Question about tables at the main dining room?

bzzztobee

We booked our upcoming cruise on the Carnival Freedom and have chosen the Your Time Dining for the MDR. We are actually thinking about changing it to one of the traditional set time dining as we prefer having the same waiter every night. However, we are a group of 4 traveling and would prefer to have a dining room table of 4 to ourselves and not having to sit with other people we dont know. My question is how likely will we be getting a table just for the four of us with set time dining vs anytime dining? Or is there a way to request for it ?

With your time dining you can request and get the same server every night. We did this on the Miracle and got to know our servers quite well and there really was no wait either. Plus by doing it this way you can also get your four top table. I don't know the odds for getting a four top with set time dining.

With your time dining you can request and get the same server every night. We did this on the Miracle and got to know our servers quite well and there really was no wait either. Plus by doing it this way you can also get your four top table. I don't know the odds for getting a four top with set time dining.

We did the same thing on the Elation last year after our experience the 2nd night. We loved our wait staff so much that we requested them for every meal the remainder of the cruise. We also requested a table for 2 after being sat at an 8 top the first breakfast. I don't care to sit with complete strangers for meals, I meet people in other areas of the ship. Our second cruise will go much smoother now that we are aware of what we can ask for. :)

I don't know how it is for four people (or more), but we had Your Time Dining on our last cruise, and it was just the two of us. We typically arrived at about the same time each evening, between 6:00 - 6:15. Although we didn't always have the same table, we were always seated in the same area and had the same wait staff without asking. To increase your chances of getting the same wait staff each evening, along with requesting them, try to arrive at about the same time each evening.

You can still stick with anytime dining and request the same waitstaff each night. That's what we do and it works out every time. There are plenty of booths too, so if you switch to traditional dining it's very likely that the 4 of you will be seated that way, but never know.

When I had your time dining on the Freedom, I always got a 2 top table as requested and always the same great wait staff. I did always go to the dining room early though (between 5.45 and 6.15 ). Im not sure that you would always be able to get the same wait staff if you go later when it gets busier, but it is possible. I dont see a problem getting a table to yourselves.

They will only seat you with others if you ask to be. I love your time dining now and would not like to go back to traditional.

We loved our wait staff so much that we requested them for every meal the remainder of the cruise.

We did that last cruise too..we'd go up for breakfast in the morning and ask to sit in a particular server's area because we really liked him. :) I can't remember his name now, but he was a Phillipino guy, very sweet. Always took good care of us.

When we did anytime dining last year on the Legend, after the first evening, the hostess asked if we wanted the same servers and also whether we wanted to sit alone or share a table. Marjan from Croatia was a wonderful waiter and we were thrilled to have him take care of us the rest of the cruise. The last night, we were the first two at the table and he offered to bring us a cheese plate while we waited. I think anytime dining provides an exceptional experience.

Shouldn't be a problem getting a table for 4. Most of the time if you book together and do the traditional time that's what you get unless requesting a large table.

I think this is the opposite. I think if you dont actually request it, you will be seated with others (a table for 8 or 10). You have to request a small table with traditional dining

I think this is the opposite. I think if you dont actually request it, you will be seated with others (a table for 8 or 10). You have to request a small table with traditional dining

Of all our cruises when traveling as a family of 4, we have always received a 4 top for traditional dining. No special request was needed.

Of all our cruises when traveling as a family of 4, we have always received a 4 top for traditional dining. No special request was needed.

just read Lennythenose response and said they were put in a large table until they asked for a table for 4. So I guess it is different on different ships or just random

just read Lennythenose response and said they were put in a large table until they asked for a table for 4. So I guess it is different on different ships or just random

Who knows. It has been that way for us on all of our Carnival cruises - Conquest twice, Valor, Liberty, and Glory. Seems to me that they would rather put a group of 4 together at a small table and put the more "odd" number of guests at the big ones. Like last week on Glory. We were a group of 3 and got put at an 8 top.

I think it would be pretty awkward to be sharing a booth with strangers vs a larger table. But that's just me.