Breakaway Bermuda 2014

Hmm interesting...did they say why, possibly weather related for Fri?

It could be...but they were doing "abandon ship" exercise for the crew today with the huge life raft.

Maybe they have to do it with the Starboard equipement also

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hmm interesting...did they say why, possibly weather related for Fri?

The Daily says that it will enable them to perform on one of the two Marine Evacuation Systems.

The crew had to go down evacuation chutes today. My steward and butler seemed pretty shaken by this. Definitely not as fun as a pool slide. Both say that they had never had to do this exercise before.

Very cool watching the drills yesterday. Hoping the weather doesn't get too bad.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Breakaway is on it's way back to NY but this time it's picking us up. Can't wait!

Looks like a gorgous day in Bermuda. I love this webcam :)

I got confused after last weeks double docking.

With port this week, is she still following port, port, starboard pattern?

It was a beautiful sunrise arrival as Breakaway approached. I was able to grab this capture off the Port Bermuda Webcam this morning

10506958_737506546310518_8680927812143808978_o.jpg

Great day in Bermuda today. On a catamaran right now. Breakaway is the most beautiful ship I've ever been on. Having one hell of a cruise!!!!

We are going to Calico Jack's tonight :)

Happy Cruising!!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Great day in Bermuda today. On a catamaran right now. Breakaway is the most beautiful ship I've ever been on. Having one hell of a cruise!!!!

Happy Cruising!!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

I thought BA was beautiful too. Loved the color and decor. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Happy Cruising!!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

please give us your comments on calico jacks we whant to do that on night :)

Happy Cruising!!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

We were one of the lucky ones that got diverted to Bermuda over the holiday weekend on the Splendor. It will be interesting to see if they have bar snacks at night. They do not have a menu because there is no food at all. Not even bar snacks. She said they have all the regular drinks. Two rum swizzles were $18.50, 1 dark rum & diet coke and a Miller Lite was $12.50. We had fun watching "adult kids" doing shots and jumping from the ship.

The first photo is taken from the balcony of the Splendor docked at Heritage Wharf.

P1040396.JPG

P1040405.JPG

P1040408.JPG

You can jump from the 2nd deck and swim near the "pirate ship".

P1040406.JPG

Can't wait to see what Robin can add about the night scene at Calico Jack's....and also about the catamaran!

Edited by peg013

Happy Cruising!!!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

AWESOME! Keep on keeping on :)

Great day in Bermuda today ...

~Robin

Time flies, isn't it :D TGIF but in your case, it's "oh, no" can I stay longer ... LOL.

How was the ride out to BDA? How's the internet - BDI's paid WiFi speed usable as reported or using BA's new MB plan instead? Enjoyed the scenic ride to St. George's and thru the Hamilton harbor at night on a cool evening, etc. We expect a full report later on. OKay, just kidding & enjoy the islands. ;)

Time flies, isn't it :D TGIF but in your case, it's "oh, no" can I stay longer ... LOL.

How was the ride out to BDA? How's the internet - BDI's paid WiFi speed usable as reported or using BA's new MB plan instead? Enjoyed the scenic ride to St. George's and thru the Hamilton harbor at night on a cool evening, etc. We expect a full report later on. OKay, just kidding & enjoy the islands. ;)

Thanks! The ride to Bermuda was a bit rocky. 8 ft waves and some nice swells, but that made it even more fun.

We only used the iConcierge wifi to text, which was very spotty. Didn't buy any MB plan. Sorry. I didn't use my phone except to take pics and text my family.

The ferry to St. George was awesome. Loved the town very much. Walked around St. Peter's Church and the Unfinished Church.

Never purchased the island wifi either. We just weren't interested enough to connect. Not even my 18 y.o.son felt the need.

Horseshoe Beach was the highlight for us. Walking the South Shore beaches was just perfect.

Can't wait to sail Breakaway to Bermuda again!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

July 16th and she's docked on the starboard side @ 7:40 Bermuda time.

Well, the Captain is mixing it up this week, starboard is off pattern. She should be port side today and starboard for next week, if she was following the pattern.

Since May 9th it's been:

Port

Port

Starboard

Repeat

Edited by ImADaneFan

July 16th and she's docked on the starboard side @ 7:40 Bermuda time.

Well, the Captain is mixing it up this week, starboard is off pattern. She should be port side today and starboard for next week, if she was following the pattern.

Since May 9th it's been:

Port

Port

Starboard

Repeat

Thank you ImADaneFan :)

I would have thought it was going to be port side docking today. We were port side last week.

Either way you can't go wrong.

Have fun in Bermuda to all those aboard BA and Summit :)

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day