Caribbean Princess still in dock

afd524

We just got off the CP and the other night at dinner the alarm sounded and the captain came on speaker and said " first stage to the engine room". Last night we were told due to repairs that need to be made we would be arriving in Port Everglades at 1 am. I assume something wrong in the engine room. We never noticed any issues and it was smoothest cruise I've been on. No rough seas, beautiful weather.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We just got off the CP and the other night at dinner the alarm sounded and the captain came on speaker and said " first stage to the engine room". Last night we were told due to repairs that need to be made we would be arriving in Port Everglades at 1 am. I assume something wrong in the engine room. We never noticed any issues and it was smoothest cruise I've been on. No rough seas' date=' beautiful weather.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote']

thanks for the info....

CB = Caribbean Princess

We got off the CB today as well. We were wondering if whatever happened in the engine room Thursday night had anything to do with our early arrival into FLL but could not find out anything. I guess it's always better to arrive early rather than late. We did the first walk-off at 7:20 - they actually sent us on our way at 7:12 and we were through customs and in a cab at 7:40. Easiest disembarkation ever!

We got off the CB today as well. We were wondering if whatever happened in the engine room Thursday night had anything to do with our early arrival into FLL but could not find out anything. I guess it's always better to arrive early rather than late. We did the first walk-off at 7:20 - they actually sent us on our way at 7:12 and we were through customs and in a cab at 7:40. Easiest disembarkation ever!

I was thinking the same thing. They didn't call any code with it. We came in about 1:00am. An announcement was made last night that they were going to come in and have some maintenance work done. They said this morning that they were filling up with fuel and that no one was allowed on the Promenaude and not to smoke (makes sense).

We had the opposite on disembarkment. We went to breakfast at 7 and tried to get off at 8am. I never had a problem before on any ship regardless of the line for walk off. This one made us wait 20 minutes past our designated time. For walk off? Seriously? Other ships (princess and other cruiselines) want the walk offs to go and don't hold them back standing around waiting. You were blessed. I (and our friends) found them to be ridiculously disorganized.

Edited by iluvcruzin

This isn't funny. I'm getting on one hand a doomsday scenario as if my cruise can be canceled & another post on all is cool no worries. Which knew is it?:mad:

I think you are overthinking this. No big deal. They are doing maintenance work. It happens all the time. Your cruise isn't for a few weeks so the odds are slim to none you will be effected.

sorry to say when I got off on 5/23, my 10:15 disembarkation was delayed until about 11:15...this was blamed on customs agents. But during the cruise there were many problems with toilets & other plumbing issues. Not that I think this would be what the delay today is about but there were definitely some problems during my cruises. I was on a b2b from 5/15 until 5/23. Thoroughly enjoyed my cruise, other than other pax b**ching. This would have been the first & second cruises after drydock. I thought maybe by now all problems would be ironed out...

We are on CB right now. Was told by one of staff that there were engine problems. We've been watching divers working in the water underneath ship. Captain said we would sail at 8pm, it's 9:30 now and no sign that we'll be leaving anytime soon. Gotta go now and go with my wife to line dancing!

I think you are overthinking this. No big deal. They are doing maintenance work. It happens all the time. Your cruise isn't for a few weeks so the odds are slim to none you will be effected.

Now that I can digest without heartburn! Tks!