Cove Balcony ?

The square footage is about 10ft more on the cove. You won't notice the difference. There are bars instead of Plexiglas below the railing. The actual opening is slightly smaller. I enjoyed our cove on the Magic. I was nice being so close to the water and it was really great to watch for pier runners! The only draw back, and this is based on personal preference, was the distance to the lido. All other cruised have been two below the lido in aft section the ship. If you do book a cove be sure to check the deck plans for what is above you. Happy Cruising.

We had a cove last week on the Breeze. I loved it. We had room 2256. It is forward and has good access to the elevators and stairs. I had very little wait time using the glass elevators. One tip that I would give is to use a damp towel in the morning to wipe the salt water off the chairs and railing. Then throw a towel on the floor and wipe the water off the floor. I always used the towel animal towels to do this.

We loved the cove on Dream. It is sheltered by lifeboats above, so not really for sunbathing. I'll always remember flying along up the coast off Miami going about 22 knots. The light rain was hitting away off the lifeboat over head and I could see planes flying in to land in Miami. It was just beautiful out there!

Do choose carefully. You don't want the galley above you. We were forward, but about three cabins back, port side. Couldn't have been a better location. But...Now, I want to go back! Got to find a good price.:p

The balconies are 10 square feet larger than a regular balcony (45sqft versus 35sqft).

See video in my sig below.

:)

The square footage is about 10ft more on the cove. You won't notice the difference. There are bars instead of Plexiglas below the railing. The actual opening is slightly smaller. I enjoyed our cove on the Magic. I was nice being so close to the water and it was really great to watch for pier runners! The only draw back, and this is based on personal preference, was the distance to the lido. All other cruised have been two below the lido in aft section the ship. If you do book a cove be sure to check the deck plans for what is above you. Happy Cruising.

Thanks for your answers. I would have been back sooner to read them but got side-tracked.

Love the coves. I've been in 2, both on the Magic. You are so much closer to the water, which I love.

We are booked in a cove balcony, 2369 on the Magic. Did you experience any unbearable noise? By that I mean were you awoken in the middle of the night or found it hard to sleep due to the public areas above you?

We were in a cove balcony, room 2264 on the Magic. It was FANTASTIC. The sound of the water while laying in bed at night with the balcony door propped open is one of our favorite memories from our cruise. We have another cove booked on the Dream for next April. We will forever be reluctant to book a cruise on a class of ship that does not have coves balconies, we've been spoiled! I have pictures in my review, link in my signature. :)

We had a cove on the magic and loved it.. I wish all the ships had them.. I was a little scared of the noise issue but we never had any problems.(room 2419) It is so private and so close to the water. We would see dolphins and flying fish all the time. It was so relaxing and i would always get one now. the only thing i heard could happen is they close the doors if the weather gets rough.. We lucked out and it didnt happen. but even then you stil have yur window to see out. Enjoy!

...Great cabin! Had the Breeze Cove cabin 2283 right off the Atrium elevators. Great location. Heard the "ping" of the elevators for the first day and never after that. Looking forward to booking another Cove balcony cabin in the near future!

I've never been much of a balcony person, but I really liked the cove balcony that we had on the Breeze. In my opinion, only the aft wraps could beat the coves. I love being close to the water. Like others said, don't get one below the galley. We were below the midship dining room, which was absolutely perfect! The dining room is carpeted and empty all night.

I personally like that the lifeboats are above the cove balconies. I have never thought of a balcony as a place to get a tan anyway, so the shade is nice. In our 8 days, the balconies were never locked. It has happened before, and will happen again, but it's rare. We would also use the forward 10 elevators, including the glass ones, and we never had a long wait to get to/from lido deck. I've had a balcony way up high, spent tons of time in my friends' grand suite on another cruise, and I say the cove easily beat both of those.

Thanks everyone that replied...and hat tip to p_mori7 for the video. The cove balcony sounds really great.

Thanks.

Someone commented that the balcony size difference wasn't noticeable...to which I disagree ! 45sqft vs. 35sqft is almost 30% bigger !

I am 6'4", and I had enough room to strech out my legs and prop my feet up on the little ledge.

I would book a CB again in a heartbeat !

:)

I never understand why people think you are so far from the Lido. You are only as far as an elevator no matter which deck you are on. We never had a long wait for an elevator on either of our Breeze cruises except embarkation day and debarkation day.

You will love the cove. Its the only way for us now.

We had a cove last week on the Breeze. I loved it. We had room 2256. It is forward and has good access to the elevators and stairs. I had very little wait time using the glass elevators. One tip that I would give is to use a damp towel in the morning to wipe the salt water off the chairs and railing. Then throw a towel on the floor and wipe the water off the floor. I always used the towel animal towels to do this.

Looking at a cruise on the breeze in December and happen to have 2256 available. Did you have any noise problem from above or the elevators?? How was the view-lifeboats in the way? Thanks,