Cirque de Soleil on the Breakaway

How early would you say to get there? I would like my 7 yr old granddaughter to be able to get an unobstructed view.

Thanks!

Christina

buy premium tickets and get there at least 30 minutes early. Ask for a seat around the stage. She might not be tall enough to have a good view from the balcony

I agree to get there plenty early (30-45 minutes should be plenty). They sat all of the children in the seats at the stage end of the tables closest to the stage, from what I could see at my showing, but they probably need to see you there to know that there are kids who need those seats.

How early would you say to get there? I would like my 7 yr old granddaughter to be able to get an unobstructed view.

Thanks!

Christina

️ You know you're a cruise addict:

If you know what DOtD and OBC mean.

If you enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

If you are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!)

The Cirque show on the Breakaway is different than the Epic Circque show - We loved them both!

If you are staying in the Haven, your concierge will take you in early - otherwise, I heard some cruisers got in line 25-30 minutes before the show.

I agree to get there plenty early (30-45 minutes should be plenty). They sat all of the children in the seats at the stage end of the tables closest to the stage, from what I could see at my showing, but they probably need to see you there to know that there are kids who need those seats.

Oh wow, that's great that they do that for the kids, I hate when adults are in front of little kids blocking their view and don't want to move. I always let little ones go up front.

Christina

Thanks to all for info.

How does everyone know about the first night discount? i didnt see it anywhere and if i were to need to fight for the price i would like to know where i should have seen it posted.

does anybody know what vegetarian options are?

looking forward to my twin sailings to bermuda....one trip with DD in June, one with DS in August. ahhh the sacrifices we make for our children

Thanks to all for info.

How does everyone know about the first night discount? i didnt see it anywhere and if i were to need to fight for the price i would like to know where i should have seen it posted....

It is not advertised on Ncl's website or anywhere but only in the Freestyle Daily you get onboard. It's a first night only deal ( 2 shows ) and it's been like that on the BA since the launch I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I think it must have some affiliation - since it's called the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy.

Here is the link to entertainment onthe Breakaway -

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/onboard/entertainment#tab_detail

Cirque is French for circus. By the thinking that anybody using the word could get sued, you'd have the same issue with PT Barnum being able to claim that Cirque du Soleil appropriated their concept of circus - by using the French word.

It's a circus show marketing using the French word, because it sounds better.

Absolutely not. In fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_Productions

I believe there have been other groups trying to benefit by the popularity of Cirque du Soleil by using the common word Cirque in their marketing or name. It's misleading and certainly can be damaging to the Cirque du Soleil brand if people truly think it is the same company, which is why they sued. Unfortunately for them, the name cirque is a common word and can be used by anyone. I would be personally astonished if the NCL show was even half as good as a real Cirque performance.

Sent from my iPad

Prepare to be astonished. I've seen several CdS shows, and several NCL variants - they are nearly equal in the acrobatics, and the NCL shows with the Quick Change artists are in some cases much better than CdS.

Cirque is French for circus. By the thinking that anybody using the word could get sued, you'd have the same issue with PT Barnum being able to claim that Cirque du Soleil appropriated their concept of circus - by using the French word.

It's a circus show marketing using the French word, because it sounds better.

Prepare to be astonished. I've seen several CdS shows, and several NCL variants - they are nearly equal in the acrobatics, and the NCL shows with the Quick Change artists are in some cases much better than CdS.

Or maybe because it was co-created by Guy Laliberte a french Canadian man from Quebec city.

The guy is a genius and an incredible business man.

As for Ncl using the french word...yes it is only because it sounds better :p

buy premium tickets and get there at least 30 minutes early. Ask for a seat around the stage. She might not be tall enough to have a good view from the balcony

Hi Mike,

The Breakaway is different than the Epic in that there isn't a balcony area. (which for me I actually preferred sitting there) The cirque show in my opinion on the Breakaway is actually very good though and in my opinion shouldn't be missed!

Absolutely not. In fact:

I believe there have been other groups trying to benefit by the popularity of Cirque du Soleil by using the common word Cirque in their marketing or name. It's misleading and certainly can be damaging to the Cirque du Soleil brand if people truly think it is the same company, which is why they sued. Unfortunately for them, the name cirque is a common word and can be used by anyone. I would be personally astonished if the NCL show was even half as good as a real Cirque performance.

Sent from my iPad

I thought it was a very good show but IMO not even close to Cirque Du Soleil.

I would be personally astonished if the NCL show was even half as good as a real Cirque performance.

While it isn't "O" (but in fairness, what is?), it's pretty good. We saw it last week on Breakaway and my wife commented that she had expected a JV performance given the CdS shows we've seen in the past. We felt the performers were every bit as impressive.

Thanks to all for info.

How does everyone know about the first night discount? i didnt see it anywhere and if i were to need to fight for the price i would like to know where i should have seen it posted.

does anybody know what vegetarian options are?

looking forward to my twin sailings to bermuda....one trip with DD in June, one with DS in August. ahhh the sacrifices we make for our children

Book it for later in the week. When you board, switch your plans to the first night if they're offering the discount. We were refunded our $39.99 charges, and then charged the lower price of $29.99 for the first night performance.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Can anyone confirm if the 25% pct first night discount is also offered on the Cirque Dreams show on the Epic?

Just wanna know, because I would prefer not to book it for the first night. But if there's a discount I will!

Anyone have an update for the Epic; and can anyone confirm the 25% off on the Breakaway on the first night!;) Thanks!:D Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

I didn't bother reading the entire thread since this was resurrected from last May, so I'm sorry if this was pointed out previously - the Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy show on the Breakaway is not related to Cirque du Soleil, the well-known production company that produces numerous shows in Las Vegas and elsewhere. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Edited by johnql

Absolutely not. In fact:

...I would be personally astonished if the NCL show was even half as good as a real Cirque performance.

Sent from my iPad

It was a pretty damn good show on the Breakaway. Especially with the limited space of a dinner theater.

Is this included with the ultimate dining package ???

No

It was a pretty damn good show on the Breakaway. Especially with the limited space of a dinner theater.

I agree totally. I have seen a Cirque du Soleil show at Radio City Music Hall and it was very good.

The cirque shows though that I have seen on both Epic and Breakaway to me were more entertaining. Different for sure... but lots of fun.