Legend returns off season 18 day repositioning to Honolulu

jimbo5544

Carnival confirmed that the Legend will return from Australia with a 18-day repositioning voyage leaves Sydney on April 20, 2015, calling at ports in Fiji and Tahiti before arriving in Honolulu. Where will she go from there?

There will be an 18-day repositioning voyage from Honolulu to Sydney on September 26, 2015, when Carnival Legend returns to Australia for a second 2015/16 season.

Good stuff!:)

If I had to hazard a guess -- I'd say Alaska. It's interesting :)

I would agree. Leaving the Miracle to do her Long Beach itineraries year round, instead of seasonally. Don't think Carnival would put two ships in Alaska, but you never know!!

Edited by Jamman54

I would agree. Leaving the Miracle to do her Long Beach itineraries year round, instead of seasonally. Don't think Carnival would put two ships in Alaska, but you never know!!

Interesting. I don't know whether California could support another full time ship in Long Beach, It was a pricey experiment with the Splendor (having to sail her around South America twice (I know the Legend fits through the canal).

Would love to see them expand itineraries (both coasts).

I would be interested in the cruise from xx to Honolulu Sept 2015!

Currently we are thinking of doing the Miracle repo from Vancouver, but would be nice to have a 2nd option!

Hopefully these itins will be posted soon?

Jenn :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I had to hazard a guess -- I'd say Alaska. It's interesting :)

I agree with this...looks like it will do the Alaska season.

Also, the repos to and from Honolulu will end and start in Vancouver to satisfy PVSA regulations.

So ... Does anyone remember what the one-way Carnival Hawaii itins from Vancouver consist of? I think they used to do them a few years ago?

Based on what others have posted here, assuming Legend goes to Alaska after returning from Australia, it would then do a one way cruise to Honolulu in Sept after the season and continue on to Sydney from there.

I am really hoping for an itinerary that has 5 days in Hawaii including Kauai and an overnight in Maui! Surprisingly, that combination is not available so far on the other cruise lines (except for NCL which I'm not super interested in).

C'mon Carnival - release the rest of 2015!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds to me like the Miracle is going back to Tampa and the Legend will do Alaska during the summer.

Maybe the Inspiration or Imagination will perform the 7 night, Mexican Riviera itinerary. I've suspected this ever since Carnival placed two ships doing the same exact itinerary in LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Doubt that Alaska is > than long beach. Ncl has 2 or 3 ships in Alaska do carnival is behind

I don't want to go on a 7 day cruise on the Paradise, a ship badly in need of a face left. Balconies on Fantasy class are too expensive.

I would be surprised if it goes anywhere but Tampa, but we will see.

How much longer do you thing CCL will keep the older Fantasy Class ships like Paradise? I know people still book her, but in the age of "I want more!", I'm not sure how long that is going to be the case. :confused:

How much longer do you thing CCL will keep the older Fantasy Class ships like Paradise? I know people still book her, but in the age of "I want more!", I'm not sure how long that is going to be the case. :confused:

While there have been rumors on the beginning of the exodus of the Fantasy class, specifically the blanketed for sale (been suggested here as a blind add from some sale sites) of the Fantasy, I would be surprised to see a large movement of these ships (and the Paradise is close to the more recent of this class of ship) out of the "family". Reason is they have nothing to replace them with and they still have good demand. The one drawback is balconies, which they have added to a couple of this class.

Carnival confirmed that the Legend will return from Australia with a 18-day repositioning voyage leaves Sydney on April 20, 2015, calling at ports in Fiji and Tahiti before arriving in Honolulu. Where will she go from there?

There will be an 18-day repositioning voyage from Honolulu to Sydney on September 26, 2015, when Carnival Legend returns to Australia for a second 2015/16 season.

Good stuff!:)

More input.

Is Hawaii just a destination and debarkation, or will it include a 7 day tour around our 50th state?

Doubt that Alaska is > than long beach. Ncl has 2 or 3 ships in Alaska do carnival is behind

NCL just has NCL (and NCLH). CCL has Carnival, and the two premier Alaska cruise lines, Holland American and Princess.

Cruise lines have to bid for Alaska routes.

At least until a soft market for cruise ships firms up and CCL can get a good price.

More input.

Is Hawaii just a destination and debarkation, or will it include a 7 day tour around our 50th state?

Good questions. They have not announced where she will be going, only that she was coming back stateside. Carnival cannot (nor can any cruise ship except NCL pride of Aloha) just do a sailing around the islands. All cruise ships must have a foreign port of call stop.

My guess is that she will leave Hawaii and head back to the mainland with a stop in either Vancouver or Ensenada (or do a couple of other trips of the above) before going to her summer home (my guess on that would be Tampa or stay in Long Beach OR Alaska and send the Miracle eastbound).

At least until a soft market for cruise ships firms up and CCL can get a good price.

Wonder what a good price would be? I could always close out my 401K and retirement:D:confused::eek:

Carnival can't do cruises around the island without touching a foreign port. I forget what the law is called but only a ship registered in the US and following US labor laws and paying higher taxes can do that. Ncl is the only line with a ship registered in the US

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk