Which of these two Eastern Caribbean cruise should I go for?

bzzztobee

This is gonna be my 2nd Caribbean cruise with CCL. I'll be traveling with my family in July (3 adults and 1 teen) and we are down to deciding between these two Eastern Caribbean cruises from Carnival.

1) 7 Day Eastern Caribbeanfrom Miami, FL

aboard : Carnival Conquest

Sails to : Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk

2) 8 Day Eastern Caribbean

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

aboard : Carnival Freedom

Sails to : St. Maarten, NA; St Kitts, WI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk

Based on your past experiences with these 2 ships and the ports you've visited, which cruise should we opt for? What matter most to us are:

1) the choice of itinerary

2)quality of food on board (as we are all foodies)

Any feedback you can throw in about these 2 cruises will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by bzzztobee

If itinerary is the most important to you and you have never been to Half Moon Cay, I would really consider the Conquest cruise. Both cruises, in my opinion, have great ports though and 8 days is always better than 7 !!

I can't comment on the food part as I haven't been on the Conquest, only the Freedom. Have fun, whichever one you choose !

Tough one: The food will be the food, cruise ship, feeding the masses. Some complain but I never leave hungry!

Check out the tour options on this site, what are your interest maybe break it down that way. If not go with the longer sailing, I did it 4 years ago what a treat having an extra day, any day on board is great to me!!

Have an amazing time either way

Tough one.

I've never cruised on the Freedom but I've never been to St Kitts so that would be nice because it's a new port to me.

However I've been on the Conquest and enjoyed it so much. One night they didn't close the hot tubs when they were supposed to so I watched a Dive in Movie while sitting in one. It was great. HMC is one of my favorite ports. The beach and water is so beautiful and it's so relaxing.

Freedom! To me St. Maarten & St. Kitts are better ports than St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay. I honestly think St. Kitts is the most beautiful island in the Caribbean.

Freedom is also the newer ship, and was just recently upgraded.

We did S Caribbean a couple of years ago on the Victory. We had no plans for St Kitts - we ended up at Cockleshell beach hanging out at Lion's Beach Bar. It was our best beach day EVER. St. Kitts is now our favorite island. Can't wait to get back there!

Freedom over Conquest

Half Moon (awesome powder sand and nice how Carnival provides grilled lunch on island)and St. Thomas (Magen's beach) over St. Maarten (our favorite port) and St. Kitts

Food the same

I would choose the Freedom. Love the ship and that itinerary is one day longer. Plus I would prefer an itinerary without the Bahamas, though not a deal breaker. If you do choose the first one, HMC is beautiful.

Freedom without a doubt. Just came from dry dock and the route looks great to me

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Same here. Freedom is a great ship, have been on her twice pre 2.0 upgrade. Going back on her in 2/2015. Also St. Marteen, St. Kits and Grand Turk are 3 of our favorite ports.

Edited by WindsorFred

I have not been on either ship, but have done the hmc, st Thomas, grand turk and san juan twice and LOVE it so much thinking of doing the same itinerary again!

I have not been to St Kits it is the only one I have not been to.

Have great time!

We loved the Freedom. Just the right fit for us. Honestly I'd take 8 nights over 7 to anywhere. I prefer Eastern and both of those sound great. We love using St Thomas to get to St John ( our fav island). We loved food on the Freedom in 2011. Food on the Legend 4/2014 was pretty bad! Just saying same menu NOT the same quality.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Flip a coin - either itinerary is good. As other poster pointed out - depends on what you want to do for shore excursions. Half Moon Cay sandy beach is to die for but not a lot of other things to do esp if it's windy.

Freedom just had upgrades for food places (Guy's burgers, Blue Iguana etc).

I'd pick the longer cruise ...... for no other reason than it's a longer cruise. {*_*}

Carnival is not the cruise line for foodies, but that's a separate subject.

I'd pick the Freedom. 8 days, and I'd prefer to visit St Kitts and St. Maarten. Plus the extra day is always a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much for all the help guys!!! I took all of your advices into consideration and booked our cruise on the Carnival Freedom. I know both itineraries are great but I've already been to HMC and have heard so many great things about St-Marteen so i went with the longer cruise. I'm counting down the days already !! :)

This is gonna be my 2nd Caribbean cruise with CCL. I'll be traveling with my family in July (3 adults and 1 teen) and we are down to deciding between these two Eastern Caribbean cruises from Carnival.

Sails to : Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Based on your past experiences with these 2 ships and the ports you've visited, which cruise should we opt for? What matter most to us are:

Any feedback you can throw in about these 2 cruises will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Both would work for me, but if I could chose one over the other it would be the second one because;

8 days is better than 7.

Freedom has a serenity deck, and conquest doesnt.

Freedom will have the new menus/american table starting in June, which I am beginning to look forward to now that they have tweaked it a bit, but for some this may be a reason not to choose it.

Also I would love to go to St Kitts.

You should make a pro and con list for each. Whichever you chose, have a great cruise.

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Thanks!

Between the two I would choose Freedom; it's an 8 day vs 7. Half Moon Cay makes it a tough call though; if both were 7 days then Half Moon Cay would be my choice.

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Thanks!

Eight Days is always better than Seven days. The Freedom is one of my all time favorite Carnival ships. The Dream. The Freedom. The Glory. It is a Great ship. Great Crew. Just had all of the bells and whistles put on it.

Edited by AmberTeka