New Cruisers from Mississippi with questions

Restandrelax2

My wife and I are taking a Western Caribbean Cruise on the Caribbean Princess and have a few questions?

1) What are the typical charges for amenities that are not included when booking the trip such as drink packages, entertainment and room service?

2) What hotels close to the Caribbean Princess offer shuttles back and forth from the ship and airport?

3) What are shopping destinations that we should not miss while at ocho rio jamaica, Georgetown Grand Caymond or Cozumel?

Thanks!!

My wife and I are taking a Western Caribbean Cruise on the Caribbean Princess and have a few questions?

1) What are the typical charges for amenities that are not included when booking the trip such as drink packages, entertainment and room service?

2) What hotels close to the Caribbean Princess offer shuttles back and forth from the ship and airport?

3) What are shopping destinations that we should not miss while at ocho rio jamaica, Georgetown Grand Caymond or Cozumel?

Thanks!!

For the drink package they have a coffee card that is good for unlimited brewed coffee as well as 15 specialty coffees. It costs around $35. They have a soda package as well for around 6/day pp. We do not buy it and I'm sure someone will have an exact amt. They also have a new alcohol package that seems very expensive around $50/per day. You may want to check out the ports section for question 3.

Entertainment and the standard room service menu are included in your cruise fare. Most people tip a few dollars for room service delivery, but that is optional. There are a few things you can order that do cost--$3 for pizza, $10-$14 for canapes, etc.

There are so many hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that you really need to check with their websites -- most that do a shuttle from the airport are complimentary, but charge a fee to shuttle from the hotel to the ship. Check out the Florida thread on the departures forum, lots of recommendations.

Edited by WisCruiser2

All you can drink package both alcoholic and non alcoholic, any drink under $10 plus 40% off expensive wines by the bottle is $49/day/pp plus 15% service charge = $56.35/day. The breakeven is about six cocktails per day, or nine to ten beers. Take a look here: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp for other drink packages.

Entertainment is all included in the fare, no charges.

Room Service is free, but passengers normally tip the room service waiter from $2 to $5 depending on what the request. Also, some room service items have a charge, for example chocolate covered strawberries & alcohol.

An $11.50pp/day hotel charge (also referred to as the autotip) is charged to each person's, not per cabin, on board folio. This tip covers all the crew that serve you during the cruise. Many passengers tip extra at the end of the cruise. The charge is $12.00/day of you are in a mini or full suite.

Suggest you search the internet, that is what we do.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica isn't really a shopping destination. Last time we visited there was a shopping mall at the end of the pier just for ship's passengers. In Georgetown the tender lets you off in town. There are stores all along the waterfront area. Cozumel, depends on the pier, so can't really comment.

Thanks!!

See above

No charge for entertainment or room service. Only exception would be pizza delivery which is $3. There are charges for Bingo and some educational classes. They'll be listed in the Patter.

This link includes drink package options. Scroll down to the end for cost. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Thanks!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We like to stay at the Hyatt Place on 10th. Its a few blocks from the pier and close to reataurants and shops.

A cab would only be aroun $10.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We like to stay at the Hyatt Place on 10th. Its a few blocks from the pier and close to reataurants and shops.

A cab would only be aroun $10.

We stay at the Spring Hill suites in Dania Beach....free shuttle from airport to hotel, free breakfast, free shuttle from hotel to cruiseport.....not sure about a shuttle from cruiseport back to hotel.

We stayed at Cambria Suites Dania Beach and LOVED it! They pick you up free of charge from the airport to the hotel, and I think the shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port is $5pp. I am not sure if it is free pickup from the cruise port once you're finished as we took a taxi from the cruise port to the airport when we were finished our cruise. The hotel has a really nice pool and the rooms are huge - they're suites, so they all have a separate couch with an extra TV (2 tvs in the room!), a big desk...and it really wasn't an expensive place either.

• 2 weeks later...

We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach several times pre-cruise. The hotel is very nice with a good restaurant on site and a mall with shops and restaurants across the street. There's also fast food within walking distance and the area seems very safe. The hotel's airport shuttle is free and there are shuttles from the hotel to the airport for a reasonable fee (about $6-8pp).