JaxPort & Carnival Agree to Continue...

The article says there will be itineraries that include Key West. I can't find any that leave from Jacksonville:-( Anybody know if there are plans to add some itneraries that include it? Wish they would add it to Charleston itineraries too

Now if we can just get deeper waters for bigger ships. :)

http://www.news4jax.com/news/jaxport-carnival-agree-to-extend-cruise-service/26016690

Of course this won't happen until Jax builds a new Terminal on the other side of the bridge. Carnival however, could replace the Fascination with a Spirit Class ship. The 1st ship sailing from Jax was the Miracle.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

The article says there will be itineraries that include Key West. I can't find any that leave from Jacksonville:-( Anybody know if there are plans to add some itneraries that include it? Wish they would add it to Charleston itineraries too

The Fascination does have some routes that include Key West. DW and I have sailed Fascination from Jax 5 times and 2 of those went to Key West.

Now if we can just get deeper waters for bigger ships. :)

http://www.news4jax.com/news/jaxport-carnival-agree-to-extend-cruise-service/26016690

I like to cruise out of Jacksonville. This is good news.

Jacksonville has a nice airport and it is a short flight for me. Embarkation is always a breeze at Jacksonville. And Jacksonville seems to attract a nice cruising clientele.

I agree that it would be nice if a different ship would call in Jacksonville though. Fascination is a nice ship, but it has been there a long time.

Of course this won't happen until Jax builds a new Terminal on the other side of the bridge. Carnival however, could replace the Fascination with a Spirit Class ship. The 1st ship sailing from Jax was the Miracle.

No idea the Miracle sailed out of Jax.

Love that ship

Would be nice to see another ship there

I did not think the depth was a issue I thought the bridge was the issue.

Bigger Ships won't fit under the bridge.

maybe I'm wrong

I thought that the power lines were the issue! :o

Although there's nothing really wrong with the Fascination, it would be nice if they swapped her out. Having sailed on her 4 times, one of the reasons holding me back from sailing from Jax again is because I'd prefer to try other ships and cruise lines instead of sailing on the same ship over and over for the sake of convenience. A new itinerary wouldn't hurt either. They could even do 7 nighters to Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel like NCL did at one point from Charleston.

Edited by Tapi

• 3 weeks later...

I was at work and didn't get to finish my post...but, and this may be old news, but one of my engineers who is over the central florida area was telling me today that another engineer we work with at Canaveral said there are plans in the works for:

1) a larger ship to come to the Port and

2) they are wanting to build a "resort" type hotel(s) near the cruise terminals to entice cruisers to come and spend some time there a few days before or after their cruise. It will include nice hotels, restaurants and "Nasa" type rides. Sounded interesting.