Diamond Plus Perk Gifts?

Just made Diamond Plus and have to choose new gift. Use to just get a bottle of water each as Diamond. What's now the best choice? Is it a small bottle of wine? What are the towels like?

Log into your My Cruises account in Royal's website and look in your Profile under Gift Preferences. There are many choices.

Log into your My Cruises account in Royal's website and look in your Profile under Gift Preferences. There are many choices.
I'm doing the same Bob, but what I don't understand is the difference between 'SR' and 'DR' that is the prefix against a lot of the beverages in the Bonus Gift Preferences.

I'm doing the same Bob, but what I don't understand is the difference between 'SR' and 'DR' that is the prefix against a lot of the beverages in the Bonus Gift Preferences.

That's for Stateroom delivery or Dining room delivery for the wine bottles.

I think that's a holdover from when they charged corkage fee for any wine bottle you brought into the dining room. Now that you can bring bottles to the MDR without getting charged (as long as they came from the ship), they can probably do away with the DR/SR designation.

Edited by clarea

Being diamond plus myself, we opted for the wine, it gets delivered to our table and is a full bottle. You can update your preference at any time, so one cruise you can get the wine and change it for next cruise, hope this helps.

Cruising is wicked awesome

That's for Stateroom delivery or Dining room delivery for the wine bottles.

I think that's a holdover from when they charged corkage fee for any wine bottle you brought into the dining room. Now that you can bring bottles to the MDR without getting charged (as long as they came from the ship), they can probably do away with the DR/SR designation.

That's great to know Bob, thanks. Now that means we can have a bottle each sent to the dining room, no need for a 7 bottle wine & dine package now, just a 5 bottle.

That's great to know Bob, thanks. Now that means we can have a bottle each sent to the dining room, no need for a 7 bottle wine & dine package now, just a 5 bottle.

If you are linked with someone, and sharing the same stateroom, then there's only one gift per "relationship".

The towels from the past were very nice. I have several of them. I changed our preferences to the towels for Spring Break cruise with our grandkids so that they could have them. (DH and I were booked into separate cabins each with one GK.) What we received was a note from the LA that there were none on board and asking us to pick something else.

We ended up with two tote bags per cabin. They were pretty nice but I was disappointed that we couldn't get the beach towels.

Just made Diamond Plus and have to choose new gift. Use to just get a bottle of water each as Diamond. What's now the best choice? Is it a small bottle of wine? What are the towels like?

I got one of the towels as my selected gift in March. Pretty nice but thin.

13975350010_72ac53635c_b.jpg

LOL, thought as much, sounded like too much of a good thing!

Just checking the gifts- if you are ok with the Los Ricos- gift one is a white or red of one of those, and then gift 2 can be a nicer bottle.

The call it "house white" or "house red"....

I am an Emerald; under gift preference was water, juice, regular Sprite or Coke and Diet Sprite or Coke....guess Emerald doesn't get totes, towels etc.

Those choices start at Diamond Plus.

I am assuming there is more to it than just a towel?

Which perks are really worth the cruise line loyalty? Been on 14 cruises but hop from one cruise line to the other, so never had any of these perks...

I am assuming there is more to it than just a towel?

Which perks are really worth the cruise line loyalty? Been on 14 cruises but hop from one cruise line to the other, so never had any of these perks...

Here are the lists of benefits:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

The balcony discount is probably the most beneficial financially.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for all the info. I signed up for the towel, but I think hubby signed up for wine. Either will be fine, think we're doing Chops so if we get wine we'll just take it there to enjoy. Thin beach towels are nice because they dry quickly in the sun. Use to have a pool and kept a supply of thin beach towels, kids would swim, I'd hang all the towels on the fence, they'd dry, I'd fold and stack and they always thought they were getting fresh towels. Worked great

Since we only go to the MDR only some of the time, we get our wine delivered to the state room and then the night we decide to eat in the MDR I just carry it there with the card delivered with it so they know it was a gift from RCI so not to charge me the corkage fee.

The towel we got in November was oversized and came with a blow up pillow you slide into it. Great for the beach.

Since we bought the drink package no need for a bottle of wine.

And with the CL and DL wine is readily available.

my 2 cents

Remember the gifts are tokens.

They wont give you the keys to the ship:D

We chose the wine on our recent cruise because it was a long one and we wanted to leave what little room we had in our suitcases for other souvenirs. Here are some photos of the amenities:

">13231872005_2468617207.jpg

">13231873765_13d7b5b7be.jpg

Those choices start at Diamond Plus.

Well they would!!

We got a pile of stuff the first time we returned to Carnival (Gold status on second trip) - Tote, hats, pens, wallets, pins + other stuff. Nice gesture for your immediate loyalty. :)

Well they would!!

We got a pile of stuff the first time we returned to Carnival (Gold status on second trip) - Tote, hats, pens, wallets, pins + other stuff. Nice gesture for your immediate loyalty. :)

Interesting............we got absolutely nothing upon our return.:(

Well they would!!

We are Platinum on Carnival and get virtually NOTHING and you are saying they gave you multiple hats and other stuff after one cruise? Carnival has cut benefits so much and with terrible entertainment, we have limited our choices to RCCL and Celebrity!