Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

Yes that was me on Eclipse this May on the 2nd sailing after the drink prices increased and the classic package inclusions reduced. It took about 4-5 days for Celebrity to reverse the cuts due to the negative publicity on here and on their facebook site.

We are back on Eclipse in 5 weeks so I will again have a keen eye on any changes and will report back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really looking forward to your report on the Elipse cruise...Enjoy!

Yes that was me on Eclipse this May on the 2nd sailing after the drink prices increased and the classic package inclusions reduced. It took about 4-5 days for Celebrity to reverse the cuts due to the negative publicity on here and on their facebook site.

We are back on Eclipse in 5 weeks so I will again have a keen eye on any changes and will report back.

Kevin,

Will you be reporting back on this thread or should I (we) be looking for a new thread?

We're sailing on the Eclipse in February and I think your comments are very spot on.

So thanks in advance.

I have been reading this thread with interest. We have booked for the western Med cruise 30th August next year, having been on Eclipse before (and loved it)! I have just come off the phone to my TA whom we booked the cruise with and she has assured me that the classic drinks package is as it was when I booked a few months ago. i e my Johnny Walker Red is still there, as is my wife's Bombay Saphire. The TA has downloaded a comprehensive list of the drinks included, from their trade site, and is going to forward it to me. I will report back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, I'm glad I opened this thread. tHought it was another drink thread and was going to scroll-on-by.

I'm pleased to see that smoothies are included - YAY! Hubby was going to upgrade just for the smoothies! I thought that previously miller genuine draft was included on the classic. oh well, hubby will survive.

The only thing I find a bit disappointing is the selection of wines on the classic. I prefer cabs and there isn't a great selection. If I'm not happy once onboard, i will upgrade then.

thanks to everyone who made the effort to post this newest info.

I have been reading this thread with interest. We have booked for the western Med cruise 30th August next year, having been on Eclipse before (and loved it)! I have just come off the phone to my TA whom we booked the cruise with and she has assured me that the classic drinks package is as it was when I booked a few months ago. i e my Johnny Walker Red is still there, as is my wife's Bombay Saphire. The TA has downloaded a comprehensive list of the drinks included, from their trade site, and is going to forward it to me. I will report back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You'll be fine. We were on the Equinox just a few weeks after Kevin's reports came flowing through on the price hikes and thanks to him we were able to raise the issue on CC and Facebook. Celebrity relented and upped the limits on the Classic package. And the package we ad was therefore fantastic and exactly as we had originally booked .

I am disappointed that Baileys was taken out of the Classic package. It is my favorite after dinner drink.

Ya but it sort of makes sense... Now all the Apperitifs, Digestifs, and Liqueurs are on the Premium List

For us that just makes another reason that the upgrade is our obvious choice

Cheers!

Here is the official list posted by Celebrity late May this year. Baileys is included. 4bfddf6afd6f0d24835a2040fd2f5be3.jpg

Some of the classic lists posted earlier didn't have page 2 displayed which is where the Baileys is found.

Edited by Pushka

Here is the official list posted by Celebrity late May this year. Baileys is included. 4bfddf6afd6f0d24835a2040fd2f5be3.jpg

Some of the classic lists posted earlier didn't have page 2 displayed which is where the Baileys is found.

You are entirely correct and Im not sure why my post didnt have page 2. Baileys is good to go!

You are entirely correct and Im not sure why my post didnt have page 2. Baileys is good to go!

You are the hero of the saga and should feel no need to apologise. :p. I just wanted to correct some misinformation here as Baileys was one of the drinks I'd raised back in May after your first warning.

Kevin,

Will you be reporting back on this thread or should I (we) be looking for a new thread?

We're sailing on the Eclipse in February and I think your comments are very spot on.

So thanks in advance.

Kevin

Did you miss this question?

Kevin

Did you miss this question?

Hi, I didnt miss it, I saw it, made a mental note to respond and then forgot........DOH, sorry. I will report back on this thread to keep everything in one place. I will try and get more bar menu photos too.