Premium Beverage Package

irishayes

I just got off the phone with celebrity customer service. As expected, the customer service representatives know nothing about the change in the beverage packages. They are still quoting the $8 per glass classic limit. Hi boys my frustration over how this was handled as well as how difficult it is to get through to anyone at celebrity and the massive hold times. I expressed doubt about this being the same celebrity that I had cruised on a few years ago. I told her that if this was how I celebrity was going to handle customer service from now on, they were going to lose customers. She was very receptive and apologetic. She took my name and promised to get to the bottom of it and call me back by tomorrow afternoon. We shall see.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The flyer concerning the upcoming new 123 program still lists the $8 limit in the fine print. I think we can be confident if Celebrity officially changes the limit to $9 for wine it would apply to all Classic package previous picked or purchased.

The flyer concerning the upcoming new 123 program still lists the $8 limit in the fine print. I think we can be confident if Celebrity officially changes the limit to $9 for wine it would apply to all Classic package previous picked or purchased.

That flyer also shows the value of the classic package at $88 a day or $44 per day per person.

It is not surprising that there is so much confusion.

I have the celebrity csr calling me back tomorrow morning. She would like me 2 walk her through the cruise critic message board and pinpoint where celebrity posted the new classic beverage package because no one in her csr office is aware of any changes. It is unbelievable to me that celebrity didn't even notify the customer service representatives of the change. Can someone point me to where Celebrity posted the updated classic package information?

The Celebrity rep posted on each of the threads discussing the Classic package. One was started by me. I'm not on the computer but my phone but I think it was around the 19th May. If you do a Member search using Celebrity as the user name then click on Celebrity it let's you see all the posts they've made. Then you should find it.

Lucky the ship service is better than the land service.

The Celebrity rep posted on each of the threads discussing the Classic package. One was started by me. I'm not on the computer but my phone but I think it was around the 19th May. If you do a Member search using Celebrity as the user name then click on Celebrity it let's you see all the posts they've made. Then you should find it.

Lucky the ship service is better than the land service.

Found it, Pushka. I also found the post where Celebrity said they were working on the Premium package and should have something for us soon (8 days ago).

I'll post tomorrow after I speak with her at 9 a.m EST.

Found it, Pushka. I also found the post where Celebrity said they were working on the Premium package and should have something for us soon (8 days ago).

I'll post tomorrow after I speak with her at 9 a.m EST.

On the assumption that the person you speak to tomorrow has no idea who "celebrity cruises" is, please get the reps name and post it so "celebrity cruise" can find the rep. Or send the name to Andy who can forward the csr name to the celebrity cruise person. Maybe we can help celebrity communications inside their own hq.

On the assumption that the person you speak to tomorrow has no idea who "celebrity cruises" is, please get the reps name and post it so "celebrity cruise" can find the rep. Or send the name to Andy who can forward the csr name to the celebrity cruise person. Maybe we can help celebrity communications inside their own hq.

Already have that. The reps name is Kara Scott. She really was very willing to help me out and was absolutely agreeing to how frustrated we all are about this.

Sorry folks but this is getting to, well, silly.

Celebrity is a very large Company with phone centers in 3 different State's, and you really think they would know each other? Please. Now, should upper Mgt do a better job keeping the Rep's better informed and up to date, of course they should. But to even think for a 'nano second':rolleyes: they should know everyone in every department, in every building, in every location from the center in Miami, to Wichita, to Seattle, is just plan ridiculous.

Sorry folks but this is getting to, well, silly.

Celebrity is a very large Company with phone centers in 3 different State's, and you really think they would know each other? Please. Now, should upper Mgt do a better job keeping the Rep's better informed and up to date, of course they should. But to even think for a 'nano second':rolleyes: they should know everyone in every department, in every building, in every location from the center in Miami, to Wichita, to Seattle, is just plan ridiculous.

Which is exactly why you need a name...because without a name the csr and celebrity cruise will never find each other to communicate. Even if celebrity cruise finds out which call center hasn't gotten info on the change, maybe the word will get out internally.

Edited by ghstudio

OK just heard from her. I showed her the communication from Celebrity on this message board. She was thoroughly disgusted that no one had communicated this change to her. She is going to move this up the chain and call our ship (Equinox) as well to see what their understanding of the new package is. She said the "$9" per glass wine limit looked like a typo. I assured her it was not. She communicated that she probably would not be ale to get back with me until after we board, because of having to go through a bunch of channels. So I really have nothing, other than letting everyone know that now the Omaha office is aware of the change in the Classic Package. Unbelievable that WE had to let them know about it.

OK just heard from her. I showed her the communication from Celebrity on this message board. She was thoroughly disgusted that no one had communicated this change to her. She is going to move this up the chain and call our ship (Equinox) as well to see what their understanding of the new package is. She said the "$9" per glass wine limit looked like a typo. I assured her it was not. She communicated that she probably would not be ale to get back with me until after we board, because of having to go through a bunch of channels. So I really have nothing, other than letting everyone know that now the Omaha office is aware of the change in the Classic Package. Unbelievable that WE had to let them know about it.

Thank you for trying to get to the bottom of this on behalf of those of us that bought these packages in good faith. I agree with the bolded.

Just checking, but when Celebrity Cruises posts here on Cruise Critic...are we sure it's really them? I mean, can't it be anyone that decides to use that as their user name? Just wondering...

Thank you for trying to get to the bottom of this on behalf of those of us that bought these packages in good faith. I agree with the bolded.

Just checking, but when Celebrity Cruises posts here on Cruise Critic...are we sure it's really them? I mean, can't it be anyone that decides to use that as their user name? Just wondering...

I was wondering the same thing. However we have people on the ships who are confirming this, right?

OK, we are in the UK and are sailing on Eclipse in about 3 weeks time. I have today spoken to my TA about this mess, and she has forwarded to me an email they received from Celebrity regarding the Classic Package on 23 May. It shows that spirits and cocktails up to $8, beer to $6 and wine to $9 are included. It also shows brands included and shows differences for UK and Alaska (by added brands). I have a difficulty in understanding why Celebrity's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing!

Peter

OK, we are in the UK and are sailing on Eclipse in about 3 weeks time. I have today spoken to my TA about this mess, and she has forwarded to me an email they received from Celebrity regarding the Classic Package on 23 May. It shows that spirits and cocktails up to $8, beer to $6 and wine to $9 are included. It also shows brands included and shows differences for UK and Alaska (by added brands). I have a difficulty in understanding why Celebrity's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing!

Peter

Those levels are correct though as you are on the Eclipse from the UK the limits will include the service charge so will be $9.20, $7 and $10.50 respectively ( with a bit of rounding taking place).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Host Andy has assured us that they are indeed a representative of Celebrity Cruises.

The caveat that drinks above the premium limit will only be charged the amount over the $13 is not on that list.

Did Celebrity just forget or is that a change in policy?

That, as far as I know, has never been posted anywhere by Celebrity. But has been in place for our last 3 cruises.

Edited by Christine Frances