Caribbean Princess still in dock

afd524

We are on ship. Seems like heating cooling is not working well. Some areas of ship are very warm. Smell of exhaust in center stairwell in between calypso and Neptune. No word since 3:30 from captain. It is 10:20 now. Business as usual. Edward in palm restaurant and lester are great!

We are on ship. Seems like heating cooling is not working well. Some areas of ship are very warm. Smell of exhaust in center stairwell in between calypso and Neptune. No word since 3:30 from captain. It is 10:20 now. Business as usual. Edward in palm restaurant and lester are great!

We are on CB right now. Was told by one of staff that there were engine problems. We've been watching divers working in the water underneath ship. Captain said we would sail at 8pm, it's 9:30 now and no sign that we'll be leaving anytime soon. Gotta go now and go with my wife to line dancing!

So no announcments for 7 hours???

22:30 and still in port. Very little activity visible in the bridge. If we were ready to leave the bridge wings would be manned. I am hoping that there are no delays into Grand Turk. However, if there are I think San Juan is close enough that the call in Grand Turk could be extended to make up for it.ImageUploadedByForums1401590256.099883.jpg.f2a003406db39f335ebaf51a4c7c696f.jpg

Regardless we are having a good time . I am just about to go up to Skywalkers to listen to some music and do a little dancing .

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by ltcal94

We're on her next week also. A little concerned when I hear about heating and cooling problems and exhaust smell in main stairwell. I hope all goes well for fellow cruisers who are on board now! I just heard on the port radio that there are still divers in the water and it will be another half hour!

I am on the CB now and we still have not departed. No announcements other

Than several hours ago they said we would not miss any time

In Grand Turk. There has been a strong fuel smell on the

Lower levels. Would like if the capt would let us know what

Is going on. A lady at dinner said she saw them using some

Type of sealer material. I would rather be stuck here than out at sea.

Wish us luck! Bummer that my laptop doesn't get wifi in the stateroom.

Excuse the typos using my cell phone

Edited by RocksNoSalt
Spelling

That does not sound good. Hopefully they get it all worked out.

We had the opposite on disembarkment. We went to breakfast at 7 and tried to get off at 8am. I never had a problem before on any ship regardless of the line for walk off. This one made us wait 20 minutes past our designated time. For walk off? Seriously? Other ships (princess and other cruiselines) want the walk offs to go and don't hold them back standing around waiting. You were blessed. I (and our friends) found them to be ridiculously disorganized.

Hi Maureen. We did the earliest walkoff and were walking up to the disembarkation lounge when we were told that we could get off the ship already, and this was at 7:10. There were probably 20 people ahead of us in line which went slowly as there was only one customs agent. When we got up to the front of the line, two more showed up but by then there were hundreds of people in line. So that likely slowed things down for everyone after that.

I was wondering if the Thursday engine room announcement and the early arrival due to maintenance were related. We noticed yesterday that our room started feeling warmer, even when we set the thermostat to the lowest setting. It was somewhere in the middle the rest of the cruise. I'm thankful we all made it back, but I truly hope the problem is resolved quickly so the folks on board can enjoy their cruise.

Edited by azbirdmom

Listening to port radio, just said it would be another 20-25 minutes. Hope they get whatever the problem is fixed soon. 2 weeks until we sail on her.

How do I get this port radio?

Itcal94, have you considered approaching the pursers desk or an officer?

Other than the fact we are in port and the shops are closed everyone seems to have a positive attitude and business seems as usual.ImageUploadedByForums1401591948.747129.jpg.97a8267977b13b1f2f44482225fab30c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app