I wish Carnival would charge a fee and let me bring my own booze!

Tutontow

I wish Carnival would charge me a fee such as $40.00 and allow me to bring up to one liter of my favorite booze on board.

It could be as simple as you pay online and then print some sort of a form showing you are allowed to bring your one bottle on board.

Go to Carnivals website and find where you can buy litre bottles direct through them to have the liquor waiting for you in your cabin upon arrival.

http://www.carnival.com/Funshops?icid=CC_ccl-already-booked-TFS-text-footer_1259

Their selection is very limited. The OP's proposal would work for those liquors Carnival doesn't carry or sell.

It used to be that you could purchase liquor in the duty free shops during the cruise and take it directly to your room.

Later they offered something like a bottle of Bacardi to be waiting in your room for around $30.

Now, that same bottle of Bacardi for your room is $70! Are you kidding me? They charge the same for Bacardi as they do Gran Marnier. Sheesh!

I think it's greed, pure and simple, but that's just me.

I smuggle and will continue to smuggle. We still purchase lots and lots of drinks from the bars, but come on - I like to have a cocktail in my room once in a while. One 5th of rum lasts two of us a week on board, and our bar bills are well over $1000 for a week. They get our money. We gladly give it to them! But I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $70 on a bottle of rum. So there! LOL

Edited by Taters

You must remember that years ago when they allowed you to bring liquor back to your room that you purchased, cruise prices were much higher... They have lowered the cruise price, but started charging more for drinks, specialty rest. etc.... Drinks used to be cheap on a cruise, but you paid a higher fare then you do today... The people who dont drink ( or dont drink much) and dont eat at the specialty restuarants make out under this system..

Their selection is very limited. The OP's proposal would work for those liquors Carnival doesn't carry or sell.

So far you are the only one who got my point. I wasn't clear enough. I tried to buy a bottle of Woodford Reserve through Bon Voyage. I couldn't do it, at least not on The Legend.

I fully understand how much money they make on liquor sales and I use Bon Voyage everytime I sail. My point is drinking Woodford on my balcony would have been a real treat as opposed to Jack Black or Bombay Sapphire.

I paid $80.00 for the Bombay and quite frankly it didn't bother me that much to pay that kind of money for a $20.00 bottle of liquor. I still came out ahead as opposed to buying it a drink a time at the bar.

If they would let me pay $40.00 or $60.00 and let me bring my own Woodford on I would gladly do it.

when you purchase something from bon voyoge where does it show up? I ordered something to be placed in my room on the first day and I can find it no where and I did not recieve and email even though I was asked for my email address?

It used to be that you could purchase liquor in the duty free shops during the cruise and take it directly to your room.

Later they offered something like a bottle of Bacardi to be waiting in your room for around $30.

Now, that same bottle of Bacardi for your room is $70! Are you kidding me? They charge the same for Bacardi as they do Gran Marnier. Sheesh!

I smuggle and will continue to smuggle. We still purchase lots and lots of drinks from the bars, but come on - I like to have a cocktail in my room once in a while. One 5th of rum lasts two of us a week on board, and our bar bills are well over $1000 for a week. They get our money. We gladly give it to them! But I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $70 on a bottle of rum. So there! LOL

And I'll bet the companies that sell rum runners appreciate your business.;) I wonder if Carnival sells rum runners, but under a different company name? It wouldn't surprise me.

I

The only reason I don't smuggle is because it would be a pure sin to see my precious Woodford Reserve being poured down the drain if I got caught.

Have you ever seen a grown man bawl like a baby?

I hear ya! I have smuggled before and wouldn't look down on anyone who does. I just decided this time to not worry about it being taken and paid out the a$% for some booze. I'm sure I will have some frozen drinkies too.

I'm just ready to go now!

when you purchase something from bon voyoge where does it show up? I ordered something to be placed in my room on the first day and I can find it no where and I did not recieve and email even though I was asked for my email address?

I ordered vodka and FTTF and only the FTTF showed up on my booking. I did receive emails confirming both though. I called and she said that the liquor wouldn't be on the booking that it was ordered differently. I will be taking the email confirming the purchase though.

The only reason I don't smuggle is because it would be a pure sin to see my precious Woodford Reserve being poured down the drain if I got caught.

Have you ever seen a grown man bawl like a baby?

I haven't been caught yet. I brought premixed Black Russians and enjoyed them on my balcony with a bit of ice. Rum Runners for the win!

I wish Carnival would charge me a fee such as $40.00 and allow me to bring up to one liter of my favorite booze on board.

It could be as simple as you pay online and then print some sort of a form showing you are allowed to bring your one bottle on board.

Wouldn't affect me. We usually bring 3 liters of booze in rumrunners and it doesn't cost anything extra.

I'm so with you! I hate the tequila selection and I don't like to order vodka because it almost always gives me a headache. I don't care about the prices that much but I do with they'd get a better selection of tequilas or let me bring my own.

I'm so with you! I hate the tequila selection and I don't like to order vodka because it almost always gives me a headache. I don't care about the prices that much but I do with they'd get a better selection of tequilas or let me bring my own.

I tried to contact John Heald with this idea and I didn't see any kind of a response. I posted here hoping someone from Carnival might see this idea and run with it. Think about it, it would be an easy way for Carnival to make more money and they wouldn't even have to stock the booze.

I agree, this would be an awesome idea. There is such a wide variety of types of drinks and brands, etc. Why not charge a flat fee for people to bring a bottle of they're preferred poison?

I ordered vodka and FTTF and only the FTTF showed up on my booking. I did receive emails confirming both though. I called and she said that the liquor wouldn't be on the booking that it was ordered differently. I will be taking the email confirming the purchase though.

Correct, BV purchase won't show up on your booking. Also don't be too worried if it isn't waiting for you in your room since you're FTFF.

In January I ordered a bottle via BV and had only email confirmations. Bottle showed up while we were out for the muster drill if I remember correctly.

Do bring the printed out email though just in case you get checked by Customs. I'd think you needn't declare the BV liquor if any were left since it was purchased in the US, and the email order confirmation should serve as your proof. Just conjecture though, haven't been searched yet.

Correct, BV purchase won't show up on your booking. Also don't be too worried if it isn't waiting for you in your room since you're FTFF.

In January I ordered a bottle via BV and had only email confirmations. Bottle showed up while we were out for the muster drill if I remember correctly.

Do bring the printed out email though just in case you get checked by Customs. I'd think you needn't declare the BV liquor if any were left since it was purchased in the US, and the email order confirmation should serve as your proof. Just conjecture though, haven't been searched yet.

In Tampa, our BV purchases were waiting for us when we boarded the ship. In Texas they deliver it the next day.

You are correct that you do not need to declare your unfinished bottles. I always bring back half empties.

Did you post on his FB? I've posted twice about the tequila selection and he said he'd bring it up with the Beards. I don't think the Beards drink much tequila. Sadly. :(

Yes I did.

Just bring it anyway. We do, and have never had a problem.