flight time after the oasis??

For people who have cruised the airport what is a safe time to book a flight from FLL after the cruise?

I seemed to read a lot of post where people are off the oasis and Allure very early.

Looking at a 10:30am flight.

For most cruises i wouldn't even ask but after reading other post i have to ask.

TIA

Bill

We were off the ship by 6:30 (self debark)...grabbed one of the hundreds of cabs (and shuttles) in the parking lot waiting to take everyone to their destination.

At the airport by 6:50, and our flight was 9:45am.

Unless, of course, if something should go wrong, your flight time will be absolutely fine.

As in many other posts, if you get up early and walk your luggage off yourself between 630 and 7am and grab a cab you should be fine, as the airport is very close (10-15 minute ride) to the port.

We're on Oasis and our flight is at 9:30 on JetBlue, who does let you pay $10pp for the "fast security line"; option, which I took advantage of.

But it you want to be totally safe, you would have to do the Royal's Choice Air option (with their ground transfers I assume) and of course, those flights being later are much more expensive (except maybe the last flight of the day). Just depends on if you are at all willing/able to arrive later and pay extra $$$ on the really small chance (IMHO) you will miss your flight.

I'd have no problem booking a 10AM flight after Oasis/Allure.

We did the earliest luggage tag (not self-carry) on Allure earlier this month and we were at the airport by 8:30 without having rushed ourselves. We had hours before our 11:15AM flight.

I think for the fort Lauderdale airport I'm almost more concerned about getting their too early and having to hang out with nothing to do for the day. I've never been there but it looks like a smaller airport, not much in the way of lounges or extra facilities. If you get there early it looks like you just have to sit and wait by the gate for your plane to arrive.

You need to hear this again like you need a hole in the head, but another vote for the flight time. Get off early, have transport available, and you're at the airport fast. FLL is expanding too, the new runway opens in September. They're going after more international flights, 'cause MIA is a zoo! They really did a great and fast job with it too. :)

I think for the fort Lauderdale airport I'm almost more concerned about getting their too early and having to hang out with nothing to do for the day. I've never been there but it looks like a smaller airport, not much in the way of lounges or extra facilities. If you get there early it looks like you just have to sit and wait by the gate for your plane to arrive.

It is a smaller airport. The good thing is that dropping off checked bags and security is generally a breeze.

I believe FLL also has a limit on how early you can check bags. It might vary by airline, but I recall a 4 hour limit on Southwest once.

A few years ago it was 4 hours for Delta, as well.

I hope they at least have some comfortable chairs or a lounge somewhere. I'd hate to have to wait 6 hours for a flight and just sit on a bench staring at the wall.

I hope they at least have some comfortable chairs or a lounge somewhere. I'd hate to have to wait 6 hours for a flight and just sit on a bench staring at the wall.

They do have free WiFi at FLL, so that helps.:)

Edited by clarea

Good point. That is a very nice benefit of FLL that we don't have in BHM and ATL.

I agree. Also free in Orlando and Tampa. Maybe it's a Florida thing. Not free at our "home" airport of STL.

We were off the ship by 6:30 (self debark)...grabbed one of the hundreds of cabs (and shuttles) in the parking lot waiting to take everyone to their destination.

At the airport by 6:50, and our flight was 9:45am.

Unless, of course, if something should go wrong, your flight time will be absolutely fine.

Do you remember what the cab fare was from the port to the airport.

Wondering if we should grab a cab or book a shuttle ? (for 3 people)

For four of us in a minivan cab it was $20 including a $5 tip.

We always get a Town Car from the hotel to the ship pre-cruise. That runs around $70-90 with tip.

For four of us in a minivan cab it was $20 including a $5 tip.

We always get a Town Car from the hotel to the ship pre-cruise. That runs around $70-90 with tip.

Cheaper for a taxi then a shuttle then.

We usually have a rental car but this time we wont be flying in until later in the evening the night before so there's no need for one.

thanks for the reply

Thanks for all the votes of confidence.

I have booked the 10:30am flight.:)

As to the 4 hour checkin time frame I have cruised from and flown from FLL in the winter months with lots of ships in port and a couple times they have waived the time limit since there were so many people at the airport early.

Thanks again

Bill

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Fort-Lauderdale-FL&from=Fort+Lauderdale-Hollywood+International+Airport&to=Port+Everglades%2C+Hollywood%2C+FL%2C+United+States&toCoord=26.0937112,-80.1246643

Thanks so much for the link. I never knew such a think existed. this will be helpful with looking for a hotel as well.

Thanks again!

But it you want to be totally safe, you would have to do the Royal's Choice Air option (with their ground transfers I assume)

Actually, that's the last thing I would do. I believe when you have cruise line transfers you are generally on a large bus...which means the bus isn't going to move until it's full. Cabs are plentiful at Port Everglades, just grab one and you'll be at the airport in less than 10 min.

There are 4 separate teminals, which varying amenities at each. I am most familiar with terminal 2, which is primarily Delta flights. Limited concessions, and none that are landside. There is a Delta Sky Club. It's small as Sky Clubs go, but the I've always found the staff to be friendly. I've gone through terminal 1 on Southwest a couple of times and seem to recall a bar/restaurant that is landside but I'm not 100% positive. Have only flown into 3 once and never through 4 so can't comment at all on those.