destroyed the paper ones, will show the date that you were charged the $200', you will also have your new confirmation in your email archives or somewhere on your computer with the date that you changed the cabin numbers.

Your call may have been recorded- who knows?

The majority of the comments here support you.why not send a certified letter to mr Sheehan make that resolution Susan call, and ask if they have the recording a of the calls when you provide the info again?

What have you got to lose?

I have to disagree with sea shark that there is anyway to prove that your PCC told you what he said. Why would you even think to ask if the door opens in to the same hallway if this was your first cruise ever?!,,

I have been on several,dozen cruises and would not have thought to ask that question. He should have said" the cabin Is across the hall with access via a separate corridor . Pretty sure that would have received your attention.

Why would the PCC send out a written confirmation before the cruise saying" I confirm that the doors to these cabins open in to the same hallway" when you have no frame of reference and no reason to ask him for said document?

Has anyone here ever asked for some thing like this? A document about something you have never even imagined could be an issue?

Have a great weekend , all

Nora

You misunderstand what I said...:rolleyes:

He doesn't have to "ask" about the doors, he said that he was told that the doors open directly across from one another. IF the PCC told him this, then the PCC can simply confirm that to be that case. That would be proof enough, no?

Besides, what they talked about and on what date should be documented in their account. My PCC does this as STANDARD PRACTICE.

Bottom line...this is simply an issue over what the PCC said...if that fact isn't acknowledged, then the complaint has no merit. Which is why the verification is so important.

He doesn't have to "ask" about the doors, he said that he was told that the doors open directly across from one another.

I don't believe he ever said that. I believe he said he was told that the inside cabin was across the hall from his balcony cabin I'm guessing he assumed the doors were across from each other as well. That's what I would normally assume.....but I'd also always check the deck plans and choose my room(s) myself - then tell my PCC which rooms I want.

Harriet

I don't believe he ever said that. I believe he said he was told that the inside cabin was across the hall from his balcony cabin I'm guessing he assumed the doors were across from each other as well. That's what I would normally assume.....but I'd also always check the deck plans and choose my room(s) myself - then tell my PCC which rooms I want.

Harriet

Well, I've used "told doors were directly across from one another" in quite a few posts and the OP has never corrected that statement.

If, as you surmise, he just assumed the doors were across from one another (as opposed to being TOLD this), then the OP has no basis for making a complaint at all. NCL should not have to compensate a passenger for what they assumed.

All we wanted to do was add a room. Anyways we went ahead with it and then our consultant told us since we were putting the kids in the other room it would be safer to give them an inside cabin across the hall instead of a balcony. Seemed to make sense to us so we booked and paid the difference. Well when we go on the ship we found out the inside cabin was indeed across the hall but the door to the inside cabin was not. In order to get to that cabin you basically had to walk all the way down the hall

From the very original post on this thread.

But I realize a lot has been added since...

Edited by NEMMRRC

O.K.

I just look at a cat T 1 and it was a studio GTY .

You can be reassigned at will by NCL per agreement .

P.S. you will probably do better than the Store Room . LoL

Hey! On my first cruise, which was on the Norway I was booked into a broom closet. I would have lovedan upgrade to a store room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused about this statement in the original post

"They still didn't do anything so we had to cram all four of us into a room that was designed for 3 people"

Are you saying the original mini suite you were booked in only had the capacity for 3? If so - how were the 4 of you originally booked in it? The system will not allow 4 passengers to be entered into a cabin with a 3 person occupancy.

Please clarify - thanks!!!!

"They still didn't do anything so we had to cram all four of us into a room that was designed for 3 people"

Are you saying the original mini suite you were booked in only had the capacity for 3? If so - how were the 4 of you originally booked in it? The system will not allow 4 passengers to be entered into a cabin with a 3 person occupancy.

He called and agreed to change from the mini suite that would hold 4 to a balcony cabin and an inside cabin across the hall. The balcony cabin he changed to only held 3 people but they still had the inside cabin as well. They just choose to stay all together in the 3 person balcony cabin because the door to the inside cabin was not facing the door to the balcony cabin.

Harriet

Well, I've used "told doors were directly across from one another" in quite a few posts and the OP has never corrected that statement.

Did you really think he'd correct you when, in fact, he was never told 'the doors were directly across from one another'

If, as you surmise, he just assumed the doors were across from one another (as opposed to being TOLD this), then the OP has no basis for making a complaint at all. NCL should not have to compensate a passenger for what they assumed.

Bingo! He just assumed the doors were across the hall from one another when he was told the rooms were across from each other. Why I always check the deck plans, choose my room(s) and then let my PCC book it.

Harriet

Originally Posted by accmiller

All we wanted to do was add a room. Anyways we went ahead with it and then our consultant told us since we were putting the kids in the other room it would be safer to give them an inside cabin across the hall instead of a balcony. Seemed to make sense to us so we booked and paid the difference. Well when we go on the ship we found out the inside cabin was indeed across the hall but the door to the inside cabin was not. In order to get to that cabin you basically had to walk all the way down the hall

But I realize a lot has been added since...

Yep, again, nothing was ever mentioned about being TOLD that the doors of the inside cabin faced the door of the balcony cabin.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Why would the thread be closed? So far the OP hasn't heard a peep from NCL and his frustration is understandable. NCL is looking very bad at this point regarding this issue. Some diehard fans have urged him to give up, but to his credit he is sticking to it.

LMB -

He's upset that the inside cabin door was not facing his balcony door. He agreed to an inside cabin across the hall from his balcony. He never asked......nor was he ever told......that the doors were facing each other.

Harriet

The original was a larger one that was capable of holding 4. After the change the mini-suite we were assigned only held three.

LMB -

He's upset that the inside cabin door was not facing his balcony door. He agreed to an inside cabin across the hall from his balcony. He never asked......nor was he ever told......that the doors were facing each other.

Harriet

Really? I was told by the NCL representative that the doors did face each other. That was the whole point of having the rooms across the hall right?

You misunderstand what I said...:rolleyes:

He doesn't have to "ask" about the doors, he said that he was told that the doors open directly across from one another. IF the PCC told him this, then the PCC can simply confirm that to be that case. That would be proof enough, no?

Besides, what they talked about and on what date should be documented in their account. My PCC does this as STANDARD PRACTICE.

Bottom line...this is simply an issue over what the PCC said...if that fact isn't acknowledged, then the complaint has no merit. Which is why the verification is so important.

Why would I want rooms across the hall from each other if they didn't have doors that faced each other? What exactly would be the point?

Why would I want rooms across the hall from each other if they didn't have doors that faced each other? What exactly would be the point?

True! However, they never told you the doors were across the hall and you never asked.

Harriet