Paul Reynolds moving on

I think I must have lost the plot as I thought this thread was about Paul Reynolds moving on? Just asking?

Yes, Paul is now working for Viking Ocean Cruises and is very excited about the launch of their new ship(s).:)

• 3 weeks later...
We left the Mariner yesterday and thought that Paul was probably the most disinterested and unfriendly cruise director that we have ever encountered. He was OK on the morning TV program but on a one to one basis he gave the impression throughout the cruise that he didn't want to be there. He had little interaction with passengers around the ship and it was only on the last night when the captain said that he would be taking "an extended vacation" that we realised that he was leaving.

It's a shame as he was obviously popular with past cruisers and it may have been better for all concerned if he had left immediately after he handed in his notice so that he could go to Viking and leave Regent on a high note.

I totally agree with you on this. We had two cruise Paul and except for the embarkation we NEVER saw him, unlike Jamie Logan who I felt was all over the place all the time.. I must be missing something..

I don't know but I must say that I have been on at least a dozen or so cruises on various lines (HAL, RCCL, Celebrity, Seabourn and Regent) and I have never that I can recall had a single conversation or interaction with a cruise director beyond seeing them at their various public appearances that they make on board. I have never been able to understand why they are considered so critical to the success of a cruise. I really don't care who they are or what they do.

+1 but to each their own.

It is very sad to see anyone put down a Regent employee (past or present) or anyone else on a public forum. As said in the last post "to each his own". For that reason, negative comments are more appropriate on a Comment Card rather than on CC.

It is very sad to see anyone put down a Regent employee (past or present) or anyone else on a public forum. As said in the last post "to each his own". For that reason, negative comments are more appropriate on a Comment Card rather than on CC.

Why should criticism be considered a negative comment?

Isn't a forum a platform for all kind of of comments, whether one agrees with them or not?

No -- this is not a forum to slander people.

So, if someone doesn't agree with your opinion of a staff member, that is slander?

I just re-read the posts relating to this thread and don't see one comment that could be construed as slander.

And, in any event, wouldn't it be the function of the moderator to determine that?

This discussion is a classic example of making a mountain out of a molehill. Paul is GONE! The guy obviously had one foot out the door on his last cruise. Human nature not to care as much. He used to be good, it appears, but then decided to leave. They probably couldn't replace him in time. End of story.