Jewel of the Seas 3/28/15 Sailing

According to Royal Caribbean's website, the 3/28/15 itinerary has changed. I am on hold with RC now to confirm the change but this looks they are substituting Tortolla with St. Thomas.

I am disappointed as I was looking forward to visiting Tortolla. I booked this cruise two months ago and just earned of the change today as i was booking excursions. Is it normal for RC to not notify guests already booked of changes?

Yes, they can do it but it would be nice to be notified about a change. It is my understanding that its not just this sailing or ship that's being impacted. Apparently there is a major port project taking place and Tortola will be removed until that's complete.

From what I heard and read Disney is a major reason for the project.

Disney is doing to Tortola what RCI did in Jamaica.

God knows we go to the Caribbean for Dairy Queen and Quizno's.

http://www.caribjournal.com/2014/05/12/british-virgin-islands-breaks-ground-on-cruise-pier-expansion/

Doesn't really sound like a "Disney Project":rolleyes: And I don't see anything about Dairy Queen or Quizno's.........

http://www.caribjournal.com/2014/05/12/british-virgin-islands-breaks-ground-on-cruise-pier-expansion/

Doesn't really sound like a "Disney Project":rolleyes: And I don't see anything about Dairy Queen or Quizno's.........

Maybe it will have Haagen Dasz and Subway instead? Not really sure. I'll bet my bottom dollar it will be a "compound" with plenty of American chain fast food places.

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/08/disney-cruise-line-partially-behind-tortola-pier-park-port-development-project/

My January sailing on Jewel has been changed too, We are now visiting Antigua instead of Tortola. They have changed the Itinerary around completely to accommodate this change.

Just a pity they didn't notify me of this change.

Good job I hadn't booked any private excursions!!

My January sailing on Jewel has been changed too, We are now visiting Antigua instead of Tortola. They have changed the Itinerary around completely to accommodate this change.

Are you on the St Lucia route?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I'm going to be on the January 3 sailing. I just looked on RCI website it. Our itinerary looks the same as when we booked it. Now I wonder if they changed it and just haven't updated the information yet :/

I'm booked April 25,2015 so far it still looks like Tortola is still on the itinerary. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way as that is one of the two islands my DH wanted to bring our kids back to! (Just did this April 19th and enjoyed it so much had to book for next year with our young adult kids!)

According to Royal Caribbean's website, the 3/28/15 itinerary has changed. I am on hold with RC now to confirm the change but this looks they are substituting Tortolla with St. Thomas.

I am disappointed as I was looking forward to visiting Tortolla. I booked this cruise two months ago and just earned of the change today as i was booking excursions. Is it normal for RC to not notify guests already booked of changes?

We just returned from the Jewel's southern caribbean route last month. There are several excursion options that you can take from St. Thomas to Tortola and/or the baths. I think the boat ride was about 45 minutes. We went to Trunk Bay and LOVED it!!!

Yeah...a heads up would be nice, but they rarely notify you of changes. We once had out entire itinerary reversed...thankfully, we hadn't booked any excursions that made the change difficult, but there were alot of folks "left in the cold", because of the change. It states in the cruise contract that they can change or cancel any port stop at any time, for any reason...or no reason!!!!