Regal Princess Inaugural 7 Night Cruise Review

SeaCBear

Sorry for the delay in responding - I was out of town for the weekend.

Yes, we had the All Inclusive package and for us, it was very good value. We enjoyed all our espressos, cappuccinos, bottles of water, glasses of wine beers, martinis and scotches!

And yes, you can get a glass of wine anywhere on board with the AI package, including the dining room or any bar.

love reading your post but have a question on the drink package. Did you get the bar package and does it include glasses of wine anywhere on the ship to include the dining room? do you think it's good value?

Thanks so much for all the recent, and very nice comments. It does take a lot of time to write these reviews and post the photos, but I enjoy doing this, and it's all worth it if I can feel I've helped even just one person plan their cruise, or helped one person excited about their upcoming trip. :)

Happy cruising!

Thanks for your time to post your insightful reviews and great pictures! We are on the Grand Med cruise on the Regal starting Sept 23th and we hope that any criticism (this web forum is called "Cruise Critic" for a reason...) on your cruise will be resolved by for our cruise.

Thanks for the fab reviews and pictures. Umm would you know about the wine packages (silver/gold)? Is it true that you can't consume wines included in this package at the bars? That would be disappointing and I'd have to look at something else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Moksha22!

Sorry, I don't really know anything about the wine packages, as we had the All Inclusive Beverage package, so we weren't interested in buying any bottles of wine (but we enjoyed plenty of glasses of wine). :)

Perhaps someone else knows the answer?

Thanks for the fab reviews and pictures. Umm would you know about the wine packages (silver/gold)? Is it true that you can't consume wines included in this package at the bars? That would be disappointing and I'd have to look at something else.

We have purchased the wine package on one cruise, but only consumed the wine in the DRs and our cabin. You can't get bottles at bars or Vines. However, since you have paid for the bottle, you should be able to bring it anywhere to have a drink. Hopefully someone who has actually tried can post their experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

loved reading your review, it has helped me a lot to prepare for my cruise in August. I have purchased the all inclusive beverage package and curious about wine by the glass. I drink Nobilo that you can purchase for $32 per bottle. I'm assuming it's on the menu to buy by the glass? any idea how they do that? (basically is the choices of wine by the glass any good) :)

thanks

loved reading your review, it has helped me a lot to prepare for my cruise in August. I have purchased the all inclusive beverage package and curious about wine by the glass. I drink Nobilo that you can purchase for $32 per bottle. I'm assuming it's on the menu to buy by the glass? any idea how they do that? (basically is the choices of wine by the glass any good) :)

thanks

Any available glass of wine priced under $10 is included in the package.

thanks

Not all of the wines offered by the bottle are on the wine by the glass list.

I don't remember if the Nobilo was but you should be able to find a nice white wine that you'll enjoy.

One nice thing about the package is that you can try a wine and if you don't like it just move on and try something else. :D

HI woomera - you can't pre-book the Sanctuary before you board. Once on board, you can book an entire week, a day or select days, or even 1/2 days. If you're interested, you should probably head to the Sanctuary as soon as you board to choose your loungers (some are full sun, others mostly shade, etc.) and make your reservation.

Once you have reserved, you will be charged for the days you've booked, unless you cancel, even if you don't show up that day at all. Apparently there were some no-shows on the Regal, but the manager told me he would still have to charge them.

All of the information above applies to the Royal/Regal Princess - the procedures and policies may differ for other Princess ships.

Please can you tell me how to pre book the sanctuary?

thanks for the update on the Sanctuary. I have a question on the all inclusive bar package. do you think it was worth it? are most of the good wines, scotch, vodka drinks less than $10? thanks again

thanks for the update on the bar package. did they give you a hard time if you went up to the bar too much? we normally drink a bottle of wine with dinner but figure we can get a glass before we go in and then order another glass during dinner. Is that kind of how it works?

thanks again

Not all of the wines offered by the bottle are on the wine by the glass list.

I don't remember if the Nobilo was but you should be able to find a nice white wine that you'll enjoy.

One nice thing about the package is that you can try a wine and if you don't like it just move on and try something else. :D